Chapter 25 sacrifice to Heaven

Xuanyuan Hancheng works in a big account. Today is the third day he left Jiabao, and his thoughts have surged like a tide.
Three days ago, he said goodbye to Jiabao, who was reluctant to part. With his father, he went to sacrifice to Heaven. This was the first sacrifice of Yuntai in the past six years, and it was also the most important one this year. In order to achieve favorable weather and prosperity of the country and the people this year, the emperor must take a three-day fast, personally pray for blessings and lead civil and military officials to pray to heaven.
Xuanyuan Hancheng kept correspondence with Jiabao every day. It was the first time since Jiabao came to him that he had been away from Jiabao for so long. Looking through the letter of Jiabao sent by the dark guard, Xuanyuan Han Cheng mouth Weiyang.
In the letter, Lin Jiabao gave a detailed account of his daily life this day. Greet the queen in the morning, take a nap after lunch, study with Qiu Fu Zi, and then practice writing and painting. In the letter, Jiabao honestly told Xuanyuan Han that he missed him, saying that it would be Lantern Festival when Xuanyuan Han came back. Jiabao said in the letter that he wanted to go to the imperial room to make a snack, asking for the consent of Xuanyuan Hancheng. Jiabao also said that he wanted to make Yuanxiao by himself and asked Xuanyuan Hancheng what kind of stuffing he liked, and so on. Although they are all daily chores, I don't get tired of reading them over and over again.
Xuanyuan Han Cheng picked up a pen to reply to Jiabao, and wrote his thoughts for Jiabao on the letter. It is not impossible for Guobao to go to the Imperial Point Room to make a snack, but be sure to let Yuanqing accompany him and bring a guard, and can only stay in the Imperial Point Room for an hour at most, advising him not to tire himself. As for the stuffing of Yuanxiao, Xuanyuan Hancheng said that he liked everything he liked. And let Guobao obediently wait for him to come back, and then two days later, he can return and be reunited with Guobao.
After writing, he gave the letter to the dark guard and asked him to send it back as soon as possible and asked the dark guard, "hasn't there been any progress in Zheng Rong?"
"when his subordinates set out, there was no new progress." The dark guard replied.
"go back and tell Zheng Rong to give him an answer as soon as possible." If it takes a long time, King Li will be aware of it.
"No."
A few days ago, the dark guard came to report and caught two nails from the previous crown prince's palace. One of them killed himself by taking poison while the other was captured alive when he was about to take poison. However, this man is the dead man of King Li, and he has never let go. Failed to get the exact evidence of collusion between King Li and the Crown Princess, Xuanyuan Han Cheng was somewhat disappointed.
Xuanyuan Hancheng got up and went out of the account and came to the big account of my father, Emperor Xuanyuan Zhao. When he talked about King Li with his father, the Emperor Xuanyuan said after listening deeply: "the other side of Licheng will send spies to investigate the news of King Li again."
After that, Xuanyuan Zhaoshen discussed with the prince the matter of offering sacrifices to heaven tomorrow. Xuanyuan Zhaoshen was very satisfied with this son, and this time Xuanyuan Hancheng took the initiative to let other princes attend the heaven sacrifice ceremony. Xuanyuan Hancheng said that the younger brothers are all older, and they can also be allowed to participate in the great events of the Xuanyuan dynasty. He also hopes that after that, his brothers can become the help of Xuanyuan Empire and work with him to realize the prosperity of Xuanyuan Empire.
In the early years, in the struggle for the throne, Xuanyuan Zhaoshen and other princes did not have brotherly affection, but only mutual guard, conspiracy and calculation. For the prince to get along well with other princes, brothers and brothers still very much approve of pleasure.
At this time, the eunuch's voice came from outside the account. It was Zhao Yong, the head of the Chamberlain at the side of the father, who came in with a guard, who held the tray carefully with his head down.
Zhao Yong first came forward to greet the emperor and his Royal Highness, and the guards behind him also saluted with him. Zhao Yong brought the soup to the table. "your Majesty, please use midnight snacks. We have prepared wild fungus soup for you tonight. "
The guard jumped in his eyes when he saw that his Royal Highness was also in the emperor's account. Hurriedly bowed his head and retreated, Xuanyuan Han took a look at him. Feeling that the guard looked familiar, he stopped him and asked, "what's your name?"
The guard obviously did not expect his Royal Highness to question him, and for a moment he was in a panic.
