Chapter 31

When Amato left, Mechabot and Amato unfused. "You alright?" Amato started, "You've been awfully quiet." he said.

Mechabot scoffed, "You know why." he answered, "The kid took a lot, he could've died this time." Mechabot didn't look directly at Amato, just continued to float and follow Amato to purchase something in the store.

"None of this would've happened if we were just a bit faster..." Mechabot stated.

"...I'm just glad we were able to get there before it's too late." Amato replied, "It would be worse if that was the case then." he added.

"Tsk, something's up with the Nomus." Mechabot said, "They weren't this powerful."

"They aren't. The quirks just balanced them well... Like the one with the "Starfish" quirk mixed with enhanced strength and durability." Amato replied, "They're being smart in what quirks they'll choose and put." he remarked.

Mechabot shuddered at the thought, "That's scary..." he commented.

Soon after, Mechabot and Amato finished their shopping and went back to the medical room only to find the boy now sitting up on the bed.

Admiral Amato runs excitedly, dropping the fruit basket on the bed, "Boboiboy!" he chirped happily and hugged his son, burying his son with his bear hug. "Dey! You worried me there!" Amato said, "How are you feeling? Anything hurt?" he asked, his hand rubbing circles on Boboiboy's back.

Amato retracts his hug and lets his son face him before continuing, "Is there anything you need? Hungry? Thirsty?" he asked with a bright smile on his face only to frown with a worried look in his eyes.

His own son had fear in his eyes as he looked at him.

"Wha– what's wrong?" Amato asked.

Reverse's breath hitched, "N... Nothing...sir..." the second word was like a whisper but Amato still heard it and in worry, he bent down to his level.

"Boboiboy? Is something wrong?" Amato asked, his eyebrows creased in worry, "Did something happen? Was the Nomu attack too much???" Amato asked, looking frantically over his son's body for any scratches or bruises that could've gone unnoticed if not checked thoroughly, worse is a stab/shot wound, "No, wait, that can't be it! You've faced far worse than that!" Amato said, "Are you sure, you're alright?" this time, Amato paused, kneeled in front of Boboiboy, "Does your leg still hurts? Do you need me to get a doctor? Anything?"

Reverse's brow raised in shock, 'Was this how Boboiboy's dad is?' Reverse thought, his heart squeezed tight, 'If I was perfect for my father back home.... Would he be like this too?'

Boboiboy's silence made Amato grow worried and just hug the poor boy in his arms, "I'm sorry, Boboiboy... I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to support you..." Amato whispered and that got Reverse thinking.

'Oh... It didn't matter if I was perfect or not...' Reverse's eyes swelled with tears, 'My fate was to be just that.' this time, Reverse sniffed and sobbed silently, hugging Amato back.

Mechabot stayed silent through it all, not wanting to interfere with the long awaited reunion.

But....

'Are my cogs working or am I tweaking cuz when did the kid have a chock full of white hair on the side????' Mechabot thought, Amato couldn't have seen or noticed it yet from all the worry and focused more on healing his son from the fight.

Looking at the duo, Mechabot shrugged, 'Ah, who cares.' Mechabot went in for the hug as well, 'Its reunion time, not suspecting time.' shrugging off the suspicions, Mechabot hugs the duo and smiled, "I miss ya, kid." he ruffled the boy's hair when he can, he could hear Boboiboy's quiet sobs.