Boy Issues

You slept poorly. Once you'd gotten back to your room, the sun was already rising in the sky. So, your body clock tried to wake you up after a few hours, and you had to fight to get back to sleep. Eventually, you gave up at 6pm, and after realising you missed team dinner, because your stomach rumbled hard enough to make you stumble on your way to the bathroom, you made yourself a couple of sandwiches and an instant noodle in your kitchenette, before heading down to train.

Training in the middle of night with Tony and Bruce was fine, helpful even, but sometimes you just needed time to yourself. A run on the treadmill, a bit of time with the punching bag, and music blasting in your ears. This evening was one of those times.

Sure, you had a general, rough plan of what to say to Bucky when you next spoke to him. Somewhat. You were sure you'd figure out the exact words once you were in front of him, anyway. Hopefully his sudden change in behaviour in the elevator means that he was now not going to be an asshole to you going forward, which would make the conversation a whole lot easier. You weren't playing any more games. You were going to be honest, and let the chips fall where they may.

But you also realised that you really meant what you said to Wanda and Nat - you didn't want to just jump back into bed with him. That was part of the reason you'd gotten into this mess - acting first and thinking later. You needed to slow it all down.

Except nothing in your brain slowed down when you saw him punching the bag you'd mentally picked out before entering the training room though. Shirtless. Of course he was shirtless.

His skin was shining with sweat, his eyes laser focused, the muscles in his right arm, his shoulders rippling as his fist made contact with the bag. The little noises, grunts he was making.

Stupid stupid sex hormones.

There were other people in the training room, obviously, but you were ashamed to admit that it took you a moment to realise that it wasn't just you and Bucky there. The only reason you realised was because Bucky had stopped punching, and caught your eye, and smiled knowingly. It made you look away, and that was the point that you remembered there were other people in the building.

You headed to the treadmill, Clint walking up to them with you and getting on the one beside you.

"You slept all day?" He asked.

"Yeah, had a late night." You mumbled, pressing the buttons to start the treadmill on a slow warm-up walk.

"I heard. How come you never come to me for advice anymore?" He asked.

"I do! Just...Wanda and Nat were closer."

"I hate to think my best-friend status is in jeopardy."

"You really want to listen to me talk about my boy issues?"

"Maybe." He shrugged as he walked in time with you on his own treadmill. "Nat and Wanda don't exactly have typical life experience."

"This isn't a typical boy though." You replied, your eyes wandering over to the person in question, who was already staring back at you. Then Clint tapped your shoulder, making you look at him.

'Go on, give me whirl.' He signed, with a grin on his face. You let out a loud exhale.

'Okay. So he's been an asshole to me right?'

'Yeah.'

'Turns out it's because he thought me and Thor were banging while you guys were locked up.'

'Shut the front door!'

'Honestly.' You shook your head, risking another glance at the man in question. 'Never asked me, just assumed, then treated me like shit because of it.'