Seeing that he had been slow to return to his Royal Highness, Zhao Yong hurriedly replied to his Royal Highness, "your Highness, this is Wu Zhijie, the guard of the imperial guard, who was transferred from the forbidden army because he came out to offer sacrifices to heaven. I have been in charge of Xuanwu gate before. " He naturally knows the details of the imperial guards around the emperor. There were many princes on this trip, and some of them were specially transferred from the forbidden army in order to protect the integrity of the princes.
"Wu Zhijie?! How old are you this year? you look very young. " Xuanyuan Hancheng recalled this man's message in his heart.
"back to your Royal Highness, the lackey is 23 this year." Wu Zhijie dared not look at his Royal Highness. he was very guilty and just wanted to leave as soon as possible.
Xuanyuan Hancheng finally remembered who Wu Zhijie was. Looking at Wu Zhijie's erratic eyes, Xuanyuan Han Chengxin made a big alarm.
Xuanyuan Hancheng suddenly picked up the steaming soup on the table and handed it to Wu Zhijie. "drink it."
Seeing the soup in front of him, Wu Zhijie suddenly stepped back and knelt down. "minions. Lackey. Dare not. "
Xuanyuan Hancheng knew there was something wrong with the soup when he looked at him, and he looked at him with a smile and said, "give me a reward for you. Drink it!"
Wu Zhijie knelt on the ground, his face already nervous and sweating. "minions. Lackey. Damn it. "
Xuanyuan Zhaoshen knew that there was something wrong with the soup when the prince forced Wu Zhijie to drink the soup. Zhao Yong ordered Chen Taiyi to come here. Chen Taiyi was the doctor who followed him on this trip, and ordered someone to take care of Wu Zhijie quietly.
"Cheng er, how did you find out?" Xuanyuan Zhaoshen did not find any problem with Wu Zhijie from beginning to end.
"my minister accidentally learned that this Wu Zhijie was born in Xue Gui's outer room. It was a random inquiry, but I didn't expect him to be so alarmed. " This is what Xuanyuan Hancheng knew in his previous life, when Wu Zhijie was reported to be Xue Gui's illegitimate son after the fall of the Xue family. At that time, Wu Zhijie had served in the forbidden army for many years and had never participated in the Xue family by his own efforts. Xuanyuan Hancheng did not deal with him, but only demoted him to the army. I don't want Wu Zhijie to have such a change in this life.
It turned out that when Xue Gui's eldest son was gone, he remembered that he still had a promising outer son. Wu Zhijie's mother-in-law is an honest official in the green house, who was placed outside behind Xue Guiyun when he was young. Of course, it is impossible for the Xue family to accept the child of a brothel, especially the eldest son of Xue Gui. Without avoiding unnecessary trouble, Xue Gui has been hiding it.
Wu Zhijie himself is also a proud man. After his mother's death, he joined the forbidden army through his own efforts. This time, Xue Gui thought of Wu Zhijie, who was the best candidate for the event of all previous kings. For this reason, he promised Wu Zhijie that he would go back to Xue's house as long as he achieved something. And put him in the name of Zhao as the eldest son, this life Wu Zhijie did not resist the temptation of the Xue family agreed to come down.
Chen Taiyi came in to examine the soup. "to your Majesty and your Highness, there is a colorless and tasteless medicine for sweating in this soup. If you drink all this soup, you will probably fall asleep for three days and three nights.".
Xuanyuan Zhaoshen immediately told Zhao Yong, "go and have a look. Is this midnight snack sent somewhere else?" Go and stop it. "
"No." Zhao Yong ran out quickly, with a cold sweat on his body. He checked the soup with a silver needle, but no problem was found. This Wu Zhijie is really abominable. No wonder he is always pestering him and making him want to show his face in front of the emperor. It turns out that he has bad intentions.
Zhao Yong ran out for a while and came back breathless. "your Majesty, his Royal Highness and the other four princes all sent midnight snacks. Except for the second prince who is boxing and has not yet drunk, the other three princes have already drunk the soup and have now passed out. "
Xuan Yuanzhao asked Chen Taiyi, "is there an antidote to this Mongolian sweat medicine?"
Chen Taiyi replied, "back to your Majesty, this sweat medicine should have been obtained from rivers and lakes. Please allow the subjects to go back and check how many herbs have been used in this sweat medicine before blending it."
Xuanyuan Zhao nodded deeply, "be quick.". "
"No." Doctor, retire.
At this time, only Xuanyuan Zhaoshen and Xuanyuan Han Cheng father and son were left in the account. Xuanyuan Hancheng looked at his father and emperor. "Father and Emperor, I'm afraid it's the action of King Li and the Xue family, so it's better for us to deal with it.". "
In the early morning of the next day, smoke rose slowly from the encampment.
