Chapter 34 side concubine

In the royal study, the emperor flipped through the memoir and spoke to the prince with a smile on his face. "the flood control project of the Luohe River has made rapid progress, the dikes in Jiangzhou have been completed, and the canal in that section of Jiangzhou has been dug to connect with the Luohe River. Civil-military cooperation is indeed a good idea, and it has been accelerated a lot. The Luohe project is a great contribution to both the people and the Xuanyuan Empire. "
"it was thanks to the blessing of my father that it was possible to progress so smoothly. In this way, Huzhou, Jiangzhou, Licheng and Los Angeles will be connected by canals in less than two years, and the convenience of waterway transportation and the prosperity of commerce and trade will bring great benefits to our country. " Xuanyuan Hancheng said that in this life, the army is involved in the project, and the speed of progress is much faster than that completed in the previous life. Xuanyuan Han Cheng's previous life witnessed the influence on the Xuanyuan Dynasty after the canals were connected.
"next year, I intend to ask you to patrol the Jiangzhou area on my behalf." The emperor said to the prince. "you are my favorite king, and I hope you can see more of the mountains and rivers of my Xuanyuan empire before you ascend the throne, so that you can better understand the feelings of the people."
"No. My son and minister will certainly live up to my father's expectations. " Xuanyuan Han Cheng knelt down and promised that he had always been very grateful for his father's teaching and cultivation, and that he would take good care of the rivers and mountains handed down to him by his father in this life.
The emperor and the prince talked about next year's draft. "in the draft in March next year, your mother means to marry two side concubines for you." If you have something you like in this draft, how many more can you choose? As a crown prince, you are almost well-conditioned now. it's time to increase the number of people in the backyard. There are too few people in your backyard to look like it. "
Xuanyuan Hancheng was silent. He looked up at his father and asked, "did the mother say a candidate?"
"the choice of the crown princess hasn't been decided yet. your mother said Wen Wenqian, the daughter of the Wen family, was good. What do you think? In the words of the side imperial concubine, Zhang Chunwei, the direct daughter of the minister of etiquette, and Yao Yulan, the direct daughter of the governor of Beiguang, are all good candidates. " The emperor said and asked the prince, "do you have a preferred candidate?"
Xuanyuan Hancheng thought for a moment and said, "the first daughter of the courtesy minister is a good candidate for the side imperial concubine. Zhang Shilang has great prestige among Chinese courtiers." While Yao Yulan's father and brother are already in a high position, the son and minister do not want to marry a woman with such a mother as a side imperial concubine. In addition, the minister did not want to marry the princess immediately. After all, it was announced that Xue had just died of illness and had exempted her from the imperial mausoleum. If you marry the Crown Princess again next year, it will seem a little cool and thin. The daughter of the Wen family heard that it was a good gift, and his younger brother was not young, so it was time to marry the right wife. "
The emperor listened to the prince's words and took a deep look at the prince. "is it really for this reason that you don't want to marry the crown princess?"
"the son and minister dare not deceive his father. They think that among the three candidates preferred by their mother and the girls in next year's draft, there is no woman who is qualified for the crown princess." Xuanyuan Han truthfully answers that no one can walk side by side with him except his treasure in this life.
The emperor sighed when he heard the prince's words. Obviously, the prince's answer was not satisfactory to him. "when it comes to next year's draft, let's make a decision. In short, you will have to take at least one more concubine in next year's draft. "
"No. Father. It's a long way to Jiangzhou next year, and my minister wants to take Lin Bianjun with him. " Xuanyuan Hancheng said to the emperor.
After thinking about it, the emperor nodded and agreed, and said with a special meaning, "it is not impossible to go with you, but I would like to remind you that as a king of storage, heirs are the most important!"
"Thank you for your father's grace. I understand that my son and minister will not let you down." Xuanyuan Hancheng said solemnly.
Xuanyuan Hancheng came out from the imperial study, and did not immediately go back to Pingle Court, but went directly to Yongshou Palace. After seeing his mother alone, Xuanyuan Hancheng and his mother said what he and his father said about the draft today.
"that Zhang Chunwei comes from a scholarly family, docile and beautiful, but she looks a little weak. I am a little worried about my children in the future. This official thinks that Yao Yulan is better, or you can take both of them. " The queen expressed her worries.
