Chapter 14 Family

After entering September, there is a master Lin who is favored by his Royal Highness in the Eastern Palace of the Crown Prince, which has been known both inside and outside the imperial court. And the legendary Lin Xiaozhu Lin Jiabao is writing absent-mindedly in his small study.
"Master Lin, but you need to have a rest." Li Zhengqiu, the teacher who taught Lin Jiabao, asked him.
Li Zhengqiu is the doorman of his Royal Highness. he once served in the Imperial Academy. Now he has more than half a hundred people and has high attainments in calligraphy and painting. Xuanyuan Han Chengwu let Li Zhengqiu teach Lin Jiabao.
Xuanyuan Hancheng said to Li Zhengqiu that he did not need Lin Jiabao to take the imperial examination, nor did he ask Lin Jiabao to be proficient in poetry, poetry, chess, calligraphy and painting. As long as he can read and read reasonably, and hope that Li Zhengqiu can teach Lin Jiabao some advice in calligraphy and painting.
Li Zhengqiu will come to Pingle Court for two hours every other day to teach Lin Jiabao, and will leave his homework and let Lin Jiabao practice by himself. When he first received orders from his Royal Highness, Li Zhengqiu was not happy. But because it was ordered by his Royal Highness the Crown Prince, he could only come to Pingle Garden to teach Master Lin.
Li Zhengqiu was also proud of some scholars, thinking that he had come from a distinguished and enterprising background, but he actually wanted to teach the little servant of his Royal Highness to read and write.
But when Li Zhengqiu saw Lin Jiabao himself, he changed his mind. Lin Xiaozhu is very different from the rumors. His temperament is clean and pure, and he has childlike innocence. Looking at Lin Jiabao, who is not much older than his grandson, Li Zhengqiu easily took a liking to him.
Master Lin is so polite that he really respects him as if he were a master. And Lin Xiaozhu studied very hard, and he was able to finish all the lessons he assigned, especially Lin Xiaozhu's talent in painting made him like this clever and sensible Lin Xiaozhu. It also makes Li Zhengqiu pay more attention to Lin Xiaozhu's teaching.
"Li master, I am distracted." Lin Jiabao looked apologetically at Li Zhengqiu. September has come, and the Mid-Autumn Festival is not far away. Thinking of this time, the family will soon be on their way to Beijing.
"Master Lin, are you tired?" Li Zhengqiu looked at the crimson mark on Master Lin's neck that could not be covered by his collar, and thought about the rumor that his Royal Highness had spent the night in Pingle Garden. As an experienced person, how could he not guess that Master Lin was tired? Alas. After all, the crown prince is still young and doesn't know how to control himself. Master Lin is still young. He is so tired that he is lethargic.
"Master, I'm not tired. I'll write well and I won't be distracted." Lin Jiabao began to write carefully.
Now most of the people in Pingle Garden agree with Li Zhengqiu, which has wronged his Royal Highness.
Xuanyuan Hancheng's life now is very sweet and happy, the only deficiency is that the night is more difficult, every night is always testing his self-control ah!
Xuanyuan Hancheng never knew that he would be so strong to Lin Jiabao's youthful body. Whenever the baby lies under him, the appearance full of trust and dependence on him is so attractive.
Every time Xuanyuan Hancheng wants to lick and kiss every piece of skin all over the baby's body, and of course he does.
In short, the present Xuanyuan Han Cheng can only satisfy the craving, but can not swallow the stomach, the tragic taste of the stage ....
Lin Jiabao wrote a picture of red earnestly, and after reading it, Li Zhengqiu commented and explained to him word by word. In the end, two more pages of big-character homework were assigned to him.
Li Zhengqiu said pointedly, "Master Lin, it's still important to be physically important. If you think there are too many big characters, write one." Good health is the most important thing. Don't rely on being young and out of control. You must know that it takes a long time for a long stream of water to grow for a long time. "
Lin Jiabao did not hear anything in Li Fu's words and replied blankly, "Master, I know." There are not many big words on two pages. I can write it well. "
Li Zhengqiu looked at the earnest expression of Lin Xiaozhu and sighed, thinking that if he had a chance in the future, he would still dare to mention it to his Royal Highness.
After Li Zhengqiu left, Yuanqing came forward and asked Lin Xiaozhu with concern, "does the little master feel tired?" But I'm going to have a rest for a while. "
Lin Jiabao shook his head and didn't feel tired after taking a nap today.