When the civil and military officials came to the sacrifice site early to wait. haven't seen the emperor for a long time, not even his Royal Highness and other princes.
The official also muttered in his heart that it was almost time for the holidays.
Xue Gui blossomed with delight in his heart, and he had received a signal from his son. Last night's action was foolproof, and this time he risked his life to decide to do such a big thing.
Xue Gui looked at the officials standing in front of him and was secretly complacent that he would stand in the front in the future.
Xue Gui's position is in the middle, not as forward as Xue Rong's. Xue Gui looked at his elder brother Xue Rong, who was in the front row. He was envious and jealous of his elder brother Xue Rong, who was the leader of the Xue family. As for Xue Gui, when outsiders talk about it, he will say that this is Lord Xue Rong's brother.
The reason why he cooperates with Severe King, Xue Gui also wants to surpass his brother one day. In the future, the Xue family will be the first to think of him, Xue Gui. So this time he wanted to do something big.
"his Royal Highness King Li has arrived." Li Wang Xuan Yuan Zhaohong came slowly under the escort of a group of guards.
"your Highness King Li." The courtiers all looked at his Royal Highness Severe King in surprise. The King Li should have lived in the same city again. The king is not allowed to enter Beijing without edicts. Now his Royal Highness Severe King is ...
Some old courtiers saw his Royal Highness Severe King coming, but did not see his Majesty and his Highness the Crown Prince felt bad.
"the emperor and the prince are ill, and this sacrifice to heaven is presided over by the king." King Li looked at the argumentative minister below and said loudly.
Prime Minister Xie Changqing asked King Li, "offering sacrifices to heaven is a major event, and the emperor will not be absent without reason. King Li can have an oracle from the emperor."
Xie Changqing is the head of civil servants, he has experienced two dynasties, how he refused to believe what King Li said. When the prime minister finished, the ministers below echoed one after another.
"the emperor is too ill to give an order. The auspicious time for offering sacrifices to heaven is coming, so don't delay it. " King Li ignored Xie Changqing's words and insisted on supporting the ceremony of offering sacrifices to heaven.
"apart from the emperor presiding over, only Mr. Chu can preside over the sacrifice to heaven. I'm afraid you are not qualified to sacrifice to heaven, King Li." Xie Changqing is still adamant.
"this king is also the eldest son of the emperor, why can't he offer sacrifices to heaven? Cut the nonsense, the sacrifice can begin. " King Li said insolently. Emperor Xuanyuan Zhaoshen and Prince Xuan Yuan Han Cheng have been captivated. Of course it is reasonable for him to offer sacrifices to Heaven. He has been waiting for a day for too long. As early as when the emperor was alive, he brought him to sacrifice to heaven, and he swore in his heart that he would stand in the position of his father in the future. And Xuanyuan Zhao deep what, it is just lucky to ascend the throne. The emperor clearly preferred him to succeed to the throne at that time.
The more Xuanyuan Zhaohong thought about it, the more he was not reconciled to it. Today he had to sacrifice to heaven. This is why he rushed to the altar instead of checking on the unconscious crown prince and others.
When his sacrifice is over, he will go and deal with them. Had it not been for direct poisoning, he would have poisoned them once and for all. But not in a hurry, he also wanted to enjoy the fun of torturing them, and so on forced Xuanyuan to abdicate the imperial edict, after his legitimate ascension to the throne, there were plenty of means to kill them.
Xuan Yuan Zhaohong knows that Prince Xuan Yuan Han Cheng, he and the Crown Princess work together to harm his heirs like this, according to Xuanyuan Han Cheng's personality to know their own fate. Think of the destroyed barbarians, Xuanyuan Zhaohong had to strike pre-emptively, did not expect such a smooth success .... God is helping him, too!
When King Li saw that the ministers did not cooperate to raise their eyebrows, the guards went up and surrounded the ministers.
"King Li, you are going to rebel!" Xie Changqing reprimanded loudly.
Xue Rong looked at all this, frowned and did not say a word. Severe King was too reckless this time.
Then Xue Gui ran forward and said, "I will invite his Royal Highness Li Wang to preside over the ceremony of offering sacrifices to heaven." Xue Gui looked at the silent Xue Rong and said, "Brother, why don't you join me in supporting your Royal Highness?". "
Xue Rong looked at his excited brother and sighed in his heart. This is the end of the matter, and there is no other way. The Xue family can only go to the dark.
The kings watched with satisfaction that the ministers of Xue Family and Xue Family Yimai succumbed, and from the start, they had to go to the sacrificial platform.
At this time, there was an angry cry from afar: "how dare you, king of history?"