SMILE AT A STRANGER

WORLD IS ROUND. THE PEOPLE WE DON'T KNOW WE CALL THEM STRANGER. AFTER MEETING THEM TWO TO THREE TIMES. THEY BECOME OUR FRIENDS. A STRANGER WOULD BE A LIFE SAVIOUR TOO .....

Diya thought back about a day almost a year ago, which she couldn’t forget until now. It was a Friday morning.

Diya's mom asked her to visit the nearby temple because she had a terrible nightmare. Sita was disturbed as it was about her family.

Diya and her friends planned to visit the temple and then to go out. So, they started from Diya’s home. Unexpectedly, she saw a terrible accident. The truck hit a car. The car was crushed between the truck and the previous vehicle.

Diya and her friends stopped their vehicle at a certain distance with shocked faces.

The people in the car were struggling to breathe. Diya knew it was serious and went to help them. She went near the car.

Diya saw a woman, who was at an age, of twenty-six. She fainted outside the car with one leg inside the car, which was hurt badly. Diya could see the blood coming out from her nose and ears.

The woman looked like a bride with her outfit. She depicted an innocent, fragile doll. Bloodstains in her pure white saree portrayed her pain at that moment. Diya could feel her faintly breathing. 

Nisha looked inside the car and found a woman and a man, who was severely hurt. She doubted whether they are still alive. When Diya heard Nisha, " I don't think they are alive, Diya," she felt pity. 

Diya cleared her thoughts and urged her to call the ambulance. Nisha informed about the accident in the call and the members who were hurt.

Three ambulances reached the spot. As they checked the woman's pulse, the Doctor informed her that she is alive and needed to be treated, immediately. But the old lady and man inside the car were already dead. They took the woman inside the ambulance. Diya planned to enter into it. But her hand was caught by Nisha. 

Nisha spoke to Diya, “Do you think it's necessary? Come, let's go, Diya. You’ve already helped them by calling the ambulance. I guess you don’t want to ruin our day”. 

Diya voiced, “Nisha do you think helping someone is ruining your day. It is the last thing a person should do when someone needs help in this situation. I know that you are scared. But just let me help them. As of now, there is no one we could inform. I'll just make sure that someone comes to the hospital for her. Then we will leave."

Nisha knew helping others was Diya's behavior. But she couldn't see Magadhi, who was trembling seeing the accident from far away. She knew Diya had forgotten about Magadhi's issues that she would faint when she sees blood.

So she pointed to Diya to have a look at Magadhi, who was shivering and sweating. Diya now recollected that Magadhi has vasovagal syncope. She can't withstand this situation.

Diya apologized to Nisha and with a pleading voice," Nisha please you take care of Magi . I will help that woman. See, she has no one around her. She must be scared when she wakes up".

Nisha nodded her head and left with Magadhi.

The woman who had her eyes closed, opened it with a struggle while hearing Diya’s words. She squinted her eyes and saw Diya. Diya helped the girl and entered the ambulance with her.

The woman stared at Diya while the ambulance was moving to the nearby hospital. Diya could see the tears from the lady’s right eye.

To make the person ease and steady, “Don’t worry Didi. You'll be fine” Diya assured her. But the person surely knew that her life in this world is going to end today as she touched her ear which was bleeding.