Chapter 41

5:35 AM

Jimin was standing silently at the front door of their bedroom. He was squirming on his feet and nervously biting his nails, unsure whether he should enter the room or wait for Jungkook to wake up. 

Though there was nothing wrong with his doing as it was also now his bedroom. But he had a peculiar feeling that Jungkook would be angry, and he was too scared to let that happen. He was so sensitive that he became concerned with Jungkook's reaction on him.

They need to go to their office at 10 in the morning. But Jimin was already awake. The headache kept him up most of the night. He shouldn't have cried since doing so made his headache became more severe and caused him to feel regrettable about it.

But what can he do? He can't keep his emotions under control right now. 

Jimin continued to bite his nails before shifting his gaze to the clock on the wall in the living room. 

"5:50?" he said in a whisper and sighed heavily.

     After 15 minutes went by, he remained standing there with a bothered look. He brushed his hair away a few times, letting out a heavy sigh before deciding to prepare breakfast first. 

Jungkook must eat before going to work!

8:15 AM

The bedroom door, which Jimin had hoped to open much sooner, has now opened wide. His body tensed up instinctively, without a second thought.

He was sitting on the couch, his legs wiggling like crazy, and his nose caught Jungkook's cologne lingering surrounding him.

He knew Jungkook had left the room. 

He mentally counted to ten so that he could get up and greet Jungkook. He was anxious till he needed to make a count where each number took 5 seconds to move to the next number. 

'1...2...3...4...5...6...7—'

"Hey, Bab—"

"8!" Jimin accidentally let the number slip out of his mouth as he was surprised by Jungkook's sudden approach. 

"8?"

"8? N-No! It's nothing!" Jimin grumbled on the inside, wondering why he had to stutter in front of his husband. 

Jungkook arched his eyebrows at him, "What made you spend last night sleeping in that room? Mind providing me a reason?" 

Fuck. Jimin's heart tightened when Jungkook spoke to him in the same shadowed frigid tone he used yesterday.

He thought that today would be better as Jungkook might have forgotten about the scene from yesterday, but he was clearly mistaken.

Jungkook still looked stressed, precisely as he remembered the expression that destroyed his heart yesterday. 

"I-I just... I figured you needed some space. So, I just went to bed by myself there." He managed to tell a lie. 

"Why did you have to lock the door?"

His stomach cramped and he felt anxious once again. He bit the inside of his lower lips before gently breaking his sight from Jungkook and lowering his head to face the floor.

He clenched his jaw, trying to keep back the tears that had started to conceal his vision.

Jungkook observed everything and just eyed him silently before slowly walking forward and squatting down in front of him. "I'm sorry."