Chapter 11

Liam rolled out of bed the next morning feeling slightly better, though he still felt like he'd been hit by a train. A train named Caroline.

He walked slowly out of his room and was surprised to see Finn actually sitting at the table, looking at his phone. Finn looked up and his eyes almost popped out of his head. "What happened to you?"

"I'm fine," Liam told him, tossing his bookbag down. He yawned. He had no idea how he was going to make it through Astrid's class without falling asleep. He could already see the disappointment on her face if he did, but he'd barely slept. He rubbed at the stubble on his face in annoyance.

"You're not fine. This could start a war," Finn walked over to his brother, concern on his face. "Are your ribs broken?"

"They were. They're mostly healed now."

"Was it Blake?" Finn looked annoyed. He didn't think Blake could do that much damage to Liam. His brother was much better trained than he was himself.

"No, I asked for it," Liam groaned.

"What did you do?" He couldn't imagine Liam picking a fight with anyone.

"No, I literally asked for it. I just didn't think I would get beat this bad," Liam muttered, glancing at the time.

"Did you join a fight club or something?" Finn asked, rubbing his jaw. He couldn't figure out who could have beaten Liam this badly. His brother was a beast when it came to sparring.

"Or something," Liam said. It still hurt to breath some.

'Ribs aren't fully healed yet,' Kai informed him in disgust. 'That was really stupid.'

'So you keep telling me,' Liam groaned.

"Are you going to tell me?" Finn asked him, grabbing Liam's bag.

"No." It would be rather embarrassing to admit that Caroline had beat the crap out of him, especially since Finn had no idea who she really was. Finn might figure it out, and then Caroline would beat him again. He didn't think he could handle another beating from her.

"Did you even fight back?" Finn asked as he opened the door of their dorm.

"Yeah." He hadn't at first. Caroline was so tiny, he'd been afraid of hurting her. But then he'd realized she could take it, and if he didn't do something, she'd probably just about kill him. He'd ended up spending the majority of the fight defending himself. He highly doubted he'd landed more than three or four punches. And those he had landed barely seemed to affect her.

He followed Finn out of their dorm. Caroline was leaving hers as well, and Finn nodded to her. "Liam got his ass kicked yesterday."

Caroline looked at him. "Oh no! Are you okay?"

He glared at her, and when Finn wasn't looking, she smirked at him. She followed them onto the elevator. He was aware of her gaze on him and he glanced back over at her. Sorry, she mouthed to him.

He shook his head. He wasn't upset with her, but it annoyed him that she didn't seem the least bit affected by their fight. He was sure she'd probably slept like a baby, while he'd struggled to breath comfortably.

When he had slept, his dreams had been plagued by Astrid and her disapproving gaze. Why couldn't he dream of her naked? His daydreams were much better than his dreams while he was sleeping.

They all got off the elevator and headed for class, Liam following behind Finn slowly. Caroline glanced back at him a few times, but he waved her on. He'd get there when he got there. At least he'd have Astrid's full attention on him when he wandered in late.