Chapter 20 full Moon

Zhang Huiniang is busy boiling red eggs in the kitchen, not to mention how happy she is. The eldest daughter-in-law gave birth to a big fat boy, and Jiabao had a good life in the palace. This year, the family's harvest is good, and the family's income has increased a lot. This pile is all good, ah, thinking about it makes my heart blossom with delight.
Lin Dazhuang looked at Zhang Huiniang so happy that he didn't know how to speak about Lin Jiabao.
"by the way, father, when you went to Beijing a few days ago, the Zhou Hai family came and asked me if I could let Zhou Hai and Lil get engaged first. I think Lill is 15 this year, and it's time to settle down. " Zhang Huiniang asked Lin Dazhuangdao.
"settle it early. Go and talk to the Zhou Hai family tomorrow. You'd better settle it before the full moon." Bogor is a nickname given to his son by Lin Jiawen, whose name is Lin Guangbo, which means that he is knowledgeable. Lin Jiawen hopes that his son will rise to prominence in the future.
Lin Dazhuang thought about Jiabao and didn't know when it would be announced. It would be impossible to calm down at that time. Lil's marriage should be settled earlier and feel at ease. As for the fact that the dragon and Phoenix are still young, we can only talk about it later.
"it seems to be in a bit of a hurry." Zhang Huiniang said.
"Xiao Ding doesn't need a lot of work in the first place, and Brother Bo's full moon needs to be done well. after that, he will be busy preparing for next year's local exam, and there are too many things to do for the Spring Festival. The procrastination will be put off until next year. You'd better make a reservation earlier. " Lin Dazhuang said.
Zhang Huiniang thought it made sense and said, "then I'll go to the Zhou family tomorrow."
The next day, Zhang Huiniang went to Zhou Hai's house. The Zhou Haijia also want to settle down as soon as possible. Now the life of the Lin family is getting better and better, and many people are watching. Zhou Hai's mother knew that her son had liked Lin Lier since he was a child, and her son had already recognized her in her heart. If anything happened, it would be too late to cry. If you decide early, it will be a long night and a long dream.
Zhang Huiniang is also very satisfied with Zhou Hai, and the Zhou family is grateful to them, the Lin family. In her early years, when she was in trouble with Da Zhuang, thanks to the help of the Zhou family. Zhou Hai not only did good farm work, but also learned the skill of hunting from his father Zhou mu. So I have a good life at home. I often have game festivals, and sometimes I am lucky enough to get some leather and sell it for a lot of money. Zhou Hai is honest and stable, and Lin Lier won't bear hardships even when she gets married.
The Lin family and the Zhou family discussed and agreed to let Zhou Hai and Lin Lier get married after the autumn harvest next year. The Zhou family acted very quickly, and within a few days they invited a matchmaker and settled down.
Since her engagement, Lin Lier seldom went out and hid in her room to embroider her wedding clothes. There is red brocade in the gifts brought back from the capital this time, and the wedding dress is particularly beautiful when embroidered.
Under the door of the prince, Hu Sizhan took several bodyguards, and he was ordered to go to Lin Family Village to give a full moon gift to Lin Xiaozhu's little nephew. Not daring to delay all the way, they stepped up their journey and finally arrived in Xuzhou two days before the full moon.
After arriving in Xuzhou, Hu Sizhan and his party first went to Shiqi Shanfu, the governor's mansion of Xuzhou.
When Shi Qishan heard that his servant had come to report the visit of his Royal Highness, he was surprised, but he dared not delay, and immediately went to meet him in person.
"Lord Hu, what are you doing here?" Shiqishan invited Hu Si to sit down in the main hall. Shi Qishan had an acquaintance with Hu Si Exhibition when he was on duty in Beijing before. In theory, the two people will not have any overlap, Shiqishan can not guess the purpose of the Huth exhibition. "but does his Royal Highness have anything important to tell you?"
Although Shiqi Mountain is the fifth grade, Hu Si Exhibition is the prince's house talent from six grades. But Shiqi Mountain dared not snub at all and was very polite to Hu Si Zhan. After all, he was a close courtier of his Royal Highness the Crown Prince.
