LVI. Sixth Year: The Truth Is Revealed

Start from the beginning

JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

They told Rita the truth and then they left. The entire way back to the Potters mansion, they were silent. James didn't try to talk to Regulus until they were back at home. It was night time now.

"Reg-," he started.

Regulus held up his hand. "Not right now, James," he snapped. "I just- I need time alone okay. I'll see you in the morning."

James wanted so badly to follow Regulus up the steps, but he didn't. "What happened?" Euphemia asked him.

"Barty was the one who went to Rita," James stated simply. He was definitely going to kill Barty for this if he got the chance.

"As in the ministers son?"

James nodded. "Him and Regulus were like brothers."

"And he went to Rita knowing exactly what would happen to Regulus," she finished for him.

James gave her another small nod. "I'm going to bed now."

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

When he got up into his bed, all his emotions from the last couple days confused him and he just sobbed. He didn't know how long he cried before there was a knock at his door. It had to be late now.

He wiped away his tears and took a deep breath before speaking. "You can come in."

The door opened the reveal Regulus. He was standing there looking ashamed and nervous. He looked like he had been crying too. "Can I- can I sleep in here?"

James nodded and Regulus climbed into bed next to him. There was an awkward tension between them that hadn't been there in a long time. James felt like they had just fought, but they hadn't even fought.

"Do you want to know the strangest thing that happened in the last couple days?" Regulus asked breaking the silence.

"What would that be?"

"My dad saved me. He stopped my mum. I would have been dead if it wasn't for him."

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know," Regulus replied quietly as he twirled around the sun ring on his finger. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know," James answered truthfully.

Regulus pulled him into a tight hug and James buried his face in the croon of Regulus's neck. They both just sat there and cried in each other's arms as they held onto each other. They were both hurt and terrified, but they still had each other. "I'm sorry," Regulus chocked out.

"For what?"

"For making your life such a fucking mess. You keep on getting hurt for just simply loving me."

"The mess is worth it if it means I get to be with you."

Regulus pulled away and frowned at him. "I hate when you say stuff like that."