Chapter 44

The woman with a model face and a slender ideal physique, was seated on the couch professionally in front of Mr. Jeon with an angry expression.

She has been waiting for about 2 hours for Jeon Jungkook to arrive for the meeting on that day. But unfortunately for her, it appears that the man did not even show up.

She was quite upset since she knew Jimin was to blame for Jungkook's absence.

Jungkook, a man known for being disciplined, serious, and strict about his career, has never been late for work. But, Jungkook started to change after the marriage, which disturbed Merina greatly.

I can't just shrug this off. That fuckin' Jimin.

Merina cleared her throat and rolled her eyes in irritation. "Don't you think that your son is slowly changing, Mr. Jeon?" She questioned, her voice dripping with bitchiness.

"Yes?" Mr. Jeon looked up from the cup he was holding and caught Merina's piercing gaze.

"Your son is now placing the company in the second row, while Jimin is in first. Don't you agree?"

"Ah." Mr. Jeon sighed softly. "Yeah, maybe."

"What exactly do you mean by maybe? He's actually changing to be the worst."

" Worst? I can't seem to catch your meaning. Jimin is his husband so there's nothing wrong about it."

"What are you saying?" Merina cut the old man off with a flat tone, and her expression shifted dramatically into an aggressive look.

"Sorry?"

"I warned you, didn't I? Don't ever bring up the husband thing in front of me. That really pissed me off."

"Oh, right." Mr. Jeon cleared his throat and shifted his position on the couch, quietly gazing at the woman in resentment. "I'm sorry."

If it hadn't been for the company and business, he would have had his hand over the woman's face. He was quite offended and annoyed by someone who did not know how to respect the elderly.

"What is the time now? It was almost 12 and Jeon was still nowhere to be seen."

"He must have something more important to do. Let's just wait a few more minutes. Please?"

Merina groaned irritably, "I'll wait an hour more. If he doesn't show up, I'll cancel the donation."

Mr. Jeon breathed out heavily, "Merina, don't be like that. I'm positive he'll be here shortly."

She simply sneered before rolling her eyes a second time. "Times moving." She pulled out her phone and quietly browsed her social media.

Meanwhile, Mr. Jeon was staring at the cup he had put on the table between him and Merina silently.

He was away from the actual world as he felt guilt towards his only son. Indeed, he was furious with Jungkook's offensive behavior that night, but he knew better he shouldn't have hit his son.

He realized that Jungkook was neither wrong nor right. He felt so much worse, getting a less pleasant sleep since he was staying up all night thinking about what he could do to make Jungkook forgive him.

He had been sighing for a while before he finally reached for the coffee cup and took a leisurely sip until his phone suddenly vibrated.

Merina was immediately drawn to the sound of the slight vibrations, and she quickly turned off her phone and focused her whole attention on Mr. Jeon's face, causing the old man to look at her strangely.