"what's on the mind of the little master?" Yuanqing observed the look of Lin Xiaozhu and asked.
Lin Jiabao still shook his head. He had studied palace rules with Mammy. He is now a man of his Royal Highness the Crown Prince. He is not the same as before, and he is not allowed to see his family casually. The palace rules are strict, how can we make an exception for him?
Lin Dazhuang's house has just been expanded in Lin's village. according to the usual practice, Lin Dazhuang ordered half a fan of pork from the butcher in the village and entertained some people who were waiting for acquaintances in the village.
After the expansion of the Lin family's house, it is much bigger than the original one. Now the Lin Da Zhuang family has a total of seven or eight rooms of different sizes, and the area of the yard is also twice as large as before. Now there is a hall room, one for Lin Dazhuang and his wife, one for Lin Jiawen and Lin Jiawen, one for Lin Lier and Lin Xiuer, and one for Lin Jiabao. In addition, a slightly larger room has been reserved for Lin Jiabao.
"strong family, your family is getting more and more prosperous these days. Jiawen was admitted to the scholar, the family will immediately add Ding, Jiabao in the palace and so promising. How enviable it is! " Sitting at the main table, the family praised Zhang Huiniang.
Everyone in the village heard Lin Jiaojiao's mother say that Lin Jiabao worked in the Queen's Palace, although Lin Jiajiao's mother repeatedly stressed that Lin Jiabao was only doing chores in the kitchen of the Queen's Palace, while her family Jiaojiao served in front of the lady. But the people in the village are not stupid. The queen is the mother of the country, and her job in her palace is not as good as that in other places. Didn't you see such a big package from Lin Jiabao? The Lin family has built a big house, and from then on it is one of the best families in Linjia Village.
"Ha ha. They are all children. They stand up for themselves. " Zhang Huiniang was also very happy to hear her words and said modestly.
"if you ask me, Hui Niang, just wait for your happiness. The children are all so excellent. Your Jiner also married so well, and your Lier is not small, and grow well, have you ever let your Jiner look for a good family in the city. " The woman on one side agreed.
Zhang Huiniang looked at Lin Lier, who was greeting the Zhou Hai family, and smiled. "Lil is not in a hurry. Besides, I don't want to marry her too far from me."
The sound of horses' hoofs sounded outside the courtyard. Lin Jiner came with her husband Qin Kaixing and his eldest son Congge.
"Ouch. My grandson! Come and give Grandma a hug. " Zhang Huiniang picked up her little grandson and kissed him fiercely on the face, making her brother Cong giggle.
Qin Kaixing came forward to say hello to his parents-in-law. "on the one hand, I'd like to congratulate my parents-in-law on their new home, and I'd like to discuss with my father-in-law and eldest brother-in-law about going to Beijing."
As he said this, he heard the sound of horses' hoofs outside the yard, "who else is coming?" Lin Jiner looked out of the courtyard, a small carriage stopped, a little girl jumped out of the carriage, took some gifts from the carriage, and came to them.
The little girl came up to them with a gift in her hand and said to Lin Dazhuang and Zhang Huiniang, "Hello, Master Lin and Mrs. Lin. I am the head of the book family of the king in the city. I have come to give you gifts at the behest of our young lady."
The Lin family frowned, and Zhang Huiniang said impolitely to the little girl, "We appreciate your granny's kindness. Let's take it back." We won't take it! "
The girl held a stalemate with them for a while, but refused to accept gifts, so she had to go back with gifts.
The young lady of Wang Zhuzhu's family was Lin Chuner, who went to Chong Xi at the beginning.
Lin Chuner was indeed lucky. After Chong Xi married into Wang Zhu's family, her husband's condition gradually improved. It made the two elders of the Wang family like her very much and felt that they had really rushed to the right place.
During that time, the Lin family was very proud, especially when the registrar Wang family sent someone to intercede with the elders of the Li Zhenghe family, exempting Lin from the family law. The angry teeth of the Lin Dazhuang family itched in front of the family and announced that they did not recognize Lin Dali's relatives.
Lin and his wife didn't take it seriously and showed off in the village. They bought satin clothes and wore gold and silver again, fearing that others would not know that they were rich.
After that, Lin Li and his family lived in a big house, bought ten mu of good land and rented it out, and bought two girls and wives to wait on them. Lin Li no longer works as a carpenter and leads a good life of collecting rent and enjoying himself. Everyone brags about how rich he is and is the in-laws of the official family, so that the people in the village are unwilling to talk to them.
