{Chapter 21}

POV Centi:

I watched as the small turtle left out through the door, his figure keeping a stuttered pace as he walked by the windows, I could tell he was watching me, waiting for me to move, but I stood still until finally he was out of sight. I remembered his tone, forcefully calm, yet stiff, almost like he tried to hold down the rage when he heard the scientist's name, ready to boil over the edge and yell at the nearest living thing, yet he didn't, he stayed calm. Turning towards the stairs, I carried the large container in my arms and entered the ten-digit code, shoving the door out and closing it again. "Flaco, I need you to look into this 'retro-mutagen' the turtle kid gave me", Flaco was silent, saying not a single word, 'that's weird, he was here a moment ago?', feeling around the room, I looked for any blurred figure, but there was nothing, not a hum, not a creek, I couldn't even hear his breathing. 'Pequenito has to know something...he has to', I walked towards the nursery and quietly tapped the door, waiting for the kid to make any sound, anything, and he did.

W H A T

"I'm sorry for waking you up, Pequenito...did Flaco leave by chance?", I waited as I heard shuffling inside the nursery, greeted by an ajar door with an eye peeking through the tiny crack.

N O

H E     W A S     W O R K I N G     O N     T H E     C O M P U T E R

"Alright...one more thing, I know you're tired believe me I understand, but please...can you come out and help me find him...I destroyed the cameras, so I have no way of knowing where he went...", the young parent fell silent, not thinking, but watching, staring up toward the vent above the room, he knew something but what...

A     H U M A N

K E E P     Q U I E T

T H E Y R E     W A T C H I N G

"Thank you", I whispered, placing the vial off to the side as I pushed the door shut, hearing the tale tail sounds of the door locking, "We know you're here girl, come out", I stared up towards the vent, still hearing silence, so I waited, "That kid's gone! I sent him home with good news, so leave, let us live in peace-"

*Slam!*

The vent fell to the ground with a loud bang as a girl dropped to the floor, and Dannie shoved against her side, looking somewhat unconscious, "May I ask what you are doing here-", my eyes shifted down towards the limp bat, gratefully hearing the sounds of the kid snoring, "with that kid in your hold?", the human rose her blade and pointed it towards my neck, yet I stood still. Threatened with the tip of the blade aimed directly towards my Adam's apple, that did not scare me... after living in this facility for almost a whole century, I've seen...worse things. "I know you're lying, where's my brother", her tone gave off not curiosity, but rather authority, demanding me to tell her, the young one's whereabouts, so I did, "The turtle with the purple mask? I just told you, the boy left to continue his search-"

"No, I mean Michaelangelo", I just stared down towards the girl, "Like I told the boy, but I guess I have to tell you kid-"

"Kid?! Ha, I bet I far older than you, so I don't you put some respect in those voidful eyes and sours words-"

"You think you're older than me...a mutant?! You sweet summer child, fine why don't you guess my age", I chuckled as I walked towards the computer, and stared at the two young turtle heart rates, pumping a healthy rate. 'The other two should be hatching soon...I so can't wait to watch them grow', scrolling through the screen, the girl still said nothing, so I spoke, my back turned towards the young girl, "...seventy-two...I know you probably don't believe me, but its true, I have lived here since I was ten, so around 1930 was when I was born, and 1941 was when I was kidnapped...", I felt the atmosphere thicken, everything felt so tense, so I just continued off of my previous conversation, telling her the same thing I told the boy from before.