*✿ 079

Roppongi, Haitani brothers' house,Nighttime

Roppongi,
Haitani brothers' house,
Nighttime..

Third Person's POV

"Riiiiin, I want more tamagoyaki."

"NO. This is my portion."

"I'll give you money to buy your favourite beer."

"...give me the money first."

"Okay! Here it is~"

When the aroma of tamagoyaki filled the air, Ran, desperation etched on his face, discreetly handed a crumpled wad of bills to Rindou, a smirk lacing the older brother's face. The little brother hesitated, torn between hunger and the allure of the offered currency.

The temptation to use the money to buy beer since they were out of stock...was irresistible.

Reluctance in his eyes, Rindou eventually took the crumpled bills. Ran, delighted with the agreement, watched the transaction unfold. A heavy sigh escaped Rindou as he handed over the tamagoyaki, a silent pact sealed with currency.

Ran clapped his hands joyfully before taking one tamagoyaki from the plate. Rindou was questioning his life choice, pondering if the temporary "wealth" was worth the sacrifice he made for the sake of buying...beers.

"You are really the best cook, Rin. Remind me of Mama's cooking. Next time, make more portion for me, okay? No worries, I'll pay you."

"Where did you get all this money? You...aren't involved in anything sketchy, are you?"

"Who knows."

"Aniki...I thought we promised (Y/n) not to associate ourselves with any sort of crime anymore."

"Chill, Rin. I just blackmailed that old man."

"Oh."

"I said, if he refuses to give more money, I'm gonna make sure his happy family suffer the worst. You know how much he adores our bitchy stepmom and that little mistake."

"....."

Rindou fell into silence as Ran kept ridiculing their stepmother and half-sister. Standing up from the seat, the younger Haitani made his way to the front door. "I'm swinging by the grocery store. Anything you want, Aniki?"

"Get me some Mont Blanc!"

"You just ate it yesterday.. Whatever. See you later, Aniki."

"Byebye, Rin. Love you~"

"Yeah, yeah."

"Meanie."

"I got it. I will buy you Mont Blanc."

"No, that's not what I mean. You don't say it back.."

"What- YOU ALREADY KNOW."

"But I want to hear it from you too."