chapter 30

Edward pov

I was watching Edward cooking because he actually made me sit down.

He made coffee for us. Right now he was making the sides before he went and started the steaks on the grill.

God it smells so good in here. Wait is he baking something?

I snapped my head around to the kitchen to look. The oven light was on and there was a cake pan in the oven.

Hold on! I didn't know he could bake. I got up and went into the kitchen and I was going to open the oven door.

"Don't you even think about it punch!" My coffee cup fell to the ground and shattered and I screamed.

Edward hurried and pulled me against him and pulled me back.

"Breath baby! I didn't mean to scare you. Come on just relax for me." I closed my eyes and just let myself feel my husband.

Oh my God what is it that people just can't sneak up on me anymore and I started crying again.

"Hey, this is not your fault. This is a normal reaction from what Taylor did baby. We just have to be careful around you is all and I need to work with you one on one is all." He always seems to understand.

I turned around in his arms so I could give him a kiss and then I pulled away.

"Thank you!" I told him. "You're welcome!" He told me. "I didn't know you could bake homemade." I told him.

"I just watched from you and went from there." He shrugged his shoulders.

I smiled his favorite smile. He gave me a quick kiss.

"Go back and sit down so I can clean up the broken coffee cup and so you don't cut your beautiful feet of yours. I squeaked when he decided instead to scoop me up and carry me back out into the living room and set me down on the couch.

I giggled as he walked away. I looked at the clock. Wow it wasn't as late as I thought it was.

It's only 10:30 p.m. "How is that possible? I thought it was like early in the morning?" I heard Edward chuckled.

"Baby you really haven't been getting much sleep either. You been losing track of time a lot lately to I noticed." Edward said as he hands me a fresh cup of coffee.

"Wow! So much has been going on between not remembering anything, asshole. Oh I didn't tell you I was at the river once. When I didn't remember it and it was strange and I had my whiskey of course." I started explaining.

"It was the oddest thing too. It felt familiar to me." I told him.

"But that is not the weirdest and scariest part either." I looked up at him.

"What are you talking about baby?" Edward asked me.

"Taylor put a knife around my throat and I never froze up or nothing." Edward sat on the couch next to me.

"Go on!" He told me. "He asked what was wrong with me and I told him I don't remember anything. Then it was strange because he asked me another question to." I thought back to that moment and let it play out in my head and tell Edward everything like I was in a zone.

"I have no memory. I told him. So when I put your boy toy in front of you, you didn't know who he is? He asked me."

"Oh you don't know the half of it. I told him. He took the knife from my throat and I heard him walking."

"This plays so good in my plan. He can just watch what I do to you. I just turned and glared at him."

"Not happening! I told him. Then he put the gun under my chin. So why all the attention? I asked him."