"Lord Shi is kind. I've come to congratulate you this time." Husizhan said.
Shiqi Mountain heard that it was a good thing, and then relaxed, "also asked Lord Hu to solve my doubts, how can you be happy?"
"under the governance of Lord Shi, Lord Shi has contributed greatly to the people of Xuzhou living and working in peace and contentment. And this time there is great news. Among the people sent to the palace in Xuzhou this time, there is a dignitary. That's why I'm here this time. " Hu Sizhan said to Shiqishan.
"Oh. This is really good news. Dare to ask which one has the emperor's green eyes. " Shiqishan thought to himself when he heard the news from Hu Sizhan. They have never had an honorable person in Xuzhou.
"it is not the emperor but his Royal Highness the Crown Prince. Lin Xiaozhu, who is from Peixian County, is from Peixian County. Lin Xiaozhu is a Shuanger, who has been in the palace of Yuntai for four years. Now it is deeply loved by his Royal Highness. no, I came here this time to give a full moon gift to Lin Xiaozhu's little nephew. " Husizhan explained.
"it's his Royal Highness the Crown Prince. That's really blessed! " Of course, it is more promising to be a servant of his Royal Highness than to be favored by the emperor. The emperor is past middle age, and there are many princesses. And his Royal Highness the Crown Prince is still young and has no heirs. If we can give birth to the crown prince in the future and wait for his Royal Highness to board Dabao, it will really be unspeakable and benefit his family.
Shiqishan warmly invited Hu Sizhan and his party to stay in the house. Hu Sizhan politely refused and returned to the Xuzhou post station. The news of Husizhan will spread in a few days, and what his Royal Highness has told will soon be realized.
Shi Qishan soon discussed with his confidants what he had learned today, and in the evening he also told his wife about the Lin family.
Mrs. Shi, the wife of the magistrate, came out of a large family and soon analyzed it with her husband. I felt that the Lin family could be more close, and Mrs. Shi combed back to her interpersonal relationship. She remembered that she had a little friendship with the Qin family into which Master Lin's sister married. Mrs. Qin had also invited Mrs. Qin to attend several gatherings of upper-class women in Xuzhou. We can deal with the Lin family from this aspect in the future.
Shiqishan discussed with his wife for a long time and decided on the gift to be given on the day of the full moon.
The next day, Shiqi Mountain invited du Xiangheng, the magistrate of Peixian County, to tell him about the Lin family. Du Zhi County was also overjoyed when he found out, and this came out of their county. He also knew about the Lin family. The eldest of the Lin family was admitted to the scholar, and he also praised him.
Shiqishan said to du Zhi County, "the Lin family is under your jurisdiction, so you should pay more attention to it on weekdays."
Where did du Zhi County use the magistrate to say, he answered hurriedly.
When du Zhixian went back, he immediately invited his master to discuss it and prepared to go there in person at the full moon of Lin Jiawen's son and give him a good gift.
Within a day, the news of a dignitary in Pei County spread quietly among the upper families in Xuzhou, all of which were secretly planning to make friends with the Lin family.
In a twinkling of an eye, on the day of the full moon of Bogor, the Lin family specially invited the cook who specially cooked the mats in the village, opened six tables of round mats, and invited people who knew each other from the village to drink full moon wine.
The Zhou Hai family came to help early in the morning, and the Qin family also arrived early. Mrs. Qin said hello to Zhang Huiniang in a cordial manner, and Lin Jiner helped her mother greet the guests.
Before the banquet began, Wu's mother was talking to her daughter in the room. Looking at Wu Qiaolan's ruddy complexion, she knew that she was well taken care of in Yuezi. "seeing that you are doing well, my mother is happy for you, too. Your mother-in-law is kind to you, and you should show filial piety to them in the future. "
"Mother, I will." Wu Qiaolan replied. Wu Qiaolan now feels very happy, her parents-in-law are kind, her husband is very kind to her, and she is enterprising. Now that I have a son, everything is going well.
