*✿ 080

Next day,At school

Next day,
At school...

(Y/n)'s POV

I knew I made the right decision by returning home instead of staying over at the Haitanis' to look after Shion. He was having a good time with them especially with Rindou. Rindou is the only person I could trust to make Shion happy after all.

Thank God Ran cooperated with Rindou to cheer up Shion. He called me in early morning to inform of his absence to school. The way he talked, I just knew he felt at peace and happy with them. I understood his feelings. He needed the day to emotionally recover from yesterday's incident.

It is gonna suck for me to spend the day at school all alone but his happiness is the top priority right now.

And if Izana is there...

Izana did attend school today, much to my expectation. I decided to leave for school much earlier since I loved the morning serenity in class, when no student was in sight. I thought I could spend the time quietly to finish the rest of my homework.

But there he was, settling in his seat while looking outside the window.

Izana was not a morning person-- he especially hated going to school early, on top of that. So why...was he in class at this hour?

I stood under the doorframe frozen on my spot, clutching the strap of my bookbag as the tension in the class thickened. Izana wasn't even doing anything yet I felt the rising distress between us.

After what he told that day, I can't bring myself to talk to him.. Like, how exactly can I approach him now?

He made it clear he doesn't want me around him.

Should I just...give up?

I silently made my way to my seat, which, obviously, was situated close to Izana. Sitting on my chair, I took out some revision books and the homework books I was yet to complete. I did my hardest in pretending Izana was absent, so his presence didn't bother me or disrupt my focus. I started working on my homework.

I just need to bear with this for an hour.. If I distract myself with the homework, I'm sure the time will flee in split seconds-

My hand accidentally knocked down the eraser, the small object dropped onto the floor and tumbling over to Izana's seat. I mentally gasped in horror, hesitating whether to get the eraser or not. I was doing my everything to avoid any interaction with Izana..

He picked up my eraser.

When I noticed Izana suddenly looked my way, I turned my head away in panic. Nervousness settled in my system when I heard his chair creaking. I didn't dare to fix my eyes at him again..