Chapter 23 Laba

Xue Gui's family was full of gloom and gloom. Who would have thought that a person who went out in the morning and came back in the evening would become a cold corpse.
Xue Gui was so hit that he fell on his chair and was in a hurry to attack his heart. "what on earth is going on?"
The returning servant, under the gaze of Xue Gui, replied nervously, "Today, the young master and the Zhang family went to Yihong House to drink flower wine after having dinner in the restaurant." After that, the young master and the young master of the Zhang family galloped back, and when they were on the road, somehow the young master fell off his horse and landed on his head first. The young one and the young master of the Zhang family hurried up to check, and they saw that the young master had broken his neck. I'm out of breath. "
"No way! No way! Zhiqi, his riding skill is always very good. Even if you drink a little wine, you shouldn't. " Xue Gui thought that someone must be trying to hurt his son, "Cha. Check for me. "
It was unbelievable that Xue Zhiqi's mother, Zhao, came with the bad news. "my son. My son. Why did you leave before your mother? "
"Wow. My lord, you have to make decisions for us. It turns out that a good child has been spoiled by that boy of the Zhang family. " Xue Zhiqi is her only eldest son, and she is a little out of her mind. "Wow. The boy of the Zhang family is fine, but my son is dead. "
"I'll get to the bottom of it, and I'll give Zhiqi an explanation." Xue Gui thought in his heart about the possibility that Zhang Yingxiang might murder his son, but Zhang Yingxiang's father, Zhang Jihe, was his confidant and had followed him for decades. he asked himself that he was good to him and should not be the Zhang family.
"Wow. My lord, you must look into it carefully. If that boy of the Zhang family. Make sure he pays for his life. Pay for one's life. " Zhao said ferociously that when her son was gone, no one else's son would be better off, and it would be best to come and bury her son with her!
In the study of the Zhang family, there are only the Zhang father and son, with a dignified atmosphere. "what on earth is going on? Why don't you tell me the whole story? "
Zhang Yingxiang looked frightened and said, "Dad, I really don't know how this happened." Young Master Qi and I went to the restaurant for tea and dinner as usual, and then went to Yihong House to drink flower wine and called two red cards to accompany us. It was late when we came out, so we came back on fast horses. Halfway through the ride, I saw Young Master Qi fall off his horse. I didn't startle the horse at that time. I think he was drunk and confused. "
"is that caused by drunkenness? How much alcohol does Qixiao drink on weekdays? " Zhang Jihe asked his son.
Zhang Yingxiang also felt very strange. "according to reason, the amount of alcohol is not so bad, but it is really rare that he fell off his horse. It is already late at night, and there is no one else on the road but us."
Zhang Jihe continued to ask, "did anything special happen to you today?" Have you ever quarreled or formed a grudge with others? "
Zhang Yingxiang recalled, "No, nothing special happened." Besides, who dares to mess with the Xue family in the capital? "
Zhang Jihe asked again, "son, think again." Are you sure you don't? Have you seen anyone? "
"No. Today, it's just me and Qixiao. " Zhang Yingxiang scratched his head and tried to remember, "well. Who have you met? That's right! Today, when I was having dinner in the restaurant, I saw a good-looking waiter downstairs. He was very interested and laughed loudly, and then he was glared by the master of the waiter. It was nothing after that. Huh? "
"Oh. Do you know that man? " Zhang Jihe asked.
"No, it's a new face. The man was about my age and looked cold. But they don't look like big shots in their clothes. I promised Qixiao to get the waiter for him, but before anyone was sent to inquire about it, Qixiao fell off his horse. I thought it had nothing to do with it. " Zhang Yingxiang said.
"have you told the Xue family about this?" Zhang Jihe frowned and had an intuition that there was something wrong with it.
"No, I didn't expect it. If you hadn't kept asking me, Dad, I wouldn't have remembered. " Zhang Yingxiang replied.
"well, since you didn't mention it at that time, don't mention it when the Xue family asks you about it, so it doesn't take a lot of trouble." Zhang Jihe told his son, "stay in the house these days and don't go out."
"No."
After his son left, Zhang Jihe thought about it more and more. A cold young man, with a new face, with a waiter. Who could this be? Zhang Yingxiang is still young and doesn't know many people. He hasn't seen all the dignitaries in the capital. But the Xue family is everyone, and most people don't dare to mess with it.
Zhang Jihe walked up and down in the study, and the rare death had a great impact on the Zhang family. In the rare accident, only his son was present, and the first thing the Xue family wanted to suspect was the Zhang family. But his son really doesn't know. Zhang Jihe has been with Xue Gui for decades and knows his temper very well. I'm afraid the Xue family will be angry with them.
Alas. He, the confidant of Xue Gui, may have made it to the end.
Zhang Jihe woke up vaguely, hey! Isn't he in the study thinking about what to do? Then seem to have fallen asleep.
Where is this? Zhang Jihe rubbed his eyes and found himself sitting obliquely on a lying chair. He was in an elegantly furnished room filled with sandalwood.
