26. Home

"Woah!"

The air clashed with her body like a storm, filing her insides with chilled breeze and she felt cool, like really really cool.

She felt like a butterfly, like she has grown wings in her body and spreading them to the fullest, she is enjoying the show, the world.

The swing she was sitting on, totted forward and reached its maximum height and then, like a magnet pulling it back, started going backwards.

Soft girlish sounds of laughs escaped preeta's lips as she enjoyed the ride to the fullest.

"This is so so so fun!" Exclaimed prachi, who was sitting on the swing adjacent to preeta's.

Both the girls, like the good old days of their childhood, were reminiscing the memories by sitting on swing in prachi's garden.

Like before, they both again sat on the swing today, and started enjoying the swing. It just took them back to the time when it was all new and fresh.

Same place. Same people. Just new time and grown up them.

"Comeon you two! I want to have fun too. Stop acting like ten year old prachi and preeta." Ranbir whinned.

They both rolled their eyes and stuck out their tongues at Ranbir who frowned.

"You know what, I hate you too! You both are mean! Absolutely mean! M chala Sahil ke paas." He stomped his feets angrily and went towards sahil, who was preparing Maggie inside the kitchen.

"Ab hume chalna chahiye, Baklu gussa ho gya aur ab agar hum nhi gye, to mom meri band Baja dengi!" Prachi said.

"I know." Preeta said.

They both slowed their swings down and when it was almost at rest, they both jumped off it and ran inside.

Today, the whole lot of Mehra and Kohli Family along with Sahil were enjoying the get together at the Mehra residence.

As prachi and preeta went inside, they saw everyone gathered in the hall and the sounds of laughters echoed through the hall.

This filled preeta's heart with so much contentment and relief. Finally, she was among the people she knew all about. Their likes, dislikes, hobbies and everything and the amazing part was, they knew her equally well.

It felt so good to be finally back at the place where she felt belonged, unlike her house where she is feeling so so out of place. It felt good to fit in this place, to fit between the people around her and not wander around as the unknown and the odd one.

"Heyy guys! Maggie is readyyyyyyyy!" Sahil announced.

Like old days, Ranbir, Prachi and preeta looked at eachother and without saying a word, they all started running towards the dining table at their fullest speed. They didn't need to say, that it was a race between them, just to grab their favourite seats. And the coincidence was, their favourite seat was the same and everytime, the one who reached the place grabbed it.

Like always, this time too, it was preeta.

"Yaaar! Tu phir Jeet gyii!" Ranbir whinned.

Preeta throwed a proud look at him. He grumpily sat down at the adjacent seat.

But his grumpiness was soon gone as the amazing aroma of delicious Maggie surrounded him which was served by sahil, and soon, all other family members joined them too.

All dived their heads inside the delicious Maggie.

"Tum sab itne bhulakkad kaise ho skte ho? You all seriously forgot to cheers!" Abhishek Mehra shrieked.