CREATING MEMORIES

Diya got up as she heard her phone ringtone. She picked it up. Nisha’s name flashed on the screen. Nisha had already informed Diya that they were meeting in the evening. They are going to have a night walk.

Diya was about to interrupt and deny it. But Nisha stopped her, “Diya, please don’t argue. We need you.” Diya heard a beep sound. She stared at the phone for a few minutes.

Diya sat down on the balcony cocoon swing. She pondered. After what had happened yesterday… how can I go without informing, Nishanth? Now the most... important thing is… what had pushed Nishanth to this stage of anger and depression? … he losses his control and behaves like a beast.

Diya brought her knee to her chest and hugged herself tightly as she remembered the scene that happened yesterday night. Every word he spoke made her think and realize how much he cared for her. 

The other part of me wants to think about what he had lost or faced to push him into this deep hole that he tries hard to recover from it. I feel… now that he had hidden the biggest... secret from me in his life. Why didn’t I notice this before and ask him? I can’t ask Parvathi maa about this. He should tell me by himself. He needs someone to take care of him now… in this stage of life…

Diya planned to confront him later. But she thought to inform him now about the meet-up with the friends.

Diya called Nishanth. But Rishab picked up the mobile and said, “Ma’am... Nishanth sir is in the meeting.” So she ended the call. 

Diya couldn’t deny her friend's request as she knew the state that they were in for now.

She was contemplated. Now… what should I do? I can’t go against Nishanth… knowing that he does it with care for me… but I’ll never leave out my soul sisters in this situation. Why should my idiot husband behave like that whenever I reach home after meeting my friends? 

Diya's inner self taunted. It’s not about meeting your friends… it’s about the time and place that... you guys choose to meet up. 

Diya realized. Yeah… we’ve always planned for nighttime. But this time I surely need to go. They need me.

Diya decided to go with her friends. She got ready in the evening and met her friends.

Nishanth got a call from Charles when he was driving back to the mansion. He attended the call from Charles and said, “Which club today?”  Charles gave the details and ended the call.

Armaan was also in another private room in the same club where Charles was drinking. Armaan didn’t have any close friends except one. He was his only family. But now, he was somewhere...  that Armaan couldn’t reach.

Until he decides to live. At least he can’t meet him… until he has the responsibility to take... care of Derek. So he flipped his phone and finally found Nishanth's number. He dialed it. 

Nishanth was amused to see his call. He attended and questioned, “Hello… Mr. Armaan Devansh. Are you calling me to discuss any of our cooperation matters? I’m a bit busy now… with my friend.” 

Armaan Devansh slurred, “Can you accompany me today? Now… for an hour?”

Nishanth could recognize the state of Armaan, “Where?” Armaan Devansh voiced out the place. Nishanth started chuckling.

Armaan Devansh questioned, “What happened?” 

“I am coming there to see one of my friends. I am on the way. Can you go to his private room? I’ll be there sometime,” said Nishanth. Armaan Devansh agreed to it.