Chapter 6 Royal Point Room

Early the next morning, Sister Lin got up. The West Glass Palace is far away from here, so she has to hurry.
"Sister Lin, you're so early today!" Jade Frost got up early and saluted when she saw Mammy Lin.
"Yes, a new man is assigned to the palace today, and I'm going to pick one up. My feet are slow, so it would be better to get there early. " Mammy Lin said that she received such a large sum of money yesterday that if something went wrong, she didn't know how to explain it to that person.
"Rookie, didn't you say you're not going to hire anyone this year?" Asked Jade Frost.
After thinking about it, Mammy Lin said to Yushu, "you saw it yesterday. Father-in-law Yuan Fu came to see me." In fact, he asked me to look after his distant relatives and wanted someone to come to us. Yuanfu is a popular man around his Royal Highness, and it's hard for me to refuse. You just need to know about it, and don't tell anyone else about it. You can take care of Mammy on weekdays. "
"I see, Mammy, I won't say anything." Yushuang also knew that Mammy Lin trusted her and replied. "Mammy, have you had breakfast yet?"
"it's too late. Wait till I get back. Yushang, please help me tidy up the single room next to my room and change the bedding and everything. This time it is a Gemini chambermaid, and it is not convenient to live with you. " Jade Frost and Yudi and Yuling live in the same room, although there is still a bed, but it is obviously not suitable to live together.
"No. Then, Mammy, go quickly. I'll clean it up. "
When Mammy Lin arrived at Xili Palace just after Chen, she dared not stop along the way.
"Mother Lin, what are you doing here?" Sister Xi came forward to hold her. She knew Sister Lin.
"I know that this is the person trained by your Mammy, and I'm going to pick someone back. I've been a little busy lately. What you have trained must be good. " Mammy Lin complimented Mammy Xi.
", who doesn't know you, Sister Lin? send someone to say it. I'll just send someone over. I don't need you to take a trip. " Knowing that Mammy Lin was from the Queen's Palace, she dared not offend and smiled hurriedly. "I haven't started the dispatch yet. Sister Lin, please choose first."
"how can I be ashamed of that, ?" Mammy Lin was also impolite and went to look at the three chambers behind Mammy.
Lin Jiabao is small and ranks in the first row. Those big watery eyes and a pair of dimples are easy to recognize.
Mammy Xi saw that Mammy Lin had been looking at the piece of Lin Jiabao. "Sister Lin is a good place to go, and she is blessed to be chosen."
Mammy Lin pointed to Lin Jiabao's row. "each of you, tell me your own name, how old it is."
"Anping, let's start with you." Said Sister Xi to the first one in the line.
Soon it was Lin Jiabao's turn, "slave Lin Anzhu, 12 years old." Lin Jiabao has now been renamed Lin Anzhu, and they are all an generation.
"his surname is also Lin. What a coincidence! Can you cook? " Sister Lin asked.
"go back to Mammy, I know a little." Lin Jiabao replied.
", that's it. I won't pick any more. ma ma has kept you for so long, so go ahead and arrange it. " Mammy Lin beckoned Lin Jiabao to come over.
"it's all right, don't delay. Would you like Sister Lin to pick another one?" Sister Xi said kindly.
"No, I have work to do. I'm going back. You're busy. Thank you. " Sister Lin waved her hand.
"take care, Sister Lin." Sister Xi registered where Lin Anzhu went and asked him to follow her.
The stay-at-home attendants watched them leave with envy.
When she left the Xili Palace, Mother Lin looked carefully at Lin Anzhu, who followed her. "Anzhu, what's your real name?" Where are you from? Where do you live? "
"back to Mammy, the lackey's real name is Lin Jiabao. He is from Peixian County. His home is in Linjia Village, which is not far from Peixian County." Lin Jiabao is called Lin Anzhu now, but he still likes the name given to him by his parents. But Sister Xi said it was Anzhu Yazhi.
"Jiabao, it's a good name. However, there are rules in the palace, and it can only be called Anzhu from now on. " Sister Lin checked the information to make sure there was no wrong person.
"Anzhu understands." Anzhu nodded cleverly.
"what a good boy! Don't be afraid, we are both surnamed Lin, and we are also predestined. What we are going to go to is the imperial point room in the Yongshou Palace, a place specially designed to make cakes for the empress, and we don't have much to do every day. There are three maids over there who work with you and are easy to get along with. "
"Mammy, I will study hard and work hard." Lin Jiabao leaned back his little face.
"well, good boy." Sister Lin touched his head.
Walking through the long palace path, Mammy Lin took Lin Jiabao to the kitchen of the imperial point room.
"Sister Lin, you're back." Yutaki went to the front and looked at Lin Jiabao behind Mammy.
"Mammy, is this the newcomer?" Yuling also asked curiously.
"Yes, this is our new palace servant Anzhu." Mammy Lin began to introduce to Lin Jiabao, "this is Jade Cream, Jade Taki, and Yuling."
"Hello, Sister Yushu, Sister Yudi, and Sister Yuling." Lin Jiabao said hello to them one by one.
", I'm not the youngest at last. Anzhu, how old are you? " Asked Yuling.
