s3- Quit moving!

Zacznij od początku

"Beth..." John called after her.

"You don't know him!" Beth shot back.

"And what is it you know, Beth, that the rest of us don't? What did he do, Beth? What did he do? I can't help you, Beth, if you won't tell me what it is," John pressed.

Beth paused, her back turned to John, caught between the weight of her convictions and the unspoken truth she harbored about Jamie. She decided to reveal her weighted secret.

---

The tension hung thick in the air as John stormed into the house, his anger barely contained

The tension hung thick in the air as John stormed into the house, his anger barely contained. Jamie sat at the kitchen table,  "Oh, good. I need to talk to you about something. The Market Equities Group made an..."

John cut him off with a stern intensity. "Of all the promises I've made in my life, son. If I didn't love your mother so much... I'd break it. I swear to God I would break it," John interrupted, his voice carrying the weight of suppressed rage.

"Did something happen? I don't understand," Jamie questioned, perplexed by his father's sudden fury.

"What happens in thirty years, Jamie? When you and your brother and sister are too old to fight for this place and Spencer and Tate have to fight for it on their own?"

"What are you talking about?" Jamie sought clarification.

"Lee wouldn't marry, didn't want children. I doubt you will either. And your sister could barely have Penny. She almost lost everything because of you," John explained, the mention of Beth's struggles intensifying his frustration.

"Dad, wait. Wait!" Jamie pleaded, moving around the room, attempting to convey the complexity of the situation.

 Wait!" Jamie pleaded, moving around the room, attempting to convey the complexity of the situation

"Quit moving!" John's stern command silenced Jamie as he stumbled on his words, "I didn't..I... fuck. She came to me. She was scared. I was scared," Jamie confessed, his voice a mixture of regret and desperation.

"Why would you take that from her, Jamie? Who the fuck did you think you were to take that from her?" John's anger flared, the pain of the past resurfacing.