Chapter 23

Finn smiled at Emily. She was tired, he could see it on her face. California was three hours behind Ohio and it was after midnight there. "You need to go to bed."

She stiffled another yawn. "I know. I don't want to end this call though. When will you come back to me?"

"Hopefully mid-afternoon." He wanted to get out of here as quickly as possible and back home to Emily. He missed her like crazy. The mate bond was really making this separation difficult.

"Is everything okay?" He could see her concern for him and it warmed his heart

"Yeah, just my dad being overly dramatic," Finn said. He'd told her he'd had to go home due to a family emergency. The whole thing has been annoying. He'd had plans to take Emily to Mohican State Park for the weekend, but that hadn't happened. Perhaps next weekend.

"Well I'm glad it was nothing major," Emily said in relief. She'd been worried since he'd told her he had to go home.

No just my brother being disowned by my father, kicked out of the pack and having his birthright stolen from him because he refused to comply with my father's ridiculous demands. "Me too."

"I should go. I'm barely able to keep my eyes open," Emily said quietly. "I'm liable to doze off on you."

"Okay Sweetie. I'll text you in the morning." He hated to hang up, but she was so tired.

"Okay. Good night Finn."

"Good night Em." I love you. Finn ended the call with a sigh. He couldn't wait to get back to her.

Meeting Emily had changed him for the better and he could completely understand why Liam had done what he'd done. He was just annoyed that his brother had the balls to do it before he himself had.

If you would have told him a year ago that one of the Anderson twins would walk away from everything, he would have picked himself as the one to do something so crazy. Not his level headed virgin of a brother. Liam was more likely to do his duty, while Finn just didn't care, or at least he projected that he didn't care. He did, he just hated his fate.

Pack came first. It had been pounded into his head since he was a child, but at the same time, he wasn't oblivious to how miserable his own parents were with each other. The pack would be happier if his father was happy. Cassius Anderson didn't know the meaning of the word happy. And he wanted the same for his sons.

Finn had been resigned to his fate, until he'd walked into that diner a few weeks ago and laid eyes on the woman that was meant to be his. Emily. She'd changed everything for him.

But coming home this time and watching what has happened between Liam and his father made Finn realize he needed to tell Emily sooner rather than later what he was. Finn didn't actually know of any werewolves that were mated to humans. He wished he did so he could ask questions. How long were they together before the human was told? He knew the longer he was with Emily, the more he fell for her. If she suddenly rejected him after they'd been together for months, it would crush him. He was already falling in love with her.

Human/Werewolf relationships were not common at all. He'd been pleasantly surprised to find out that Emily could feel the mate bond, though she didn't feel it on the same level he did. If she did, then they would have probably mated already. Instead he found himself patiently waiting for her to be ready. And Finn didn't even mind. She was his bright shinning sun in his dark mediocre life.

They'd had a few pretty intense make out sessions since the first night he'd walked her home, but he'd yet to do anything he really wanted to. He'd yet to show her how much pleasure he could give her. He didn't even care about his own, something that had completely shocked him, as before he'd always been searching for his own pleasure with each woman he'd bedded. He knew how to please a woman, but it had never been that important to him. He'd been selfish when it came to sex.