Chapter 28

Today you'll get another background story about one of the pack members.

Enjoy!

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

Changbin and Seungmin woke up before Felix. They briefly considered whether they should both stay in bed or wait for Felix so that he wouldn't wake up alone. In the end, they decided that Changbin would stay in bed with Felix since Felix was clinging to him and Seungmin goes downstairs to tell the other boys about Felix's mom. When Seungmin arrives downstairs, he sees Chan standing in the hallway. It looks like he was on his way to the office, but Seungmin immediately stops him.
"Hey hyung, I have something to tell you," Seungmin stops him and gives him a serious look. All of Chan's alarm bells immediately go off.

Chan takes him by the hand and pulls him into the kitchen, where Minho and Jisung are already.
"We should get Hyunjin and Jeongin in too," Seungmin advises and Minho immediately takes out his cell phone and texts the two of them. Less than a second later, they come running and look at the group with wide, frightened eyes.
"What did you text them?" asks Jisung, who looks at the two of them in confusion and then at Minho. "I just asked them to come to the kitchen quickly," says Minho, shrugging his shoulders. Hyunjin and Jeongin raise their eyebrows and look at Minho like he's crazy. But before they can say anything, Seungmin interrupts them. "You can argue about it later, but right now I have to tell you something," Seungmin says and sits down at the table with Minho and Jisung.

"Where's Changbin?" asks Jeongin as he sits down next to Seungmin. The others follow him.
"He's with Felix. The two of them look pretty cute," says Seungmin, thinking of the picture of Felix cuddling up to Changbin like a puppy. The others look confused. Felix and Changbin cuddling? The two of them? After Felix didn't even let Minho get close to him?
"I know you're wondering why, but when you were all busy elsewhere, we took care of Felix," Seungmin says and immediately Minho jumps back into the worried mom role. "Is he all right? What happened?" Minho asks and grabs Jisung's hand, who immediately bites his lip as Minho squeezes his hand too hard.

"He called for 'help'," Seungmin says and everyone immediately freezes. Felix called for help? Like he spoke? He actually spoke? How?
"You mean he texted you. Via phone, right?" asks Jeongin, who was very confused. Seungmin shakes his head and looks at his mates.
"No, he was speaking. It was quiet, but we heard it. Changbin and I hadn't brought it up yet because Felix was so upset and scared. He didn't speak while he was explaining what was going on, but wrote everything down. But Changbin and I know for sure that Felix called for help," explains Seungmin and the others can't believe what they've just heard.

Felix has spoken for the first time and they weren't there. This may sound a bit selfish, but they would like to hear Felix's voice.
"Okay, we can sort this out later, but what do you mean by scared and what situation did he explain," Chan asks.
"He woke up from a nightmare. Or rather, he said it wasn't a nightmare but a memory from his childhood. Here... this is the note he wrote for us. It should explain everything. Including the reaction from yesterday afternoon," says Seungmin, handing them the note with Felix's explanation. Chan was the first to take the note and immediately had four more heads hanging over his shoulders. They all read the note very carefully, taking it in word by word and sentence by sentence.

"Wow," Hyunjin said first and dropped back into his chair.
"Yeah... wow," said Jeongin, following the beta's example. Minho continued to stare at the piece of paper and Jisung just sat quietly in his seat.
"Did he say anything else about it or...", Chan begins and looks at Seungmin.
"No, after that we wanted to let him sleep, but he didn't want us to go. So we laid down with him. He gave us permission to tell you, but he didn't say anything else," Seungmin replies and Chan just nods in agreement. Suddenly, Minho gets up, puts the note on the table and leaves the kitchen. Seungmin looks questioningly at Chan and then at Jisung, who gets up immediately.
"I'll talk to him," says Jisung and follows his hyung.