Chapter 14

They walked across campus quietly, not touching, though Liam longed to reach out and take her hand in his own, to walk with her like she was his mate. She was his mate, he reminded himself. His mind raced as he debated what to do. He wanted to kiss her again. He wanted another taste of her. He longed to mate her, to claim her as his. She was his, as much as he was hers. He needed to reject her though. He kept having to remind himself it was necessary. For the pack.

He felt an ache in his chest. Was he really bringing her back to his dorm to make out with her and then reject her? He was almost as bad as Finn. But it was for the pack.

'Don't hurt Mate,' Kai said sadly.

'I have to,' Liam reminded him.

'Please,' Kai whimpered, his tail between his legs.

He opened the door for her to his building, then got on the elevator, putting a bit of distance between them. "Where do you stay?" He wasn't even sure why he'd asked her that. He really didn't need to know. It was better that he didn't. She was too much of a temptation.

"Not far from here," she replied, her blue gaze on him. He could see the desire in her eyes. His nostrils flared.

The elevator stopped, and Liam walked out. Finn shouldn't be home, or at least he hoped he wasn't. He still hadn't told Finn about Astrid. Finn's words floated back through his mind. "Have sex with her and reject her." He wondered if Finn would still feel that way when he finally met his own mate. He'd bet not.

Liam opened the door of his dorm, and let Astrid walk in before him. He stepped in himself, shutting the door, as Astrid suddenly turned, and was kissing him again before he was even aware of what was happening.

Tingles jumped between them, arousing him even more. He needed her so badly. Her arms were wrapped around his neck, her fingers sliding up into his hair, and running across his scalp. It felt so good. For the pack. Why was he still thinking that?

Liam picked her up, and she wrapped her legs around him, her arms still wrapped around his neck. Her lips were amazing, the tingles electric, and he was overly aware of every inch of her that was pressed against him. He needed to sit down, so he could explore her more. He had ahold of her rounded bottom, but he needed more. He kicked the door open to his bedroom and walked in, then sat down on his bed, Astrid in his lap. The bedroom was more private in case Finn came home.

She was still kissing him, her hands now tracing over his back. He gripped her waist, holding her close against him. He couldn't get enough of her. "Astrid," he whispered against her lips.

You have to reject her. He kissed her again. You have to mate Persephone. Thoughts of kissing Persephone like this made him ill. But Astrid..

Her lips were all over him, and she pulled up his shirt, running her hands over his bare skin, leaving tingles as she traced his abs. He'd never in his life been so turned on. He needed to touch her too. His hands slid up those long legs he loved looking at, and stroked her thighs before he slid them around to her bottom under her dress, only to find it bare. He groaned, realizing she was wearing a thong. Did she wear those every day in class? If he had known that, he would never have any idea what was going on in class, except that Astrid was mostly bare up under those dresses.

He slipped his fingers underneath the sides of the lace, stroking her hips as she moaned. He ran his tongue lightly down her neck, stopping to nip at her marking spot, which made her gasp. He felt his canines start to come out and he swallowed, forcing them back. His need to mark her was the worst it had ever been.

"Oh Liam," she moaned in his ear, before nipping him back, causing him to groan, as she rubbed against him. "I need you."

He was screwed. The moment she said those words, he knew he was screwed. All thoughts of rejecting her went out the window at that moment. He just knew that he needed her and she was the only thing that mattered to him. His need to mate her, to claim her as his. She was his; and no other man would ever touch her.

He reached up and slid down the strap of her dress, kissing her shoulder, and his gaze found her blue one again. "You're sure about this?"

She nodded and he knew there was no turning back. Once he'd had a taste of her, he'd never give her up. She'd be his for all eternity. Her eyes glowed as she looked up at him and he felt Kai looking back out at her.

Liam reached back and undid the zipper of her dress, and she slipped off his lap and let it fall, standing there bare for him, offering herself to him.

She wasn't wearing a bra, and Liam stared at her, drinking in every detail of her gorgeous body. Her breasts were just as perfect as he thought they were, and now he had a full view of those legs he obsessed over. He'd soon have them wrapped around him.

He was so screwed. He stood himself, and walked over to her. She looked up at him and he saw her desire for him in her eyes. That in itself was arousing. His hands moved down to her hips, as he kissed her again and slid her thong off. He let go of her and stepped back. "I want to look at you."

"Only if you strip for me. I want to look at you too," she responded, her breathing harsh, but her eyes daring him to defy her.

He smirked and pulled his shirt off. He felt her hands at his belt, helping to unbuckle it. He kicked his shoes off and pulled his pants and boxers down, before freeing himself from them and standing naked before her. He stepped back from her and let his gaze wander back over her body, slowly taking her in as she did the same. This was what he'd been missing this entire time. "Turn around."

She complied though she still looked over her shoulder at him. He let his gaze move lazily over her, committing every detail to memory.

"Liam," she whispered. "Please don't make me wait any more. I need you. I need you buried deep inside me."

It was the sexiest thing she'd said so far, and he knew she'd have him wrapped around her little finger. Whatever she wanted, he'd do anything for her.

He walked back over to her and pressed himself up against her back, his hands finding her breasts briefly before he turned her back around. "You're so beautiful, Astrid." He picked her up and laid her on his bed, before following her down, his lips finding hers again, the tingles now exploding between them as their bodies pressed against each other.

Liam didn't care anymore. Screw the pack. Screw his father. Screw Persephone. Screw all of it. He wanted, no needed his mate. His other half. The woman he was destined to be with. Astrid. She'd be the death of everything he was supposed to become and he would die happy, instead of miserable.

He'd listened to enough of Finn's over sharing to know how to please a woman, and he did his best with Astrid, her moans filling his ears as he made love to her exploring her body fully. She didn't know he was a virgin, and he wasn't about to tell her now.

Being inside her was like coming home, and Liam realized that Astrid was home for him. His mate that he barely even knew, but he knew exactly what she liked in bed now. She was his, and he would never give her up, and he was hers.

Afterwards, he lay staring at the ceiling, listening to her even breathing, and wondering what he was going to tell his father. But he was done. He was no longer going to allow Cassius Anderson to control his life.