When Zhang Jihe went outside, he saw a young man dressed as a scholar sitting making tea. If it were not for the situation at this moment, Zhang Jihe could not help cheering for him in his heart.
"Master Zhang, you are awake." The young man looked up at Zhang Jihe, his hands still moving leisurely.
"who are you? Why am I here. " Zhang Jihe said cautiously.
"I, Zheng Jia, take the liberty of inviting Lord Zhang to come and ask him to forgive me." Zheng Jia handed the brewed tea to Zhang Jihe. Lord Zhang, please. " Zheng Jia poured another cup of tea and drank it herself.
The name Zheng Jia, Zhang Jihe, sounds familiar, and so on. Zheng Jia is not the first counselor around his Royal Highness, Zheng Jiasan, who is known as Xiao Zhuge.
Zhang Jihe took a sip of tea to hide his panic. The words of his son flashed through his mind, a cold young man with a good-looking waiter, this .... This can't be his Royal Highness the Crown Prince.
Zhang Jihe also heard that his Royal Highness the Crown Prince had a very spoiled waiter. If your Highness the Crown Prince. Then it all makes sense. His Royal Highness is naturally not afraid of the Xue family, and only his Royal Highness can kill Xue Zhiqi unnoticed.
"Zheng is here to help Mr. Zhang today, so Mrs. Xue wants your son to pay for his life.". " Zheng Jia really admired his Royal Highness, and unexpectedly thought of such a clever plan to kill Xue Zhiqi and alienate Xue Gui and his confidants. Of course, he would not have thought that the origin of all this was caused by the death of Xue Zhiqi with a whistle and a sentence.
Zheng Jia saw Zhang Jihe in silence and continued: "the person who admires loyalty most in Zheng's life." But it also depends on who this person is loyal to. After what happened to Xue Zhiqi, can Xue Gui still regard you as his confidant? For his confidants who no longer trust him and know many of his secrets, Lord Zhang should know what happened to you. "
Zhang Jihe drank up the tea in the teacup. He is a smart man. Over the years, he has been able to stand out from many of Xue Gui's subordinates and become Xue Gui's confidant. As Zheng Jia said, he also understood that his worst situation was that the Zhang family fell to the bottom from then on, and he might lose his life.
But let him betray Xue Gui, betray the Xue family, the consequences are also not what he and the Zhang family can bear.
"I also know the worries of Lord Zhang, but the Xue family is already in decline, and his Royal Highness will sooner or later." Zheng Jia paused meaningfully and said, "Lord Zhang, think about it. I believe you can give a satisfactory answer to his Royal Highness."
What else did Zhang Jihe want to say, but suddenly he was confused as soon as it was dark in front of his eyes. When he woke up again, he found himself back in the study, as if he had just had a dream and never left.
In the twinkling of an eye to the Laba Festival on the beginning of the Laba Festival, of course, Laba porridge is indispensable. Xuanyuan Hancheng handed over the task of hosting Laba Festival and delivering Laba porridge to Lin Jiabao a few days ago, assisted by Mammy Qiu. Lin Jiabao gladly accepted the task and carefully checked with Mammy Qiu the palaces to be sent and those in the Eastern Palace of the Crown Prince, as well as the subordinates of his Royal Highness and important courtiers of the imperial court.
Lin Jiabao personally examined the ingredients for making Laba porridge, and the Laba porridge in the palace is more exquisite. Lin Jiabao remembers that he used to gather all kinds of things at home. But different in the palace, white rice with red dates, lotus seeds, walnuts, chestnuts, pine nuts, longan, ginkgo, red beans, peanuts and so on. There are no less than twenty kinds of ingredients in total.
Early this morning, Laba ordered people to cook Laba porridge in a cauldron. After Laba porridge is cooked, Lin Jiabao will preside over the worship ceremony. Under the guidance of Mammy Qiu, Lin Jiabao successfully completed one by one. The next step is to send Laba porridge to the palaces, first to the emperor and queen, and then to the prince and the emperor's other concubines. Then in the Eastern Palace of the Crown Prince, and finally, the subordinates of his Royal Highness, and some courtiers' families have to be sent out before noon.
When Lin Jiabao had finished his work, Xuanyuan Hancheng had just come back. "Guobao did a great job! Thank you for your hard work, baby. "
"it's not hard. I'm just telling you. It's all Mammy Qiu who is helping me. I also had to trouble Mammy Qiu for the small family dinner in the evening, so I chose the menu. " Lin Jiabao said modestly to Sister Qiu.
"Master Lin is admirable. This is what the old slave should do." After saluting her Royal Highness, Mammy Qiu withdrew knowingly.
Xuanyuan Hancheng kissed Lin Jiabao as if no one was there, "Don't worry about it, you just need to know how to make the decision, and the rest will be arranged by Qiu Ma Ma and her."
"No. As you asked, I always want to do a good job. " Lin Jiabao said somewhat coquettish.
