LOVE AND CONFUSION

Dedicated to mya1rey

************

Ramachandran saw Nishanth, who was with a tautened look. Ramachandran got up from bed and questioned, "Nishanth... why do you look too tensed?"

Diya stifled her laughter and looked at Nishanth and her father innocently. Ramachandran raised his eyebrows and asked her what had happened.

Nishanth stared at Diya by straightening his coat and said, "Nothing, uncle."

Ramachandran questioned, "Did you have your dinner, son?"

"Yes, uncle. I had," Nishanth uttered. He looked at Diya, who had her head down.

Diya lifted her head up and said, "Nooo... no, dad. He is lying. Look at him... he is still in his suit. How will he have without freshening up? He wouldn't have eaten outside as he is early to home..."

Diya continued, "Maa... I will inform Parvathi maa that he is here. He wouldn't have informed."

Sita smiled as she saw her daughter, who understood her family. She knew it was not a path of roses for her daughter.

But Diya tackled everything and started accepting her family. She began to love them with her whole heart as her own.

Sita called Ramachandran out and said, "Let them take a rest. Come, let's go." With that Diya's parents left her alone with Nishanth.

Nishanth walked inside her room and slammed the door heavily. Diya knew he was angry. But she blurted out, "Why are you here? I came here to study. You will not leave me alone to study. T... Tell me... now!!!"

Nishanth questioned back, "Don't you know the reason? Don't stutter, now. Do I look like a ghost to you?"

Diya placed her hands on her mouth and said, "I am sorry, I didn't know you were jealous up to this extent."

Nishanth questioned, "So you did it wanted... Are you apologizing or saying that I am too jealous?"

Nishanth yelled, "Diya, do you even know about... what to joke? See, I'm standing here like an uninvited guest because of your lie."

Diya reasoned, "I just wanted to con you. Seriously, I didn't know you'll come straight away here. I was just playing with you, Nishanth."

Diya got up from bed and said, "Alright, don't worry. You're my husband. You have all rights to stay in my parent's house. My mom and dad will be overjoyed because you are here. It's our home. And, don't you dare to separate our family.."

Nishanth moved to her and said, "Alright, leave that. What did you say on the phone? Haan?"

Diya stammered and said, "I don't remember. I forget things easily nowadays. I don't know the reason."

Nishanth was too close to her and said, "I will make you remember what you forgot." He smirked and walked near her.

Diya ran around her cot, where Nishanth ran to catch her. They had a good time. Diya sat on the bed with Nishanth's head on his lap.

Diya massaged his scalp and enquired by placing her hands on his chin, "Nishanth, you didn't eat, right?"

Nishanth placed her hands again in his head and hummed to her. She smiled and again massaged his head. She kept on moving her hands on his scalp.

As Diya continued to massage, she felt a few drops of water in her trouser. She wanted to tease Nishanth. So she asked, "Nishanth, are you drooling in sleep?"

Nishanth didn't utter a word. So, Diya started to get worried. She placed her palm on his eyes to find his eyes wet. She wiped his eyes.

Diya asked him, with an astonished face, "Nishanth, are you crying?"