DON'T MAKE ME FALL FOR YOU

Diya got set, wearing a black patterned running skirt with a sleeveless mustard yellow top. It held five in the dusk when she was idling for him in their room.

She uttered out. "How did D fill his living ere I came into his life? Perhaps this bedroom was his study! When he was a teen or young adult? I'm pakka sure that he would have been a nerd in his school or university. So no one yearns to chat with him. If I had been him, I would have been dead leading a life like this. What does D do in the study room? I don’t observe him anywhere throughout the mansion except study. How can a soul think about only work?  Does he think anything else apart from his office and file?"

Someone tapped on the door, which was then free. Diya assumed it was Rani and asked her to come in. The door opened with the creaking sound. She found it was Nishanth.

He delivered while entering. “You. I will think about you. Uhhh, that is how to... hmm make, your work and to retaliate". He stuttered and entered the room.

He heard her whispering, “Haan Haan… As if I do all things you tell me”. He entered the washroom to freshen up.

Diya hit her forehead and resolved. Heyy girl. Did you shout to the extent that even one could hear outside the room? Or is he reading my mind? Idiot Diya. Just stop overthinking and grow up. He would never knock on the room when he comes inside. Now why this gentleman gesture?

Then she recognized the morning incident and her face turned red in embarrassment.

He expressed to himself, looking at the mirror in the washroom. Uhh, Nish. What is happening to you? How could you talk so bluntly? It is okay that you have tackled the situation. But don't do it again. You can’t let her know your feelings about her until you find out and solve the problem.

He came out of the washroom and got ready, “Shall we leave?”

He asked checking, himself in the mirror. Diya stood up and looked at herself in the mirror. Both looked at each other through the mirror where Diya was standing behind him. Their gazes locked for a moment.

Diya was frozen, looking at him through the mirror. She just stopped instance when she saw him adjusting his wristwatch.

Nishanth was perfect in his back t-shirt with tan chinos and white sneakers. He was decent as well as charming in that look.

Nishanth looked at their reflection and murmured, "Perfect."

He broke the trance and questioned, “If you are done... with checking out, we can leave. Your friends will be waiting for you. I don't want to be the reason for you to be late. If you want, I can give you time to stare at me".

Diya returned him smirking, “Don’t have high hopes, Mr! And by any chance, are you ill?”

Nishanth back shot, “Why do you care, Mrs?”

Diya answered, giggling. “You see, I can’t live in the same room with some psychopath who talks with themselves. Though I knew you were talking inside the washroom, I doubt with whom it was. And don’t worry, I didn’t hear it because I’m not interested and it was not clear”. She continued giggling.

Nishanth mocked, "Even I don't live with someone who can sing... Wait, I can't use the word sing too. You were literally shouting."

Diya continued to speak, "Hmm. D, don't you think someone can sing when they are alone. But do you think anyone can talk when there is no one with them? And they call him M E N T..."

Nishanth was awestruck and shouted, “Just get out and wait in the living room.”

"Is it a compulsion that I have to go out if you tell me? It is my room too, D. I will tell, maa. Just have that in mind." She stuck out her tongue.