Lin Chuner's husband recovered half a year later, and Lin Chuner herself lived the life of a young lady. And under the leadership of Mrs. Wang, she also entered the circle of upper-class female relatives in Pei County.
Lin Chuner also met Lin Jiner several times, and he was very jealous. Looking at the style of Lin Jiner's dress, he seemed to be better off than she was. Huh! Lin Chuner thought she was married to a merchant. What's the big deal?
It wasn't long before Lin Chuner found that she was having a hard time as an official granny. Although she was kind to the Wangs, the Wangs were also kind to her. But her husband, Wang Xuebo, didn't like her very much. Lin Chuner worked since childhood and his skin was dark and rough. Wang Xuebo saw that it was rare for her to go to her room for her meritorious service. While Lin Chuner could not read, Wang Xuebo did not even pass the entrance examination of Tongsheng, but he was very fond of being arty and elegant. The two can't talk about being together at all, and the most exasperating thing is that Wang Xuebo already has two girls who share a room. The two maids are prettier than her and dominate her husband every night. It was only at this time that she realized how difficult it was to be a happy bride without the love of her husband, no children, and no effective help from her mother.
At this time, Lin Chuner thought of his uncle's family, especially after Lin Jiawen was admitted to the scholar, he always wanted to restore the relationship between the two families, but every time the Lin Dazhuang family refused.
Lin Chuner was secretly angry as she watched the girl come back with a gift. "it's really ungrateful." At her request, her parents also went to the door to give gifts and apologized, but again and again to no avail. Alas. If it hadn't been for her brother Lin Jiawang's gluttony and laziness, it would have been nice not to hold her back. She doesn't need to curry favor with the Lin Dazhuang family. I heard that Lin Jiabao had a good time in the palace. I don't know what would have happened if she had entered the palace at that time.
A few days later, Lin Dazhuang and Lin Jiawen waved goodbye to their families and set off for the capital with Qin Kaixing.
This time, Qin Kaixing took two carts of cloth to the capital to test the water, along with two buddies and four housekeepers. All the way to the official road, walked for more than ten days very smoothly to the capital.
After entering the capital, it was already night, and they first found a clean inn to stay.
"my father-in-law and eldest brother should go and have a rest first. It's been a hard time along the way. The road went smoothly this time. We arrived early in the Mid-Autumn Festival and there are still more than ten days left. Tomorrow I will first inquire about the situation of the people in the palace. " Qin Kaixing took good care of Lin and his son all the way.
"thanks for your hard work, too. Go to bed early." Lin Dazhuang was very satisfied with the son-in-law along the way, but fortunately this time they came out with his son-in-law. He was an excellent son-in-law and arranged properly along the way, which really made them worry a lot.
Early the next morning, while they were having breakfast, Qin Kaixing had already found out what he wanted to know. He told them the news, "on the Mid-Autumn Festival, people in each palace will be reunited with their families for an hour according to each palace. The queen's palace is naturally at the top of the list. I think we can see Jiabao early in the morning."
"that would be great!" Lin Jiawen and Lin Dazhuang and his son were very happy to hear this.
After breakfast, Qin Kaixing and Lin Jiawen and Lin Dazhuang took a stroll around the capital. The inn where they live is in the west of the city, where there are more ordinary people, very prosperous and lively. On the east side of the city lived dignitaries, and further inside was the inner city, where the royal relatives and members of the imperial court lived.
After walking around for a while, Qin Kaixing rented a small yard with a shop in front of it. After paying half a month's rent, everyone withdrew from the inn in the afternoon and moved everything there. Lin Dazhuang and Lin Jiawen helped to tidy up the goods and set up the shop together, and they were all ready in the evening.
Qin Kaixing is going to open for business tomorrow and hang up the sign of Qin Jiabuzhuang. "my father-in-law and eldest brother have bothered you this afternoon. I'll be fine tomorrow. Don't bother you. Just me and the guys. "
"they're all family, so you don't have to be so polite. Your brother and I both have a lot of strength. Haha! " Lin Dazhuang said.
"by the way, I learned that there is a place in the capital called" there is a bookstore. "anyone with fame and fame can read in it. Eldest brother can go and have a look tomorrow, just at the junction of the west and the east of the city." Qin Kaixing said what he heard when he inquired about the store today.
"then you must go and see it tomorrow." Lin Jiawen longed for it. There are not many big bookstores in Peixian city, and there are fewer books to borrow. And books are very expensive, and the conditions in his family are mediocre, so he can't buy books very often.