"did he work hard at Jiawen? Your father said that the knowledge of Jiawen is already very good, and it is very promising this time. You should urge him to review his lessons and remember not to let him be complacent and slack off. " Wu Qiaolan's mother said to her daughter.
"Don't worry, ma'am. Husband is so attentive that he studies very late every day. " Wu Qiaolan answered with a smile.
The Lin family received a lot of gifts today. Lin Jiacai helped the family register the gift list. Lin Jiacai, 10 years old this year, began to be enlightened two years ago and has finished learning the three-character sutra and hundred surnames. His talent for reading is not as high as that of eldest brother Lin Jiawen, but he works very hard.
Lin Jiacai is becoming more and more sensible, and he knows the good days at home now. It all depends on the efforts of the eldest brother and the hard work of the second elder brother after entering the palace. Because the eldest brother was admitted to the child's family, he was exempted from land tax. This year, the eldest brother was admitted to the scholar again, and his family was exempted from military service and corvee. He also wants to study hard like the eldest brother and make his family's life better with his own efforts in the future.
"Brother, the gold clerk sent 120 silver as a token of congratulations." Lin Jiawen said to his eldest brother Lin Jiawen.
Outside the courtyard, carriages arrived one after another, sending all kinds of gifts. Many gift-giving families, who didn't know Lin Jiawen at all, gradually sensed that something was wrong.
A team of government officers arrived outside the Lin family courtyard, and several of them, holding gifts, sang loudly as they walked, "the Xuzhou magistrate's gift has arrived!"
The people in the village were already watching the hustle and bustle, and they were surprised to hear that the magistrate had also sent a congratulatory gift, thinking that Lin Xiucai was so proud that even the magistrate came to give gifts.
Then a carriage arrived, "Master of the county." It's the county master. " The villagers with sharp eyes have recognized the county master.
Li Zhenglin Yuquan hurriedly greeted him, "Duzhi County, it is a great honor for you to come to our Linjia Village." Duzhi County, please. "
I saw that du Zhi County did not come forward, but let the young people around him walk in front first. "Lord Hu, please.". "
At this time, everyone noticed that the young man around the master of the county, who was elegantly dressed, was not an ordinary person at a glance.
Hearing the news, the Lin family came out. Lin Dazhuang and Lin Jiawen came forward to welcome each other. Lin Jiawen bowed to du Zhi County. "the magistrate is really flattered by the fact that the magistrate can come to the student's home.". " Lin Jiawen looked at the young man again and asked du Zhi County, "I don't know who this adult is.". "
Hu Sizhan introduced himself to the crowd, "Master Lin, you don't have to be polite. I am a servant of his Royal Highness the Crown Prince. This time I have been ordered by his Royal Highness to give a full moon gift to Master Lin's little nephew."
Hu Sizhan's words were like a thunder that exploded in the hearts of the people in Linjia Village. People in Linjia Village talked one after another, his Royal Highness the Crown Prince. Those are the characters I only heard in the play. Where have I heard of such a prominent person in real life? People in Lin Village congratulated the Lin family one after another, including those who sent their children to the palace, envied the good luck of the Lin family, and wondered how their children did not get the green eyes of nobles.
Zhang Huiniang hadn't figured it out yet. She asked doubtfully, "who is Master Lin?"
Hu Zhanwen said politely, "you must be Mrs. Lin. Master Lin is your second son, Lin Jiabao, who is now the servant of his Royal Highness."
When Zhang Huiniang heard Hu Si's words, she was so excited that she fainted. "Jiabao, he. Home treasure. "
Seeing this, Lin Jiner hurriedly came forward to support Zhang Huiniang, "Niang, Niang." What's the matter with you. "
Many people gathered around Zhang Huiniang, and all the Lin family called her anxiously.
Zhang Huiniang woke up leisurely, "how could he. Huh? Jiabao's father, you didn't say that Jiabao was doing well in the palace. How could he be a prince? "
Lin Dazhuang felt bad when he didn't speak. "Jiabao's mother, Jiabao is really doing well."