"12 years old." Lin Jiabao opened a pair of big eyes and looked at Yuling.
"12 years old, you are so small and cute! Ah, you still have dimples. " Yuling said and pinched the little face.
"well, stop bullying the newcomers and go to work. Jade frost, first take Anzhu to his room, put things down and settle down. " Sister Lin said to Jade Frost.
"No."
Jade Frost took Lin Jiabao out of the kitchen and came to the house in the back row. He took him to a single room. "this is your room from now on." Why don't you put your things away and see what else you need to tell me? "
Lin Jiabao looked at his room. It was not big, but it was clean. There is a cot and a wardrobe in the room. There is also a table and a chair near the window. There are beautiful patterns on these furniture, other things are also very complete, and the quilts are all new.
Lin Jiabao said happily: "the room is very good, there is no shortage."
"then put your things away and I'll show you the environment." Jade frost said, like the cleverness of Anzhu very much.
Familiar with the environment, Lin Jiabao and Mammy Lin had lunch together. The lunch here is very rich, one meat and three vegetarian, and the taste is also very good.
"We have a kitchen here, and we all go to the big kitchen to get the ingredients. Unlike some palaces, the dishes brought back are getting cold. " Yuling said proudly.
"Anzhu, eat more." Jade frost gave him some slices of meat and said to Anzhu.
"mm-hmm, thank you, sister Yushu." Lin Jiabao's cheeks were stuffed with bulging thanks.
Everyone laughed at his lovely appearance.
In the afternoon, Lin Jiabao entered the imperial point room. Wash your hands and watch Sister Lin make snacks.
Sister Lin let him watch first, but did not let him do it. Explain it to him while doing it.
Yutaki pulled Jade Frost to one side. "you see, Anzhu has only been here for a day and has outdone you."
Jade Taki was jealous of the teaching of Mammy Lin to make snacks, but there was no way. Jade Frost's talent for making snacks was better than her, and she was more convinced.
How did the Gemini, who just came on the first day, be liked by everyone? Mammy Lin also attached great importance to it, looking at how Anzhu's face looked so dazzling.
Jade Frost is aware of Jade Taki's competitive temper and ignores her provocations. Concentrate on doing your own thing.
Yutaki looked at Jade Frost and ignored her and snorted.
Mammy Lin is making milk cakes, while Yuling plays a hand. Lin Jiabao also watched attentively and carefully wrote down the steps of the production.
First separate the yolk and egg white of the egg, then pour in the sugar and beat it to a milky yellow state without granulated sugar. Then stir the milk in the egg yolk and set aside. Add salt to the egg white and beat it for a while, then add sugar twice until it foams. Add the egg white to the yolk twice, stir quickly and do not circle. Brush the petal-shaped model of the milk cake with butter and pat a circle of sugar. Pour the egg paste into the model until it is eight minutes full. stick the egg paste in the model with your thumb and draw a circle around the edge of the model. Steam in a steamer for a quarter of an hour.
"do you understand? it's not difficult. Just do it a few more times. This is one of the queen's favorite snacks, which she often makes. " Mammy Lin asked Anzhu.
"well, I wrote it all down." Lin Jiabao nodded.
The air in the kitchen was filled with the smell of milk cake, which was soon steamed.
Yuling took it out and put it on the table case to cool, and then carefully demoulded.
"be careful not to break it when you take off the mold. Something like this without a petal can't be presented to the front, it must be a complete and beautiful shape. " Yuling took a missing one to show him, "We can only eat those that are not good-looking like this, ." Let's do it here! " With that, he stuffed it into Anzhu's mouth.
"Don't listen to Yuling's nonsense. There is a quota for these ingredients. If it's much worse, it won't work. " Sister Lin corrected with a smile.
"it smells good, it's soft, it's delicious." Lin Jiabao immediately fell in love with this rich milk-scented snack. The eyes became a curved line.
Lin Jiabao thought that after he learned it, he could cook it for his family after he got out of the palace. They would certainly like it, too.
In this way, Lin Jiabao gradually adapted to life in the palace. He was very lucky to be in the imperial room. Mammy was very kind to him, and his sisters took good care of him.
Unwittingly, he has been in the palace for more than half a year, during which time he has learned several kinds of snacks.
Mam Lin often took him to the empress to give refreshments and received a silver reward on several occasions. Sometimes will encounter his Royal Highness and the second Prince. His Royal Highness loves dim sum, and he is very generous, and he will be rewarded every time. Lin Jiabao will save it and put it in the purse embroidered by his second elder sister. Now he still has one or two silver dollars a month. Lin Jiabao reckons that when he comes out of the palace, he will certainly be able to save a lot of money. When he goes back, he can build a big house for his family. The whole family lives together. It's very happy to think about it.
"Anzhu, it's packed. Let's go." Sister Lin asked.
Mammy Lin is very satisfied with Anzhu's clever performance over the past six months. After that person's suggestion, now she takes Anzhu with her every time she goes to deliver refreshments.
"all right, Mammy," Lin Jiabao brought up the food box.
"well, Yushang will come with me, and Yutaki and Yuling will stay."