"the sons and ministers do not like Yao Yulan. At a young age, they are known as the most talented women in the capital. There is no shortage of talented women in the capital, and there is no shortage of talented women in the capital. But why does it just spread that such a girl is the most talented woman in the capital? it can be seen that she is a very ambitious woman. There are still family treasures around the son's courtyard. After what happened to Xu Xueying, the son's minister did not want to put such a woman in the courtyard behind the East Palace. " Xuanyuan Hancheng said categorically that he did not like Yao Yulan. "as for Zhang Chunwei's body, you don't have to worry about her mother. The money around the son's minister is so skillful that you can let Qian Taiyi take good care of her body. If you want to come to the draft in March next year, you should be fine. As for whether Wen Wenqian is a good one, it would be better to save it for her younger brother to be a real concubine. Wen Wenqian is a year older than her younger brother, and her calm temper is just right for her impatient younger brother. "
The queen also felt justified after listening to the prince's words. The queen was very gratified to see that her two direct brothers and brothers were respectful and that the prince could think of the second prince everywhere. The queen also felt good about the prince's proposal. And the prince mentioned Jiabao, and the queen thought about Jiabao's temper. "Let Qian Taiyi take a look at Miss Zhang first. As for the rest, there are still many good girls in next year's draft."
On the way back to Pingle Garden, Xuanyuan Han Cheng ordered Yuanfu to follow him. "ask Qian Chunrong to meet you in the study."
Qian Chunrong came to the inner study of his Royal Highness. over the past two years, he is now a confidant of his Royal Highness. "what can I do for you, your Royal Highness?"
"find a way to understand the real state of her body now, Zhang Chunwei, the first daughter of the courtesy waiter. I just need to know the exact news as soon as possible. " Xuanyuan Hancheng only remembers that Zhang Chunwei died of illness in the coming year, that is, eight years of Yuntai, but he doesn't remember the exact time. I wonder if she can make it to the draft.
"No." Qian Chunrong will check it out right away.
After inquiring in many ways, Qian Chunrong reported the results of his investigation to his Royal Highness: "Miss Zhang is in poor health, although the pulse case only shows that she is weak and needs to rest." But from the medicine prescribed by the doctor, a large amount of tiger and wolf medicine has been used to maintain it. I think the organs in Chunwei's body have begun to fail. "
"if you were to treat Zhang Chunwei, would she have any hope of recovery? If not, can you extend her life as long as possible and let her hold on until the end of the draft? " Xuanyuan Hancheng asked Qian Chunrong.
"I can't guarantee it. I need to go and ask for a pulse for Miss Zhang before I know it. But I will do everything I can to treat Miss Zhang. " Qian Chunrong said.
"go to the Zhang family as soon as possible." Xuanyuan Hancheng whispered something in Qian Chunrong's ear, and then asked him to retire.
The house of Zhang Tinghui, the minister of courtesy, was brightly lit, and Mrs. Zhang wiped away her tears and looked anxiously at her daughter, who was unconscious on the bed. Zhang Chunwei has caught a cold and fell ill since she came back from the palace.
Zhang Tinghui said angrily to his wife, "who told you to take Chunwei into the palace on your own?" Chun Wei, her body is like this, do you still take her out, or take her to the palace? There will be a draft next year, what if Chunwei gets into the eyes of the empress? Have you thought about the consequences? "
Mrs. Zhang stumbled and said, "I think it's always hard to evade when the queen is summoned." Obviously Chunwei's body is better these days, so I took her there. How could I have thought this would happen? "
"what did Dr. Wang say?" Zhang Tinghui asked his wife.
"Dr. Wang said, Chun Wei, I'm afraid she won't be able to make it through this winter, woo-woo." Mrs. Zhang cried even more bitterly. Mrs. Zhang gave birth to a total of three men and a woman, especially doting on her only daughter, but her daughter was weak from an early age and was constantly suffering from serious and minor illnesses, which really broke her heart.
Mrs. Zhang watched her daughter grow up day by day, reaching the age when she could be engaged. However, the daughter often invited a doctor to see a doctor these years. The capital circle all knew that the daughter of the Zhang family was weak and sick, and no one cared about Zhang Chunwei's marriage. Mrs. Zhang and Zhang Shilang thought of a way. Since last year, when their daughters were ill, they did not invite too many doctors to see them. The Zhang family claimed that Zhang Chunwei was much better. It is true that the Zhang family did not ask for a doctor in the capital, and they all thought that Miss Zhang's health had improved. As a matter of fact, the Zhang family secretly invited a doctor from the people, who is said to have made a comeback, to be treated. The doctor Wang had some ability. After taking the medicine prescribed by Dr. Wang, his daughter did get better.
