XXVI

Milani pov

"Milani it's just too soon to check." Zen said putting the pregnancy test down. I sat on the toilet quietly.

"I was able to find out if I was pregnant, with Marli, around this time." I said breaking the silence.

"You haven't even let your period be missed yet."

"It's supposed to come on tomorrow." I said.

"Keith's been nutting in you, when y'all fuck right?" Rashaad asked outside the bathroom in Zen's bed.

"Yea."

"So ok, you're gonna be pregnant then. Your issue wasn't getting pregnant." Rashaad said, bluntly. Zen gave a look of 'yea he's right'.

"Maybe my body is changing." I said.

"Milani stop stressing it, what's for you will be for you. We believe there's another Keith Jr in there. " Zen said.

"We'll Try the second test in 3 days. Ok?"

"Alright." I said. I cleaned myself and we left the bathroom. I was inna sad mood, so I stayed with Zen and Rashaad and they helped me get in a better mood before I went home.

I go home to Bob Marley- Could you be loved, blasting loudly. I walk into the kitchen, Marli is on the counter dancing, while Keith is doing a full performance, with a whisk as his microphone. They were in the midst of making brownies.

Keith saw me and grabbed me, he now had me dancing with him. I sung along with him, I just loved this feeling. At that moment all my worries were gone. I was enjoying my time with those I loved dearly. We literally found ourselves performing for Marli, all the old school songs that hit for us.

I danced around, holding Marli, as I sung Pretty brown eyes by Mint Condition, now holding the whisk, while Keith put the batter in a pan and put it in the oven.

Next thing you know, "Quit breaking my heaaarrrrtttt!" Keith took the whisk from me just to sing that part. Marli was just giggling at him. He kissed both our foreheads before he started straightening up the kitchen.

Still carrying my 4 year old, that was almost about my size, I took her to the sofa and sat down. I kissed all over her face as she giggled.

"How was kindergarten today?" I asked turning the volume down a little bit.

" Ryleigh And I friends with the new kid, he don't talk at all, we understand him."

"Alright, maybe we'll schedule a playdate. Did you learn anything?"

"No ma'am."

"Why didn't you Rae?"

"I alweady know it."

"What do you do in class when you already know something?"

"Color." She said.

"Rae does the teacher know, that you know this stuff?"

"I don't know mommy. I think "

"Keith, class isn't challenging her, she's going to kindergarten just to color. You'd think they'll try to move her up."

"I rather her be at the top of her class in her age group . Plus I don't think we should be in a rush to have her skipping grades. Definitely when majority of kindergarten is just play, eat, and sleep . Let her play with her friends and with her age group. Let's not just throw her in with the older kids as of yet. Let's worry bout skipping grades when it's necessary." Keith said.

I sighed and said "Alright."

"Pat on our backs, we did well teaching our daughter." Keith said.

"Smart cookie." I said kissing all over Mars.

We all watched a movie while we ate our brownies, then after, put Marli to bed.

After, sexing in the shower and getting ready for bed together, Keith and I laid in bed.

" I love you Milani." Keith said, everytime he says it my heart flutters like it was the first time hearing it.

" I love you too Keith." I said before kissing him.

"Babe, I picked up your birth control pills today. Since I know a refill was coming up." Keith said kissing my forehead.

"Thank you." I said. I've been tryna keep up the I'm still taking my pills act. But I don't think I should keep it an act. Maybe just give up having another kid. I'm ok with just Marli, Keith is ok. I'm grateful for what's in front of me.

Once the 3 days passed , I went over to Rashaad house and Zen came.

We all were in the bathroom,Rashaad sitting on the counter on his phone, Zen leaning against the counter, and me sitting on the toilet.

After taking the test, I handed it to Zen. She sat it down and we just sat there until Rashaad started beatboxing. "Tryna get answers from her pee, and she'll be finding it out from me. If she's pregnant we wanna know if it's a he or she, but it won't matter because we'd still love it equally. Please let her be pregnant so she can complete her family." Zen tried to rap.

Her and Rashaad high-fived as I just laughed.

Zen checked the test, and frowned.

"Your period still hasn't came on yet. This is probably false negative."Zen said.

I sighed and said, "it's ok."
Crying wouldn't help anything, I mentally prepared for this. So I was at ease. I'm glad I didn't tell Keith I was doing this, because this feeling is still a strong feeling. A hurtful feeling.

On my way home I just cried to my parents, before I straighten up to go in my house. I walked in on Marli watching a movie while Keith was massaging her feet.

"Come on over." Keith said. I went and laid on the other side of Keith on the sofa and with his other hand he started massaging my foot.