XLVII

Keith Pov

- 2 years later-

This would be our first time seeing each other, since we separated. We've been separated for 9 months. Some traumas is just too deep of a cut, for a therapist to fix. Shit like that is rooted in you. Milani went to therapy, and tried and tried to handle things the way her therapist taught her but all that negative energy never left , it just balled up in her. What drew the line for us, was a huge argument that we had, that all started because of her suggesting I go to therapy as well. She suggested I go for, my "running away from problems and shutting down ", which was odd because I'm the one that always fixes our problems.

I love her deeply and am heartbroken we aren't together anymore, I love her too much to not be ok with this decision. It hurt to know how she felt one day when she had a break down.

"Keith I love you, but maybe this isn't good for us. It's not you at all, you never did wrong. You did completely amazing job being my love. It's just me. My hard time trusting men, really fucked me up. I'mma always feel like you doing something. Always gonna react in a way, that is too much. And I feel so .....stupid to know you have not did me wrong once and I still treat you like you do.I don't deserve you, I'm sorry."

With us separating, us going separate ways was bound to happen since I found a role in some movies that required me to move. She stayed with the girls at the house. While I stayed in Miami.

We met at the airport, I was visiting back home to be with them.

The girls came running to me to come hug me as I walked to them. Milani just followed behind, sadly looking in my eyes, with a soft smile. Once she got to me , I gave her a side hug and kissed the top of her head.

Milani pov

I hate things went the way it did. Honestly because I love Keith a lot. I just couldn't love him correctly. Stepping outside of the relationship, looking in,  It seemed as if he put his all in the relationship more than I did. We love each other dearly, we haven't divorced, just separated, with hopes of working back on us.
What was the line for me was, realizing words do hurt. We argued one night it was real bad, about me tripping over his old ex texting him saying it was good to see him. He didn't respond to it, and he said they ran into each other at the store. Plus he had the girls with him, so I happened to ask Marli what they was talking bout the next day, which wasn't really nothing.

But it was too late to go back since I went all off and not believing him. So I said some out of line shit, and he said,"Sometimes I be seeing why that nigga was beating on you." That was the most lowest thing he has EVER said to me. I haven't talked to him since. If it had nothing to do with the girls, nothing was said.

Keith and I start marriage counseling, tomorrow so that's the little progress we do have. But besides that we haven't been trying on anything.

Keith pov

"Daddy are you staying with us for good ?" Marli asked as we drove back to the house.

"No baby, I'm just here for a couple of weeks, until you're out of school for summer break and I'll take you and your sister back with me and yal will stay with me for the summer, how that sounds?" I said.

"Sounds great daddy!" She replied.

Once I made it into the house, it was super clean, as if no one lived there. That only indicated one thing, Milani was stressed. Whenever she's real stressed or in a real sad mood, she starts cleaning.

She went into her room and I spent time with the girls.

"Daddy stay here forever, don't leave again." Marli blurted while she played with her doll. Keiko  clung onto me slowly dozing off in my lap.