Early the next morning, Lin Jiawen went to the bookstore mentioned by Qin Kaixing yesterday with an early meal. This bookstore is really big, with three floors, which is the largest bookstore that Lin Jiawen has ever seen.
When Lin Jiawen went inside, he was immediately greeted by a man like a waiter. "do you have any merit and fame, brother? please come and register first."
After registration, the waiter and Lin Jiawen said, "you can read the first and second floor here at will, but you can't take the book out of the bookstore. You can only read it at the bookstore. If you need to provide tea and refreshments, you can go up to the third floor." Please take good care of the books. If there is any damage, you have to pay for it according to the price. "
Lin Jiawen thanked the waiter and took a stroll around the first floor. There are many kinds of books in this bookstore, and there are tables and chairs on the edge of each row of bookshelves. There were many people in the bookstore but very quiet. Lin Jiawen saw that everyone was sitting and reading quietly, even if there was a discussion.
Lin Jiawen couldn't wait to choose a book he was interested in, sat on the sidelines and began to read it.
In the next few days, Lin Jiawen plunged into the sea of knowledge and spent every day in the bookstore.
In the bookstore, Lin Jiawen also met Qian Qingkun, who was also a scholar. The two hit it off and admired each other's talents. "Brother Lin, , you really can't tell from your appearance. At first I thought you were taking the martial arts exam! I didn't expect that many of our opinions are so the same. It's great to know such a like-minded friend like you, and we can often discuss articles together in the future. "
Qian Qingkun saw Lin Jiawen for the first time. Seeing that he looked like a bear with a tiger's back, he was so rude that he was also a scholar. He was very curious, so he began to chat with him. Unexpectedly, they talked so much, and then they went up to the third floor of the bookstore to drink tea and talk together.
"Brother Qian, I'm glad to meet you, too, but it's a pity that I came to Beijing with my family to meet my brother on the Mid-Autumn Festival. I went back when I was done." It is a pity that Lin Jiawen has not read enough books in the bookstore here.
"Ah! That's a pity. Is your brother a palace man in the palace? This time, thanks to his Royal Highness the Crown Prince to destroy the blessings of the barbarians, the Empress and Empress are magnanimous. The grace of this Mid-Autumn Festival has never been seen before. " Qian Qingkun added, "if you ask me, his Royal Highness the Crown Prince is really an excellent king. He is not only invincible militarily, but also attaches great importance to our literati. I heard that his Royal Highness is the prince behind the scenes of this bookstore, so that children from poor families can also read books."
"Yes, I really appreciate the gift this time. Or I don't know when I'm going to see my brother! His family misses him very much. " Lin Jiawen sighed.
"I have an aunt who is also on duty in the palace, and she knows something about it. In which house does your brother work? " Qian Qingkun asked.
"my brother works as a waitress in the Queen's Palace and makes snacks in the Royal Room." Lin Jiawen answered Qian Qingkun's question truthfully.
"that's good. Compared with some places, this is a good place. Your brother is so lucky." Qian Qingkun thought about it. "it is said that there is a secret about her Royal Highness in the Queen's Palace."
Qian Qingkun said mysteriously, "I heard that his Royal Highness took a fancy to a servant in the queen's palace, and now he is spoiled day and night." I heard that the chambermaid is still very young! "
Lin Jiawen frowned when he heard this, but without thinking about it, he laughed it off. Which of those expensive people don't have some love affairs? The wisdom and power of his Royal Highness has long spread all over the world, and he is resolute and ruthless in his handling of the barbarians. didn't expect to have some hobbies.
And Qin Kaixing is also progressing smoothly on this side, and the cloth is very good after just a few days of opening. There are a lot of good cloth and satin on this side of the capital, and the designs are novel and beautiful, but the price is also high.
The cloth brought by Qin Kaixing is of good quality, and the pattern is out of date on their side, but it is relatively fresh on this side of the capital, and the price is relatively affordable. It is still quite popular with the people in the west of the city.
Qin Kaixing is very happy. If it goes on like this, we will be able to clear the goods brought this time in a few days. thought it was the right time to come to Beijing this time. not only sold the stock, but also made a small profit. When we go back, we will buy some popular goods in the capital, and we will certainly be able to make a lot of money at that time. It will be even better if we can find a buyer for fixed cooperation.
With the Mid-Autumn Festival approaching, the Lin family and son Qin Kaixing are looking forward to the meeting with Lin Jiabao.