SHOULD I BELIEVE HIM

Diya was shocked. As much as she wanted to know the truth from his end, she was afraid... that it would hurt her more than now. Though Diya wished that Nishanth should come clean about his past... She... didn't want it to be true. She didn't want... Aaradhana to be a part of her life's disaster. She didn't wish to hear that Nishanth loved her and still loves... Aaaradhana. She shifted uncomfortably and tried to get up.

Diya started to think that their life as husband and wife would end. And it will be a relationship of father and mother to their kid. She shivered visibly. And this didn't go unnoticed by Nishanth.

Somewhere, Nishanth felt that Diya couldn't accept this fact now. He assumed that... Diya needed time to... receive it. But he wanted her to understand that... Diya is his life now.

Nishanth took hold of her hand and sensed her hands wet and shivering. He pressed her hands in between his palms and assured, "Diya... I know there is something that you are thinking about... which is taking you away from me. But... think through it. Do you really think I'm the kind of person... who would kill our kid? Have you forgotten how we were before you left the house? How much should I assure you? So that you will believe me that I am here for you and I love you the most?"

Diya thought to herself. Loved me? He is again lying to me. Why is his eyes getting wet? What is he doing to me? How can he lie to me?  He only loved her. But my heart fluttered when I heard that word from his mouth.

Finally, she spat out, “I think I was stupid before. But now I am not. I have changed a lot in these two months. Don’t expect me to be like a fool. One more thing... I don’t love you.”

Nishanth’s heart broke when he heard her saying that. He continued, "But I love you, Diya. I wish to do anything for you. You are you... Diya. You won’t change. It’s your character.”

Diya smirked and said, “No, life teaches us a lesson. You have taught me a good lesson, Mr. Nishanth. You like to punish me... Right? Then now I will punish you. Your bloody rules... I followed everything... right? If I didn’t follow it... you would punish me. That was our initial life when I married you.”

Nishanth nodded yes and replied, “You punish me. However, you want. But don’t leave me again. I feel like being in hell without you.”

Diya was mulled up. Why is he acting too soft? If it was before... he would be enraged by all my words. Oh!!! He is acting for the sake of the child. He has no right to be angry with me after all that.

She finally spoke, "Don’t sleep with me in bed without my permission. Go sit on that couch till 10. After I get up, you can sleep.” Diya then lay on the bed.

Nishanth started doing his work with his laptop. Diya closed her eyes. In a few minutes, she felt like Nishanth was watching her. She opened her eyes and saw that he was looking at her. Not actually at her face but her hip.”

Diya got up and adjusted her saree on her waist. She yelled as she walked towards him, "Mr. Nishanth, what’s happening between us. You are having filthy thoughts... Your eyes…”

Nishanth saw her. She was one step away from him. He placed his laptop down and got up too close to her.

Diya saw his smile. Nishanth's eyes moved from her eyes... to her lips and back to her eyes. She could watch him eye to eye as she felt that he should hold her and kiss her. She scolded her thoughts and turned away from him. She took a step away from him but still faced him. When she moved to a safe distance... from him, she turned towards the bed.

Nishanth hugged her from behind, placing his hand on her belly. Diya could feel her body betraying her.

Nishanth started to plant wet kisses on her shoulder. Diya closed her eyes and bit her lips.