WE ARE EXPECTING

I know... Some of you ignore the authors note at the end... So just wanted to tell you guys that we are sorry for not updating for a month....

                        ***************

It was a splendid week in the Maldives. On the last day... of Maldives, Diya was repacking and checking their belongings to move from the place. Nishanth entered the room after completing the formalities to check out of the resort.

As he entered the room, he saw Diya seated in the swing and lost in thoughts. Nishanth stood in front of Diya. But she didn’t recognize him and was still lost in thoughts.

Nishanth waved his hands in front of her eyes. Diya regained her senses and looked at him.

Nishanth raised his eyebrows. She nodded her head negatively and smiled at him. Nishanth enquired, “Where are you lost, Diya?”

Diya dragged him down and made him sit on the swing with her. Nishanth hugged her from the back and said, “I don’t know what my wife is thinking. But I guess she is using that useless brain for something that isn’t needed."

Diya whined, “Nishanth…”

Nishanth enunciated, “Stop whining and tell me what you are thinking?”

Diya asserted, “I’m a little nervous. I don’t know what is gonna happen. I feel confused. I don’t want to leave the place as we are spending our lovely time here. But I also want to leave… because I miss papa… and both my moms.”

Nishanth tilted her head to him and said, “Look at me and speak.”

“I feel like something is going to happen… But I don’t know if it is going to be a positive one or a negative one. I am happy now… But I know that we are not going to be without any misunderstanding. What if you don’t understand me? In the early stage of our marriage, I didn’t rely on... Or be dependent on you much. But now… even If u stare at me, it will affect me… Something is disturbing me… What do you think about my instinct?” Diya questioned him.

Nishanth observed her. He held his face in his palm and said, “Listen, Diya. Whatever may happen… I would want to tell you one thing. Just remember that… we have to speak to know what both of us are thinking. This is the only way where we can avoid any negativity or conflicts between us.”

Diya nodded and hugged Nishanth. Nishanth reciprocated her hug and kissed her forehead. Diya smiled serenely.

Nishanth said, “Ok. Now don’t overthink and get ready. We have to reach the airport on time.”

Nishanth and Diya reached Chennai and went to their mansion. Parvathi was at home.

Diya entered the mansion. She hugged Parvathi and sat on the sofa with her.

Nishanth entered the living room and dragged the bags... which were bought from the Maldives.

Nishanth saw Diya lying on Parvathi’s lap and talking to her. She was talking about their trip to Parvathi.

As Parvathi saw Nishanth staring at them, she laughed at him by looking at the count of bags he had beside him.

Parvathi asked him, “What is this, Nishanth? Do you have any plans for starting a small shop? Look at the variety of things you have...” She laughed at him.

He looked back at Diya and replied to Parvathi, “It was your daughter who wanted to gift everyone… literally everyone from our parents to our helpers in the home. I didn’t know she had so much until she came out from the room in the Maldives to depart.”

“C’mon, Nishanth… It isn’t like every time we go out for a trip. So I thought to buy gifts for everyone.” She reasoned. 

Nishanth stated, “It is not bad that you think to gift. But you should carry some things by yourself.” Diya giggled and rummaged through the bags.