Mammy Lin confessed and left with Jade Frost and Anzhu.
"Mammy is becoming more and more biased now, taking Anzhu to the empress every time." Yutaki said jealously. I heard that he could often meet his Royal Highness and the second Prince.
"I wish we had our share in the reward anyway!" Yuling thought indifferently that she could show her face when she went to the empress, but every time she was trembling, it would be nice not to go.
Yutaki looked at Yuling's futile appearance and didn't bother to talk to her.
In the main hall of Yongshou Palace, the queen is talking to her two sons. The queen looked at her two sons and her heart was filled with pride.
The eldest Prince Xuanyuan Han Chenggui is the crown prince, acting steadily and skillfully, and is often praised by the emperor for coming out of the blue. The second Prince Xuanyuan Hanqi has a brave and resolute character and is deeply loved by the emperor. Because of them, her position in the palace was too strong to shake.
The two brothers are also deeply in love with each other, and Xuanyuan Hanqi worships his elder brother unceasingly.
"I'm so tired today. I'm starving. The snacks in the mother's palace are really delicious. " Xuanyuan Hanqi was straightforward and ate a snack.
"look at your child, eat slowly. There are many more. I'll ask the imperial point room to go up a little more. " The queen looked at the second prince lovingly.
"second brother, don't be so reckless next time. General Li is a man who has been on the battlefield, and there is a big gap between you. You'd better first practice your basic skills and rashly try what to do if you get hurt. "
"hee hee, I just want to compete with him, but he will let me." Xuanyuan Hanqi doesn't care about the way.
"what's the point of releasing water like that? the enemy will let you fool around on the battlefield." The second emperor's brother is so grumpy that he thinks of his last life.
"I want to go to war, too. Let me go with you this time. I am 15 years old, and my brother has been there a long time ago at my age. "
Xuanyuan Han Qi Qiu Tao.
Xuanyuan Hancheng refused and said, "No! In the future, there will be a chance for you to do meritorious deeds. This time, you'd better stay in the palace and accompany your father and mother. The father said that you should go to court together from next month. You can also learn to help your father a little bit, so that you can open a house and get married next year. "
According to the spies in the border town, the barbarians are ready to move and are likely to go south. He is also preparing for the battle recently, and he is sure that he can destroy the barbarians, but this time he said he would not take his second brother with him. The death of Xuanyuan Hanqi in the previous life hit him and his parents too hard, and this time there must be no risk.
"your brother is right, that battlefield is not a good place. You are not young, too. Share some for your father. " The queen agreed with the prince's words.
"all right, all right. Do you have any more snacks? It's delicious. " Xuanyuan Hanqi had a headache at the thought of those and hastened to change the subject.
"just wait for the mother to betrothed the second brother, and he will be able to accept his heart." Xuanyuan Hancheng and his mother said. In a previous life, the second emperor died young and left no heirs. This time, I hope he can get a wife and have children earlier and change his life style in a previous life.
"it's still early. I've just visited several houses. I'll wait for your father to make a decision." The queen selfishly wants her second son to get married later. After all, now that the prince has been poisoned, it will take some time to recuperate. It would be bad if the second son, the eldest son, gave birth to the emperor's eldest grandson. She didn't want any estrangement between the brothers.
At this time, Mammy Zhou, beside the Queen, led Mammy Lin, Lin Jiabao and Jade Frost into the temple with cakes.
After coming in from Lin Jiabao, Xuanyuan Hancheng stared at him all the time, wanting to stick to him with a pair of eyes. Lin Jiabao kept his head down and did not notice his gaze.
For fear of being seen strange, he pinched a piece of cake from Lin Jiabao's plate and put it in his mouth. "Mother Lin in the mother's palace is really a treasure. Everything is delicious for pastries and snacks." I'll miss it if I don't eat for a few days! "
"if you like you, you often come here to your mother. It's no big deal, or you can send Yuanfu to Sister Lin." The queen was also satisfied with Mammy Lin. "go and receive the reward from Mammy Chou later."
"the queen mother has rewarded me, and I can't be stingy. Yuanfu. " Yuanfu would like to go forward to reward Mammy Lin.
Mammy Lin took Lin Jiabao and Jade Frost to thank her.
Mammy Lin and Jade Frost and Lin Jiabao returned to the Imperial Point Room.
"Today there is a reward again. Both the queen and her Royal Highness have rewards." Lin Jiabao happily reported the good news.
"really, I'm so happy! Anzhu, every time you go with Grandma Lin, you always get a lot of reward! What good luck. " Yuling said with a laugh.
"Oh, no, it's all thanks to Sister Lin. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince is even Sister Quarren today. " Lin Jiabao was embarrassed by Yuling.
Sister Lin shared the reward she had received. The queen rewarded silver fruit and each got two. The next reward in the Prince's Hall is golden melon seeds, and each person can get one.
The small golden melon seeds are made very finely, and Lin Jiabao likes them more and more in the palm of his hand. This was the third golden melon seed he had received, and he thought to himself that he would like to ask Sister Yushu to make a purse at night. He has had such a good harvest over the past six months that his small purse can no longer fit.