Xuanyuan Han loved Jiabao to his coquettish appearance, "as long as Guobao is happy, baby, you've done a good job.". "
"all right, let's go for lunch first, and then take a nap together." Xuanyuan Han hugged Lin Jiabao and said, "it is through Laba this day that you can meet someone in the evening." You don't have to think about it, you know? "
"mm-hmm." Lin Jiabao obediently leaned against Xuanyuan Hancheng and went to have lunch together.
Song took Laba porridge and thanked him. When I learned that it was sent from Pingle Garden, I had five tastes in my heart. After listening to the words of the little eunuch who sent Laba porridge, he knew that there was a family banquet in the Changle Hall in the evening, and asked the big maids around him to give him some rewards. "I see, you go and answer."
It seems that his Royal Highness is really different to this Lin Xiaobu. Song thought that he was two years older than his Royal Highness the Crown Prince. How to compete for favor with the young and beautiful one now. Alas.
Yu was furious when he learned that Laba porridge was distributed from Pingle Garden. It seems that this Gemini is not as simple and stupid as he looks, and unexpectedly allows his Royal Highness to give him the host of the Laba Festival. You know, this was presided over by the Crown Princess in previous years!
After hearing that there was a family banquet in the Changle Hall in the evening, Yu immediately asked the maid to dress up for her, thinking that he must put Lin Jiabao on his head at night!
In the evening, when Xuanyuan Hancheng came to Changle Hall with Lin Jiabao, Yu and Song had already arrived with their daughters.
When they saw his Royal Highness, they saluted and said, "your Royal Highness.". "
"No gift." Xuanyuan Hancheng took Lin Jiabao to sit in the main seat. "Today is a family banquet in the East Palace, so there is no need to be too formal."
Xuanyuan Hancheng and Lin Jiabao introduced Song and his eldest daughter Kang'er, as well as Yu's and second daughter Aner.
Kang'er lived up to his previous liveliness and glanced timidly at Lin Jiabao, filled with fear.
Xuanyuan Hancheng first asked Song and Yu about the bodies of their two daughters, and then announced the opening of the table.
The maids were carrying exquisite dishes, fish, and Xuanyuan Hancheng shook Lin Jiabao's hand under the table. The baby looked a little nervous.
Lin Jiabao felt Xuanyuan's encouragement and slowly relaxed. Lin Jiabao is also familiar with dining etiquette these days, and eating is very pleasing to the eye.
Today's menus are all selected by Lin Jiabao, of course, they are all Xuanyuan Hancheng and their favorite dishes. Lin Jiabao is not picky about food, has a good appetite and eats with relish. Xuanyuan Han looked at the appearance of the baby, but also greatly increased appetite.
Yu looked at Lin Xiaobu in his heart with disdain, thinking that he had never seen the world before. Yu stopped moving his chopsticks after a few bites of food.
Today, the steamed shad was very delicious, and Lin Jiabao had a good time. Xuanyuan Han promised that Su Ya on one side gave the baby cloth food, and Su Ya meant to clip a piece of fish to Lin Xiaozhu, and carefully picked out the thorns and gave them to Lin Xiaozhu to enjoy.
The meat of the fish is delicate, and Lin Jiabao tastes it carefully in his mouth.
When Yu saw the appearance of Lin Jiabao, he covered his mouth and smiled. "I'm afraid Xiaozhu Lin hasn't eaten much shad before, hehe."
"Yes." Lin Jiabao nodded truthfully. In Xuzhou, where fish is more expensive, the Lin family usually eats chicken, duck and pork, while other fish, shrimps and crabs eat very little. It was only when he went to the palace and became a little waiter to his Royal Highness that she was lucky to eat many delicacies that she had never heard of before.
Yu laughed incessantly and wanted to say something more. He found that his Royal Highness the Crown Prince was looking at her coldly and stopped in an instant.
Song looked like an invisible man from beginning to end, watching the prince's maintenance of Lin Xiaobai and Yu's provocation.
After dinner, Yu still spared no effort to show his head to his Royal Highness. "your Highness, your Highness, you haven't been to me for a long time, Qin Qin wants your Highness very much."
Xuanyuan Hancheng was indifferent to Yu's performance. "Let's call it a day." It's all over. "
Xuanyuan Hancheng and Lin Jiabao returned to Pingle Garden and waited for them to wash up and lie on the bed. "well, I've seen the people I want to see, too." Must be tired today, darling. " Xuanyuan Han Cheng held the baby in his arms.
"I'm not tired." Lin Jiabao whispered to Xuanyuan Hancheng, "can I not see them often in the future?" He didn't like that Yu very much. he didn't like the way Yu looked at Xuanyuan Hancheng.
"of course, dear. You won't have a chance to see them in the future. " Xuanyuan Hancheng knew that it was really difficult for him to let the baby face them.
"am I very bad, and I don't want my husband to see them." Lin Jiabao said gloomily.
"my darling. I like it when you're bad. " Xuanyuan Hancheng kissed Jiabao happily, and the baby finally occupied him.