SOMEWHERE YOU CAN'T REACH

After a few minutes, Diya discerned someone spattering water. She brought up and glimpsed her Kayalvizhi ma’am. Kayalvizhi was her school educator. She was a person who Diya could go at that part of her life apart from her parents. Diya embraced her and shrieked out.

Kayalvizhi doubted, “What happened?”

Diya enunciated, "I want to leave this place... As soon as possible."

Diya even told her about her pregnancy. Kayalvizhi attempted to soothe her and send Diya back home. She insisted  Diya talk with her husband if she has any misunderstandings or quarrels.

Diya rejected it and declared, "I won’t go there. Ma'am... Sorry to say this. But If you are in haste... I understand. Please carry on with your work. But please don't ask me to return to that home. I don't think anyone can understand my current situation."

Kayal saw Diya's red eyes, swollen from crying, and weak appearance. She thought for a while.

Diya and Kayal heard a man's voice, "Ma'am, what are you thinking? You are already going to go to a remote place. You planned to stay with the old age people and teach children in the orphanage.”

Kayal spat out, “Vikram, Diya is married... More than that... she is pregnant now. She is coming with us without informing her parents and husband. We can’t take her out without letting her parents and husband know.”

Diya spoke, “Ma'am, I am not going to that home... I will move out from there... if he finds me where I am.”

Kayal sounded, “But... there won’t be any huge hospitals there. If there is any problem… what will you do? It is completely built with all the facilities… since it is remote. But you can’t spend your entire pregnancy time in that place. The place would be peaceful. But you are pregnant... So, you can't travel there... It is not safe.”

Vikram voiced out, “I will send a doctor every month. Come on, no need to worry.”

Kayal really didn’t know how to console Diya. She thought she would speak to her in that place and send her back in two days. She finally agreed. The three were finally in the car.

Diya was seated in the back seat, whereas Kayal and Vikram took seats in the front. Diya kept looking outside through the window. Tears were continuously flowing from Diya's eyes.

Diya's thoughts went back to the days... when she was in her home with her parents. She never had to think of anyone else… But only her parents and friends. Then… from the day... when Nishanth and Parvathi came to meet her to her marriage.

I know it would have never been a bed of roses. But from the day when Nishanth came to see me… and the current situation… I have suffered so much. As much as I suffered in the initial days of my marriage… he ensured that he didn’t make me go or think back to those days of suffering in the last few months. He took care of me. He seemed like he loved me… As I think of the past, I can see that neither Nishanth nor Parvathi Maa… discussed their past life or Nishanth about his father. Why didn’t I ask him about his father? That would have at least made him spill something about Aaradhana…

Aaradhana… who is she to decide that I should marry Nishanth? Why did she enter our lives? What made her think that I would be a person who should marry Nishanth? Why did everyone cheat on me?

Vikram noticed Diya crying in the back seat. He wanted to make her feel better and distracted. But he knew this was not something a person would get distracted easily. It's someone's life... It is her painful decision... that she decided to stay away from her parents and husband.

Vikram looked in the front and decided to put on some music to make her ease. He didn't know if it would work. But he thought to give it a try.

Diya wiped her eyes and noticed Vikram. He was riding the car. She questioned Kayal, “Why is Vikram with you, ma'am?”