Chapter 45

Astrid walked between the two men as they took her to their prison. She wrinkled her nose at the stench when she walked in. She couldn't understand how men could leave a place so smelly. Especially werewolves. A woman wouldn't put up with it.

The men took her down the corridor, past multiple cells. She stared straight ahead, not looking left or right, but her nose was taking in scents, determining if anyone was in the cell, and if she recognized their scent. She needed to find Emily.

They finally stopped in front of a cell and one of the men opened the door. The other pushed her inside and followed her in.

He began to pat her down and took her phone. "Turn around," he growled at her.

She turned to him and watched him pull on a pair of gloves.

'Here comes the silver,' Stella muttered.

"Hold out your wrists." He pulled something out of a bag. "Welcome to your new life, girly. These will stay on your wrists for as long as Alpha Persephone allows you to live. Say goodbye to your wolf."

Astrid just looked at him.

He fitted the bracelets to her wrists and closed them into place, then looked at her. "You're a pretty one, and you didn't even scream. Bet I can make you scream."

"If you touch me, you won't like what happens," Astrid warned him.

He laughed. "What are you going to do? You're just a girl with a suppressed wolf. Practically human. I'm a warrior." He walked around her and wrapped his arm around her neck, jerking her back against him.

Astrid immediately yanked him over her head and on to the floor in front of her. She dropped down and wrapped her hands around his throat, staring at him.

He glared up at her, and reached up to grab her. Astrid grabbed his wrist and snapped it. He howled in pain. She backed off of him. He jumped up and headed towards her again, and Astrid sent her fist through his face, dropping him. He groaned.

The other man walked in and grabbed him, hauling him up. "She told you not to touch her. Besides, her mate would know, and Persephone wouldn't like that." He pulled the other man out and shut the cell.

Astrid watched him lock it and smiled. She could get out if she really wanted to, but for now, she'd wait. The most important thing was finding Finn and Emily before they made their move. They couldn't risk them being killed.

She reached out to her father via mind link. Dad?

No response. She wondered what time it was. He should be there soon. The last text she'd received, they'd been in Ohio picking up Noelle.

A surge of anger hit her again and she breathed deeply. She wanted to link Liam but wasn't sure if it was a good idea. She'd have to be patient, something she was normally very good at but now she wasn't quite sure how good she'd be.

She sat down on the cot and concentrated on his emotions and periodically linking her father.

***

The room Liam had been led to was actually very nice. It was dominated by a California king sized bed and decorated in shades of gray and yellow.

"This is going to be our bedroom; You, me and Finn. Brandon and I will have our own bedroom." Persephone walked over to the dresser and picked up a pair of gloves and pulled them on. She opened a wooden box and pulled something out of it then walked up to Liam. "Hold out your wrists."

Liam stared at her wearily for a moment, then did as she asked. She placed a silver bracelet on each of his wrists.

"You handle silver better than your brother does," she commented as she fastened them in place.