70

Milani pov

Keith came back over to get Kairo after he dropped the girls off to school.

"Is everything alright, he didn't hurt you, did he?" Keith asked me as we sat in the children's playroom with Kairo.

"Thank you I will like a supreme pizza and an grape juice." I said to Kairo as he played pretend as a server.

"Burger please." Keith said to Kairo.

"Yea I'm good, we were just not on the same page, we don't want the same things." I continued.

"Like what, he want more kids or something?" Keith asked.

"Yea, how'd you know?"

"Yal seemed on the at same page on everything else, that's the only thing I think you would disagree with or I was gonna say not wanting to get married again.Damn didn't you get your tubes tied or something?" Keith asked.

"No, just on birth control." I said.

"Yea that's unfortunate, he seems like a good guy."

"Yea, he text me this morning, saying he will just take that sacrifice." I said as I sighed.

"You text back?" Keith said as Kairo brought our play food.

"Thank you ." We said in unison.

"Annie ting elks" Kairo asked.

"No that'll be it , thanks."Keith said before Kairo climbed into his lap.

"I haven't text back. I'm in a pickle."

The doorbell rung and Keith and I got up. He got Kairo and got ready to go.

It was Victor, Keith walked out with Kairo,"Wassup." Keith said.

"How you doing?" Victor said. He walked in and I closed the door.

"So you moved on quickly."Victor said.

"No that's not the case. Keith came to pick up Kairo." I said .

"Oh... why didn't you answer my text?"

"I needed time to think about it."

"What is there to think about there's no conflict unless you're battling if you wanna stay with me or get back with your ex husband. I'm willing to take the sacrifice so what's the problem."

"The term sacrifice. I'm not too fond of it anymore. And the way you're saying it, is like you're doing me a favor. Taking a sacrifice can only lead you to becoming unhappy down the line. You're going to regret or become spiteful because of the sacrifices you've made. When you could be with someone who wants the same. Also it's just the way you're more concerned about children and not being married."

"Is it because of me and you not wanting different baby daddies, if your ex husband wanted another child you'll go with it?"Victor asked.

"Uh no, my ex husband knows I don't want anymore kids. Love my son so much and I'm grateful he's here, but I didn't even want to have him. I swore him to be the last."

"Ok, but I said I'm happy with you so if that means no more kids that's what it'll be."Victor clarified.

"Your only child is a girl. She gets married your last name is erased. Unless she says 'Hey I wanna keep my name, but that's two legacies separated by a hyphen. Or unless she goes lesbian and they decide to take her last name I don't know. All goes to show if your legacy is important to you, having more kids is something you should do." Said.

"Plus me knowing how you feel, in the back of my mind, I'm gonna always feel like you'll step out and have a baby on me." I added.

"I feel you're just trying to get rid of me."

"That too could be the case. It's a fight or flight response. I just foresee this circling back to us and I'm just trying to avoid the hurt before it happens. The way we ended things last night showed me it was that serious to you. Next thing I know, I stay and you go hiding my birth control." I said as he chuckled.

"I wouldn't do that . But I see where your heart is and understand your concerns. I still want and need you around. Don't drop me too soon."

"I won't."

"I know you bout to get back with your ex husband, I get it."he joked.

"Why can't I just be with myself?" I Said.

"I hear ya."

"You wanna eat and watch a movie?" I asked.

"Yea, I'd love to do that." He said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Was so serious about that dealbreaker didn't even try to come clap cheeks for valentines." I joked.

"I mean happy belated valentines."

"Nah boy."

We did end up chilling with each other and he gave me head. But that was all, he left before the kids got back home.