Chapter 24

Liam lay in bed later that night, Astrid asleep in his arms. The evening had gone much better than he'd thought it would, and he felt so much more relaxed than he had that morning. He was still tense and would be until everything was settled, but the biggest thing he'd been concerned about had happened, which was the confrontation with his father.

Astrid's pack, though, had welcomed him with open arms, not at all bothered by the fact that he was an Alpha rogue, which had been another concern of his.

The Alpha King and Luna Queen had been very welcoming and that in itself had relaxed him. Everyone seemed incredibly happy that Astrid had finally found her mate. At least he'd managed to make one pack happy today, he thought ruefully.

They had gone up after dinner to spend a bit of time with Astrid's father and his mate, Talia. He'd met her brother, Matthew, whom he'd found out she technically wasn't related to as Matthew was the son of Talia's first mate, something else he'd had to wrap his head around. Regal Eclipse Pack Members were the only wolves in existence to get second chance mates. He'd been a little relieved at that. Even if he'd rejected Astrid, she'd one day have another mate. Not that he needed to worry about that now.

Matthew was twenty-two and attending a human college, though he'd come home for the weekend as well.

Astrid also had two half-siblings, Logan and Aubrey, who both seemed to adore her. Logan was fourteen, and Aubrey was six. She'd barely left Astrid's side the entire time they'd been there. It was obvious she'd missed her big sister. Astrid spent plenty of time with her, and Liam could easily see how much she adored children. He hoped to give her many pups on down the road. He wouldn't mind having a big family with her.

Ragnar and Talia had also announced that they were expecting another pup too, which had shocked Astrid. She'd hugged them both happily, excited that there would be another addition to the family.

Liam loved watching her interact with all of them. He usually saw her serious side when she was teaching, or her passionate side when they were together. But today she'd been different. She was more relaxed away from school. She obviously adored her family and she was playful and joked with them. Of course, it hadn't helped that since he'd finally spoken to her, he'd pretty much been stressed about the confrontation that he knew was coming with his father.

They'd returned to her apartment where he'd finally gotten the chance to complete the mating bond with her. That had been the most explosive sex they'd had so far, and Liam had enjoyed every single second of it. He'd taken his time, exploring every inch of her skin, and allowing her to do the same. He loved listening to the sounds she made as he aroused her. He was very in tune with her body, and he couldn't get enough of her. He knew what she liked and what she loved, and he made the most of it, edging her over and over before he'd finally let her find release.

He also enjoyed laying back and letting Astrid explore him, running her fingers and mouth over his body. He was putty in her hands and she had him so aroused, he could barely think straight. The woman had an amazing mouth and he great enjoyment out of watching her.

The closeness they'd shared as he'd been buried deep inside her while he'd sunk his canines into her neck and she sunk hers in his, was something he would relive over and over in his mind. His bond with her had helped to fill some of the emptiness he'd experienced since he'd become a rogue. She was now stuck with him forever, for as long as they chose to live.

Liam knew he was probably going to join her pack, partially because he didn't know what else to do. He liked it here so far, and he missed being in a pack. There was a certain loneliness that came when you lost that connection, and Liam hated it. He felt a bit lost without it.