Chapter 42

It didn't take long to reach Lucy's home. Liam had linked Astrid and she stood out front, waiting for them. She got Liam's clothes out of Noelle's bag and followed him away from the Princess.

Liam shifted and immediately pulled Astrid into his arms. He lifted her up and buried his face in her neck. She wrapped her legs around him and rubbed his back as he stood there for several long moments. Finally, he sat her down and began to get dressed. He wrapped an arm around her and they headed back to the house.

Once inside, they sat down on the couch and Lucy brought him a sandwich. "Thank you."

She gave him a sad smile and nodded, then sat across from them.

"I finally spoke to my father an hour ago. I told him everything that's happened in the last few days. He is holding an emergency meeting with the pack leadership to discuss everything and then he will be flying here," Astrid told them. "He's going to text me as soon as they leave."

"Blake wasn't in class," Noelle said.

"Really." Astrid said, texting that to her father.

"And the teacher expected it," Liam said.

Astrid looked up and met his gaze, then looked back down to her phone. "Did he say anything about where Blake is?"

"Nope."

A phone rang causing everyone in the room to jump. Liam pulled it out of his pocket and his heart leaped. "It's Finn."

He jumped up and quickly connected the call. "Finn?"

"Hello Liam."

Liam felt his heart drop. "Persephone."

Astrid stood and took his hand.

"I'm sure you're wondering where your brother and his little human are," she purred.

"Not really. I know you have him," Liam growled.

"Aww Liam, how could you know that?" she pouted.

"Well, you are calling me from his phone, so there's that." Liam ran his hand through his hair in frustration. He wanted to reach through the phone and wrap his hands around her throat.

She laughed. "That's true."

"Where he's at, Persephone?"

"He's here with me, Liam," she said softly.

"And Emily?"

"She's here too. I wasn't going to bring her, but Finn marked her and that complicates things. Not sure how long she'll be around for," she said.

"Killing a human is a death sentence," Liam reminded her.

"Yeah well, only if the wrong people find out," she acquiesced.

"I'll make sure they do," Liam growled.

"You'll do nothing of the sort, Liam. Because if you do, I'll kill Finn," she said.

Liam looked at Astrid. She had her arms crossed and looked furious. She looked beautiful, he thought. "What do you want?"

"The same thing I've always wanted. You."

He scoffed. "And I'm already mated. You can't always get what you want."

"Oh, but I can. So here's what's going to happen. You're going to board the next flight to California and you're going to bring that little mate of yours with you. Once you land, we will pick you up and bring you back to Sierra Nevada."

"And if I don't?" Liam rubbed at his eyes in frustration.

"Then I'll kill Finn and Emily both. Simple as that."