Hu Sizhan said to Zhang Huiniang, "Mrs. Lin, please rest assured that Master Lin is now the favorite of his Royal Highness." This time, Xiaozhu Lin was not to mention how happy he was to learn that he had a little nephew. I carefully selected the gift and wrote a letter from home, and his Royal Highness ordered it to be delivered at the full moon. I didn't dare to pause all the way, but it came day and night. " With that, Huth took out the gifts selected by Lin Jiabao and wrote a letter from home and handed it to Master Lin.
"Lord Hu has worked hard all the way. Please sit down. Du Zhi County, please sit down, too. " Lin Jiawen had a few pleasantries with Mr. Hu and asked him and du Zhixian to sit at the main table.
The auspicious time has come, and the baptism of Bogor has begun. Today's admissions grandma is very happy. There are only several bright silver petals in that basin.
The midwifery grandmother picked up the mallet and stirred it into the basin and said, "one stirred, two stirred, three stirred, and the elder brother led the younger brother to run." Seventy, eighty, crooked hair, naughty, snoring are all here! " It was only then that he began to give Bogg a bath. Brother Boer cries when he catches a cold. Instead of committing a taboo, he thinks it is auspicious, which is called "ringing basin". While washing, the birth grandmother said, "first wash your hair and be a prince; then wash your waist, one generation is taller than the next generation; wash eggs as magistrate; wash ditch, become magistrate." Then, with the moxa leaf ball lit, with ginger slices as a support, put on Bogor's forehead, symbolically broiled. Then comb your hair and dress up, saying, "three combs, two ears, wear a red top when you grow up; paint your eyebrows on the left, hit the temples on the right, find a wife in the four villages; brush your teeth, gargle your mouth, and avoid embarrassing yourself when you talk to people." Then roll the egg on the baby's face and say, "Egg roll face, face like egg skin, willow red like white, really a lover." After washing, tie up the child, gently hit the body with a green onion three times, said: "one dozen clever, two dozen clever." Then have the onions thrown on the roof. He picked up the weight and compared it and said, "although the weight is small, it weighs a thousand jin." Pick up the lock: say: "grow up, tight head, tight feet, tight hands." Then he put Bogor in a tea tray, tucked in the baby with the gold and silver curls prepared by the Lin family in advance, and said, "if you can't spend it, you will reward the lower person." Finally, he took a look at the baby's ass with a small mirror and said, "use the mirror, look at the baby, and shit black during the day." The three-day wash is done.
Brother Bo is a delightful child. Wu raises well in the month, has plenty of milk, and is fat and fat. The whole body is chubby, a big circle bigger than when was born. In addition to washing Sany and began to cry for a while, he slowly stopped crying and looked around curiously with a pair of round eyes. Wu held his son in his arms and was still shocked by the news he had not just heard. it seems that the days of the Lin family are doomed to be calm in the future.
In the evening, the Lin family saw off Lord Hu and du Zhi County. When Hu Si Zhan left, he also mentioned that he would come back to the door in three days and asked the Lin family to write a book so that he could take it back to work. After that, Lin Dazhuang and their friends persuaded the villagers who were still flattering them at the Lin family.
Lin Dazhuang and Lin Jiawen told everyone what happened when they went to Beijing. did not expect that Jiabao would have such a change in the palace, which was unexpected for the Lin family.
After reading Lin Jiabao's family letter, I saw that Lin Jiabao was talking about his life in the palace and his Royal Highness's kindness to him. Everyone was relieved to see it.
"I hope his Royal Highness will always be kind to our family." Zhang Huiniang said.
The Lin family nodded in unison. Lin Jiacai showed the number of gift lists counted today to Lin Jiawen, "Brother, what about these gifts?" This gift is more than two thousand taels of silver! " There was an endless stream of carriages giving full moon gifts tonight. Lin Jiawen took a look at it and found that families with numerous names in Xuzhou had sent congratulatory gifts.
In the next few days, as Wu Qiaolan thought, the Lin family could no longer be calm. Every day, people you don't know come to visit and give gifts. The people of the Lin family also sent several groups of people, constantly booing and courting them, all of which made the Lin family unbearably disturbed, and finally had to thank the guests behind closed doors.