So Mrs. Zhang began to worry about her daughter's marriage. In Mrs. Zhang's mind, she wanted to find a family for her daughter to marry as soon as possible. To explain that she knew her daughter's body, but also tried to hide it, and wanted to find someone to marry, Mrs. Zhang was also helpless. In the Xuanyuan Dynasty, unmarried women who died were not qualified to be buried in the ancestral graves of the Zhang family. And if you get married, you will have a husband, so that if your daughter goes, she will not end up as a ghost, and she will finally have a place to live.
At first, everything went well, and my daughter gradually got better under the treatment of a folk doctor. Everyone in the capital knows that Miss Zhang is much better, and she is old enough to say that she is dear, and matchmakers come to her door one after another. Mrs. Zhang was busy looking at each other, so she was summoned by the queen and didn't want her daughter to get cold when she came back from the palace. The doctor even said that her daughter would not survive the beginning of spring next year. Mrs. Zhang and Zhang Shilang both felt that it was too sudden to accept the reality.
What Mrs. Zhang and Zhang Shilang did not know was that the folk doctor they hired was actually mediocre, while Zhang Chunwei's body was already exhausted, and usually she was hung with a lot of tiger and wolf medicine, so a small wind chill caused her body to collapse quickly.
At this time, the servant of the government came to report, "my lord and madam, the money from the hospital is too much."
Zhang Shilang and Mrs. Zhang were surprised that they did not ask for a doctor. Zhang Shilang suddenly thought that there were only two doctors surnamed Qian in the Taiyuan Hospital. One was the head of the Taiyuan Hospital, and it was impossible for him to come in person. The other is the son of the head of Taiyuan Hospital. This little money is now a popular man around his Royal Highness the Crown Prince.
Qian Taiyi invited a pulse for Zhang Chunwei and found that her pulse was very messy. After reading the prescription she used before, she carefully considered and re-prescribed a new prescription. Mrs. Zhang ordered her servants to boil the medicine at once.
After a long secret conversation between Qian Chunrong and Zhang Shilang, Mrs. Zhang finally smiled, and the things she had been worried about for her daughter were resolved. No matter what the purpose of his Royal Highness is, the Zhang family is full of gratitude to his Royal Highness.
In Pingle Garden, Lin Jiabao looked through the account books carefully. Towards the end of the year, Mammy Qiu handed over all the accounts of Pingle Garden to Lin Bian Jun for inspection and check. Lin Jiabao looked at it very carefully. Over the past year, he has learned a lot of useful skills with Mammy Qiu, all of which have benefited him a lot.
Xuanyuan Han accompanies Lin Jiabao and does not interfere. Looking at Guobao and Mam Qiu talking about the palace affairs in Pingle Garden, saw that what Guobao said was clear and well handled. Xuanyuan Hancheng knew that the baby spent a lot of effort on this palace affairs, and he was gratified by the growth of the baby and was very distressed to him. He saw all the efforts Lin Jiabao had done for him. Why didn't such a treasure make him want to hold it in the palm of his hand?
In the evening, Xuanyuan Hancheng and Lin Jiabao were lying in bed. Xuanyuan Hancheng told Lin Jiabao about taking him on a tour of Jiangzhou next year.
"really? Can I come with you? " Lin Jiabao was very happy. he grew up in Linjia Village, then was sent to the palace and never went anywhere else. I am looking forward to this trip with the crown prince.
Xuanyuan Hancheng then talked about the draft in March next year. Without hesitation, he told Guobao about his arrangements for the draft, that Zhang Chunwei was going to die soon, and that he would accept her as a side concubine.
Lin Jiabao recalled that Miss Zhang, who had met him again, only remembered her slender figure and fairy face. "Miss Zhang, is she really incurable? Poor thing, she's so beautiful, like a fairy. "
"Qian has been asked to see a doctor, and he will try his best to treat her." Xuanyuan Han hugged Lin Jiabao, "good baby, don't be sad.". "
"so good baby should be healthy all the time." Xuanyuan Hancheng said, "from tomorrow, Xianggong will teach you a set of five-fowl opera. You should study hard and practice for a while every day, which is good for your health."
"No. I must study hard with my husband. " Lin Jiabao took the initiative to ring the waist of Xuanyuan Hancheng, "Xianggong should also be good, do not work too hard, Xianggong should always accompany Jiabao ...". "
Xuanyuan Han listened to the words of Guobao, and his heart was hot. Kiss the baby's mouth hard, the time for evening welfare has come.