XXXIX

Milani pov

I was finally at full relief when I passed 20 weeks. I lost Kairo at 20 weeks so surpassing it was a relief. My baby was still thriving and being healthy. I was scared to build an attachment, so we didn't change the room back yet, find out the gender, nor thought of names. I feel Keith was kinda feeling the same as well.

Marli and I were home, while Keith was at a business meeting.

"Marli, you're too quiet." I said getting up , to check on her.

"Just cleaning Mommy." She said.

"You voluntarily cleaning? It must be a cold day in hell." I said walking to see what she was doing.

She was taking her toys from out the playroom and putting it in her room, now junking that up. I walked in on her trying to push the table out.

"What you doing Mars?"

"This will be Baby room, mommy, right?"

I took a deep breath and accepted that it was ok to move forward.
"Yea it will ."
I Started helping her clear the room. Afterwards, I just put the crib back together, but it was the only thing in that room. Marli went in her room and came back with her old cover and her teddy bear, "This will be for Baby." She climbed in the crib and hung the cover.

"You ready for Baby to come?" I asked.

"Yes, baby needs to hurry." I took a picture of Marli and sent it to Keith. Leaving a message saying, "Someone can't wait for baby to come. She took everything out the room to make space for baby."

After doing all that, I had to sit

Keith texted back," She very much is, we went to the store the other day and she wanted to buy clothes for baby. I'm guessing her room is junky as hell now"

"Yes🫠." I replied.

While Marli and I was on the sofa, we watched a tv show.

While dosing off, I got a FaceTime call. It was from Chris. It's been years since I've spoken to Chris, so I'd hope he called because he's now in a better place. So I answered.

"Oh hey, I didn't think you'll answer."

"Of course I would. How are you?" I said.

"I'm doing real well, I've been going through therapy. Therapy really got me to show my deep rooted trauma and everything. I'm now Focusing on my crafts and Ahmir. I even started boxing and stopped smoking and drinking completely."

"Oh that's really good. I'm so happy for you Chris. So happy, so happy . How's Ahmir?"

"He's good, he's actually right here." Chris said putting the camera on Ahmir.

"Hey." Ahmir waved.

"Chris he got so big oh my. Aww." I said when Chris got back in the camera.

"How's Mar Mar?"