16. Redeem

Preeta's heart thudded in fear, beating furiously with each passing second, ready to come out of her ribcage and blast in professor Gupta's house itself.

All three of them were sitting in the drawing room of Gupta mansion.

Professor Gupta was sitting just in front of them, his posture calm and composed and his face, victorious.

If the fear of Karan was a little less, Preeta would have bombarded the cruel professor with glares and alls, but the cruelty of the professor is a second thought in her mind, The arrival of karan at Any moment, holds the first.

As she felt a car being parked outside the mansion, her heart accelerates. It beats like a maniac, preeta fears she might get a heart attack.

After some minutes, which flew away quickly, sounds of footsteps echoes in the eerily silent drawing room and after some seconds, appears Karan.

He was dressed in his casual night clothes, tshirt and sweatpants. His face was tensed, as if he came here in case of an emergency.

But when his eyes fall on Preeta, Rachit and Ruchika, the tensed face is replaced by a shock.

"Ye?" Karan manages to say.

Realising his presence, Professor Gupta got up from his seat and walks towards him, shaking hands with him formally. But Karan's concentration was fully on his wife and his siblings.

Professor Gupta clutched his hand more tightly, snapping Karan's attention towards himself.

"So Mr. Luthra, Well, M Kahan se start Karu mujhe smjh nhi aa rha." Professor Gupta said.

Karan gave him a confused look but professor Gupta first motions him to take a seat.

Karan sit besides preeta, rachit and Ruchika while the professor sits infront of them.

"To Mr. Luthra! Let's directly come to point. Aapke man m filhal dher saare questions honge. Jaise, m yaha kyu hu? Meri wife aur mere siblings bhi yahan kyu h? Etc." The professor says.

Karan just shook his head and stares his wife and siblings from the corner of his eye.

"M aapko batata hu!" Professor said and took out Ruchika's phone from his pocket.

"Ye to---" Karan begins, but the professor completes his statement.

"Correct. Ms Ruchika Luthra ka hai. Ab m aapko batata hu, ye mere paas aur aap sab abhi iss waqt yahan kyu h. Ms. Luthra, unlock your phone!" The professor commands.

Ru gulps and with shaky hands, she unlocks the phone, giving the phone back to professor.

The professor was quick to open the folder and started showing the snaps to Karan.

Karan widened his eyes and glares at ruchika.

"Ru! What is this?" He demands angrily.

Ru gulps and bows her head down.

"Listen to the whole matter first, Mr. Luthra. I snatched her phone yesterday and asked her to come with you Today, to take her phone back. But instead of coming with you, she came with her sister in law, your wife, is she?" The professor said, pointing at preeta.

Preeta narrowed her eyes at him and asked,

"What do you mean by 'is she?', M jhooth bol rhi hu kya?"

The professor smiled and said calmly,

"I apologise Mrs. Luthra, but currently, you are not in the position to question me!"