Chapter 37- Underwater

Start from the beginning

No matter how scary the situation we were in, he was able to ease both my heart and mind with his delicate words. It was mesmerizing how this human could bring me that much tranquillity and comfort with only a few words. 

"Do you remember the day you saved little Lilian Harper?" he gazed at me.

His eyes dazzled like thousands of stars shimmering in the night. Just like the day we first met. Those big doe eyes held countless expressions that he couldn't let out by words.

I nodded with a small smile.

"How could I forget? It's the very first day we met. "

"It was the first day I fell in love with you Y/n," when he said my heart was flattered like it was the first day we kissed.

"When I looked into your eyes, I felt something very deep, from that day onwards, I was falling deeper and deeper..."

We both stared at the sky as a firework lit up the dark sky. The crew was sending signals to get assistance from whoever they could. By sending signals they were trying to make it easy for them to spot the Titanic in the middle of the Atlantic. 

Even though it was a tragic moment,  it felt utopian to me. With the fallen light on his face, Jungkook shone handsomely. His fallen messy black hair and big doe eyes, his ocean-like deep eyes made his face look gorgeous with the rays of glow plunging to him.

His smile filled my heart with adoration.   

"What did I ever do deserve you Jungkook?" I slowly leaned my head on his chest, gazing up at his orbs.

He didn't only save me physically,  he also helped me break free from the horrific mental prison I kept myself locked in. When I was lost in a maze without having the simplest idea of what would happen to my life next, this person lit up my path.

He filled me with love and hope.

He was the one who showed me what devotion is. Like the fireworks lit up the dark blue sky that day, just like the ocean reflected the colorful night sky, he painted my monotonous life. When I was drained of the toxicity of my family and the ruthless society I lived in, Jungkook was the one who had faith in me, he was the one who depicted what love is.

Jeon Jungkook is the most precious and the most romantic person a woman could get herself. And I was that lucky girl who crossed paths with him.

He let me stay the way I stood for a few minutes before he held me by my shoulders and tilted his head down. His lips tasted delicate more than any other day. My eyes closed with the feeling of his parted lips meeting mine.

"We have to go, no matter what happens we are going to survive this Y/n," I nodded with agreement as his keen voice spoke to me.

"Come on, we have to move. We'll approach the other end from under the deck and find a boat for us" his words made me feel relieved.

"Stick with me, don't let go of my hand do you understand Y/n?"

"I understand "

Seeing that Beom Hyeon was getting closer to where we were lying low, Jungkook quietly footed toward the passage along the deck, gesturing me to follow him. The metal gate was locked from the inside, preventing others except the first class from entering the upper decks. We unlocked it, making our way downstairs.

I suddenly flinched from the loud and deep cracking noise.

"She's going down fast" Jungkook paused climbing down and looked up at the front end of the ship which was already leaning toward the sea than previously it was.