THE REMEMBRANCE

Dedicated to KrystalS2456

                       **************

Slowly one week passed with immense love occupying them. Diya was in the kitchen from morning to 10. It was three at noon.

The kitchen was completely messed up. There were many things burned, including the vessels. Many vessels were stocked that turned black. Diya also got some blisters.

Parvathi called out, “Diya, it’s already 3. You didn’t have anything from the morning. Come here and have this which I ordered from outside.”

Diya whined, “Maa, you're disturbing me. Wait for some time. I will try it. I think I will succeed in doing this dish this time.”

Parvati saw the maids where they were lined up out of the kitchen because of Diya's order. She shook her head.

Parvathi thought. Impossible... She’s saying the same line from the morning. Now, who did she talk to today? Or who encouraged her to cook? What will happen if Nishanth comes home? More than Nishanth... I feel sorry for the house helpers today... They have so much to clean after Nishanth takes Diya out of the kitchen.

Parvathi got up from the sofa and went to her room. She called Nishanth.

Nishanth picked up the call and questioned, "What happened, mom?"

Parvathi hesitated as she didn't want to disturb Nishanth in between his work. "Hmmm... Are you free now? Can we speak?"

Nishanth chuckled and asked, "Yes, mom. Tell me... Why are you making me curious? You won’t call me if it is not an urgent issue.”

Parvathi said, “Yes, Nishanth. Can you come home now?”

Nishanth questioned, “Why mom? Now you are making me worried...”

Parvathi said, “Nothing to be worried about. Not a big issue... But... When you come home, you will know. Come as soon as possible.”

Nishanth said, “Ok.”  He placed the phone and walked out of his room. He reached the ground floor, started the car, and reached the mansion.

Nishanth got down as he passed the key to the security. He saw Parvathi sitting on the swing in the garden. All the house helpers were with her.

When the maids saw Nishanth, they all left the place and were standing in a garden far away from them.

Nishanth was tensed as he thought about what happened to Parvathi and walked with high strides.

Parvathi saw him and gestured for him to sit next to her.

Nishanth questioned, "What happened, mom? Are you not feeling well?” She just shook her head by indicating she was alright.

Nishanth questioned, "Mom... Is Diya not feeling well? I told her yesterday... not to have ice cream. But she bought two ice creams and said one was for me and the other was for her. And... she had both. She still acts like ki..”

Parvathi interrupted him, "Your wife is fine. Stop blabbering now.  But she had not eaten anything from morning. She is in the kitchen preparing something for you. If you had planned to come by 8. You would haven't seen the kitchen. I think your wife is planning to burst it by saying she is cooking.”

Nishanth laughed loud and said, “Mom, I will take care of her. Don’t worry.”

Nishanth called out, “Rani.” and said, “After 10 minutes, all enter the mansion. Tide up the kitchen and prepare something for Diya to have.”