Chapter 24

After the incident, Jungkook drove straight to their place and stormed away out of the car without bothering to wait for Jimin.

Jungkook was enraged; he was expecting his husband to explain and apologize, but the man did not even say a word. He was also upset by the words Jimin was using at him. He despised it so much and it was rather a sensitive issue since they agreed to call each other by only a lovely name.

It wasn't Jimin's fault either, the man was frustrated as well. But he wasn't upset with Jungkook; he felt enraged with the man he kicked earlier. He hates it so much to have to deal with very cocky and disrespectful people. He wanted to brush it off, but being himself, he obviously couldn't.

Jimin didn't even notice Jungkook's rage since he pretended nothing had happened. He also didn't react to the large luxury bungalow that Jungkook had gone to great lengths to rent specifically to surprise him. But, indeed, the reality was cruel towards Jungkook.

He was so disappointed that he waited for his husband to come back and freak out at the surprise he had been prepared, but Jimin had just walked passed by him, plopped himself on the couch, and promptly fell asleep.

It ruined Jungkook's mood to the worst level, and he quickly walked towards their room, which was also carefully prepared for the surprise (plenty of gifts on the bed), and slammed the door shut loudly, startling his husband. He took all of the gifts and stashed them somewhere in the hidden place.

Jimin had woken up from a deep sleep after the sun had finally set. He opened his eyes and groaningly stretched his body, the blanket that was covering him being pushed to the floor as his legs kicked it.

When he looked down at it, his brow furrowed immediately. He observed everything around him and also noticed that he was wearing a comfortable black shirt owned by Jungkook. He gave a tiny smile and quickly rose from the couch to find his husband.

"Babe?" he called out, his voice husky as he walked up the stairs.

"Jungkookie?" He tried once again, but silence surrounded him.

But it wasn't until then that he was able to appreciate the beauty of the luxury bungalow in which they were staying in. He was taken aback by the chandelier that hung above his head, causing his eyes to widen in amazement.

He then moved over to the large door in the center of the room and slowly opened it; he stepped through the small gap in the door and immediately let out a slight gasp at the stunning night scenery in front of him.

He stepped out onto the balcony and grinned so big that he promptly took out his phone and snapped a photo of the night sky studded with stars that shone in his eyes.

"Wah, this is insanely beautiful," he exclaimed as he jumped on his feet, hand raised to his chest.

He lifted his phone again to take another picture, but he stopped as he heard someone close the door from the inside. He smirked gleefully as he made his way right to the inside.

"Kookie! Come on, let's-" He was preparing to pull his husband to look at the stars but he paused as he spotted Jungkook was dressed casually and clearly wanted to go out. His brow wrinkled in confusion.

"Where are you going?" he asked, only to be met with a frigid stare from the man.

"Grocery," Jungkook said bluntly and began walking down the stairs, leaving Jimin, who eventually snapped out and hurriedly locked the balcony's door behind him before chasing after his husband.

"Jungkookiee~" He calls out softly, softening Jungkook's steely heart in seconds.

Jungkook turned around and hummed, briefly lifting his eyebrows before taking one of his shoes and making his way out the front door, leaving his frowning little husband behind.