Chapter 6

Astrid breathed a sigh of relief as the last student walked out of her classroom. She breathed in deeply through her nose, taking in the one scent that overwhelmed the others. Her mate.

She still couldn't believe it. Never in a million years had she expected to find her mate. She remembered Stella's words from a few days ago tellung her they'd find him soon. She'd figured a few years from now.

And then he was suddenly there, in her classroom. She'd been shocked when she'd walked in and caught his scent. Then their eyes met and Stella had confirmed it. She'd never expected to hear that word.

She'd looked through the list of Alphas coming through her class more than once, familiarizing herself with each of them so that she'd know their names. There were only six of them, and two were the Anderson twins. Twin Alphas. Every girl's dream. But Astrid wasn't interested in the brother. He was attractive, but there was no bond. Her wolf could care less about him, except that he was her mate's brother. Twin brother. She knew twins had their own bond.

She'd had to force herself to ignore him, which hadn't been easy, as he made up one sixth of the students in her class. She was still in shock. She'd been in shock as soon as she'd caught his scent, barely able to concentrate, while her eyes kept darting back to the man that was hers. He'd stared at her so intently though the entire class, and her body had tingled in anticipation under his gaze.

And then he'd left without a word, walking by her as though he hadn't spent the last few hours undressing her with his eyes over and over again, making her more aware of him than she'd ever been of any one person in her entire life.

She'd thought about going after him, but she needed to know more before she approached him. And she had her ways.

Astrid grabbed her things and left the room, eager to get back home. She needed to think. She wanted to find out what she could about the Anderson twins and the Redwood Pack.

Thirty minutes later, she was sitting in front of her laptop, a warm cup of tea in her hands. She'd changed into a tank and sweats, and put her blond hair up into a messy bun.

She opened the file on her laptop that contained a list of all of the different packs, and who their liaison was. Her own pack kept an eye on them all, keeping peace throughout the werewolf community, and upholding the law.

Redwood was near the bottom and she frowned when she saw that her own father was the liaison. If she wanted answers, like why her own mate hadn't even spoken to her, she'd have to go through him. She sighed. So much for keeping this secret.

She picked up her cell and stared at it for a long moment, then called her father.

"Astrid?"

"Hi," she responded.

"Hi. How was your first day?" He asked politely.

Astrid snorted.

"What's going on? Does some Alpha need his arse kicked?" He growled.

"No. I um.. I found my mate," she said quietly.

There was no response and suddenly her father's mate, Talia spoke up. "Astrid, is everything okay?"

"Hey, yeah everything is fine. I just told him I found my mate," Astrid laughed. Had he dropped over in shock?

"That's wonderful! I think your father is in shock. Ragnar!" Talia said sharply.

Astrid giggled. Talia was so good for him. She wasn't Astrid's mother, but she and Ragnar had been mated for twenty-two years now, and Astrid adored Talia. She'd never tried to be a mother to Astrid, but she'd become more of a sister. Talia went out of her way to include Astrid in everything. She'd even been there both times when Talia had given birth.