AARADHANA

To avoid confusion while reading... The italics are Diya's thoughts... And the italic words which are bolded are from the Diary of Aaradhana...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am Aaradhana...

Diya caressed the name and smiled as she was curious about the book. She whispered the name.

But before turning the next page, she hurriedly closed the book and said, "I have become an idiot... How could I do this? Isn't it a person's personal book? This is not good..."

Diya was talking to herself. As she continued to murmur, there was a knock on the door.

She was startled, as she didn't expect it at this time. She kept her hand on her abdomen, where the book fell from her hand.

Rani entered and stood next to her. Rani looked at Diya and asked, "What are you doing in Parvathi maa's room, Diya?"

Diya replied, "Ayooo... You just... scared me. I came searching for you. I thought you were cleaning the room."

Rani smiled and said, "I came to clean. But when I saw you in the room, I thought to knock before entering. And if someone is scared... they would place their hand on the chest and not on their abdomen. Stop kidding me... about you being scared of me."

Diya looked at the hand on her abdomen and smiled. She looked up at Rani and thought that she should tell her.

Diya pondered. But let me tell this to Nishanth and then to our parents first. I don't want anyone else to know about this before them. The life inside me would get immense love from my whole family... because this baby is the first grandchild in the family. And... about my baby's uncles and aunts... I'm damn sure that they are going to spoil the baby to the fullest.

Rani cleared her throat to make Diya come back to her sense. Rani asked, "May I know... why Diya is zoned out and smiling too much today... Though her husband isn't here..."

"Haan... It's nothing. I just thought of something. Ok... So since you know I'm allergic to dust, you come after some while to clean this room. I want to stay here for sometime..."

Rani nodded and left the room. Diya mulled up if she should open the book and read. Or should she leave it and go? But at last... her curiosity won.

Diya thought to herself. Whose book is this? Aaradhana... I haven't heard the such name. Who could it be? But if it is someone from this home... I should have known. But then... It is in my home. I am sure that It's not mom's diary... Ok, let me find it... If I read it... Then I will know...

With confusion, Diya turned the page and continued to read.

I started to write this book just today. I have many reasons to write this personal journal. But those reasons are not going to be written. About me... I'm a single daughter... I should say that I'm the luckiest girl... who got such parents. They used to tell me that I was their lucky charm. But the truth isn't that. It is just because of them... that I'm still living my life peacefully. If not them... I don't know where I would have been. I spent my 23 years of life in Bangalore. And now I am on a train to Chennai with my mom and dad to settle there. I like reading novels and the happy ending in them. I wanted to be a pediatrician. But that couldn't happen as my health doesn't support me... I'm a complete introvert who can spend months and years without communicating with anyone... of course... except for my parents...

I wrote my wishes on paper and crushed them. Because... my last wishes... can't be fulfilled in my lifetime. The train started if any interesting takes place, I may continue to write. Till that rest... my sweetie diary. I'll read a novel in which, I have only the last few pages left.