Chapter 28

Still in day one of their interns for the students.

Inside the office, red feathers dancing around the air near the pro hero named Hawks. "Glad you guys could make it!" Hawks said, his usual cheerful exposition remains the same, "I'm quite honored to have you choose this agency, Fang!" Hawks said, coming closer to the two teens and wrapped his arms around the duo's neck. "And Tokoyami! Your quirk is similar to mine, huh? Hope we get along!" Hawks said.

'Similar?' The duo thought.

Fang glanced at the wings of Hawks then the head of Tokoyami, 'Ah... I get it. Birds of a feather flock together... maybe I should've said my quirk is summoning Shadow Eagle instead of Shadow Tendrils/Hands.' Fang wondered long before he sensed Hawks little glare at him, 'Erk!' he yelped in his mind, a cold sweat running down his spine. Hawks looked away and retracted his arms from the teens neck and walked ahead, now with a cheerful smile.

"Let's go for a patrol!" Hawks announced with Tokoyami replied in a mumble of, "Suddenly...?"

The trio went out of the office and walks through the quiet hallways.

Fang slightly looked down but his eyes still followed Hawks' figure, 'Hopefully he didn't see my reaction...' Fang thought. With Hawks leading the way and explaining some rough list of to-do's for today's patrol, Fang had a race of thoughts in his head, his hand reaching to his tinted visors, '...Because of the purple tint, my eyes could be barely seen...so I don't have to worry being discovered.' Fang thought, he may have a good poker face but that's only due to his visors hiding his expressible eyes. 'This guy... If I remembered correctly, he also wanted the others.' Fang recalled how everyone in their team had the invitation to be at Hawk's Agency. 'Suspicions? Or does he know something? Well, all in all, us being here is pretty weird enough....'

"So!" Hawks clapped, turning his heel to face the teens, "Fang, did you listen well?" Hawks asked, his eyes glinting at the boy. "Could you also summarize what I had just said?"

Having said that, Fang snapped out of his thoughts and saw they were already right outside of the building. 'Ack... We're already outside???' Fang thought.

Tokoyami looked back and forth at Hawks and to Fang, sensing a cold glare from Fang and a suspicious gaze from Hawks, Tokoyami let out a cartoonish sweat dropped on his forehead, 'Brr... sure is freezing here...' Tokoyami thought.

Hawks waited for the boy's answer, and Fang took this silence to think of an answer before answering, "Ah. Sorry, I'm new to this sort of thing... so..." Fang showed guilt to his words, avoiding contact as he goes.

Tokoyami hummed in understanding, "I see, don't fret, my friend. That is understandable considering this is our first time." Tokoyami said, attempting to ease Fang in this situation.

Hawks clapped his hands together, "Alright, alright! I get it! Sorry! It just looked like you were distracted by something so I got worried that there's something wrong." Hawks replied, "Well, in short, all we have to do right now is on a look-out for any crimes." he added, "It's less crowded here unlike Kyoto so it's a bit safer... maybe you guys might catch a thief if you're lucky enough!" Hawks said.

The teens gloomed when they heard that, 'I don't think we should be counting that luck...' the duo thought.

Hawks noticed their reactions and laughed, "I'm kidding! I'm kidding!" Hawks said, "Just try to keep up!" as he said that, he spread his wings and flown above the sky and left the two teens.

"..."

"Well... Let's start the... patrol?" Fang said, facing to a puzzled Tokoyami who nodded in answer. The two stared out to the sky for a brief moment before Fang to make a concluding remark of, "Will we... even learn from here???"