GUILT AND HATRED

Diya felt if she doesn’t react now, she may lose her virtue. So she spanked him heavily on his face thinking he would come to his knowledge and change his mind.

But Nishanth was infuriated by her. He reacted the opposite way. He shoved her to bed and started removing his white shirt.

On the other side, she was panic-stricken and hollered to him, who was walking to bed stroking his face where she hit him, "D, don’t... come near me.”

Diya strumbled. "N... no... you aren't in your right m... mind. Just th... think before you... do something that... that you will regret later. And, don't think I'll forgive you for it. Please... Nish... anth."

Nishanth didn’t hold and was now on top of her. Diya begged him with tears in her eyes. But he proceeded by kissing on her lips and further on, which was too harsh.

Diya was broken into pieces. She couldn't gather herself where it was a wreck for her. She never thought that he could stoop too low. She trusted him despite all his actions.

Somewhere she had faith in him about his behavior towards her. She thought it was only his playfulness and hurt for ending this marriage. But all those trusts vanished into thin air.

Diya felt a cluster of pain both in her heart and in her body. She cursed him the whole time. Nishanth left the room when his anger subsided after spending his night together with her.

Nishanth reached the terrace. He stood under the bright moon. He glided across the wall and sat looking at the floor.

The rain started to pour heavily. He placed his forearms on his knee and head hung low in shame. As the rain continuously poured from the sky, his tears slid from his eyes. 

Nishanth murmured, looking at the bright moon. "I am crying. I should. It serves me right. Am I a beast? How could I behave like this to her? Did you ever felt as I was not a human? She will never believe me. You will be ashamed of me, right? I was never like his before. I hate myself. Please, don't hate me. I'm sorry".

In the morning, Sunlight shone on Diya’s face. She got up from the bed. Her whole body hurt a lot. She felt disgusted when she thought of what happened last night.

Hatred filled in her eyes towards him. She started crying. She got up from bed and felt her leg go numb. She went to the washroom and took a bath. Curling herself, she slept in the bed crying all the time. Her eyes were red, swollen and she was like a broken doll.

Diya was mulled up.  I thought he won't touch me without my permission. I am mad. Why did I believe him? Just remember, don't ever come and face me. I never want... want to see your face.

The pillow was drenched because of her endless crying. Diya's eyes glistened again where she was trembling with fear. She was angry with herself for believing him. All she did was just stare at the silence-filled room and the serene blue sky on the balcony.

By afternoon there was a knock on the door. Diya said in a low voice, "Come in”.

Rani entered with dishes and placed them before her. She said, "Sir told me not to disturb you. So I didn’t come in the morning. Now, do you feel good, mam? How is your leg?”

Diya replied saying, “Hmmm, I am not feeling hungry. Leave me alone. Please, Rani aunty. Don't enter this room until I call you. Don't send anyone.”

Rani didn’t dare to disturb her. So, she placed the dishes on the study table and moved towards the door. Before closing it, she looked at the figure on the bed, which never faced her once while talking.

Diya muttered. Why? Why is it only me? How can you do this to me? What are you doing to me? Am I destined to face all these things? Why Nishanth? I didn't know you could do this to me!! I never want to see you. Never... Just don't come back. Who am I to say this? It's your home... Your mom... Everything here is yours. I was separated from my family. I made them stay away from me. How will I go to them? Everything is because of them!!!