Rambeau 3.5

You'd woken up the next morning at Tony's desk with paper stuck to your face.

Groaning as you peeled them off your skin, you pushed back from the desk and headed to Tony's coffee machine, pressing the button to turn it on, but it just beeped annoyingly at you.

"COFFEE!" You yelled at the machine angrily.

"It requires coffee beans, Miss Starr." FRIDAY said.

"Sorry." You muttered, bending down to the cabinet to grab a bag of beans and filling up the machine before pressing the button again. This time it lit up green, and started hissing. You remembered to put a cup beneath it at the last second.

As the liquid poured into the cup, your mind drifted to Bucky. To your last conversation. Hopefully, there will be a second conversation. There was a twinge of regret that your last kiss was in panic mode before watching him get kidnapped.

Rubbing your eyes, you took your coffee back to the desk, not relaxing for a minute. You couldn't waste time focusing solely on Bucky - the whole team needed your help.

Last night you'd found some information on this Thor guy - who it turns out is not only an alien but a freaking GOD?! - and got FRIDAY to leave a message on Bruce's phone. Apparently on Thor's planet, the Avenger's phones worked, thanks to some techy thing that Tony and Bruce did, but the journey there and back was a no-go zone. So the hope was that Bruce would get to Thor, see the message, come back.

But there was no guarantee on how long that would take, so your second part of the night was filled with you looking into this Rumlow person. Although he was a super bad guy, there was nothing you found that could help you get the others back.

After 2 more coffees, you decided to head down to the lab. You figured there might be something there that would spark an idea. Honestly, until Bruce got back to you, you were completely freeballing it.

You grabbed a sandwich from the canteen on the way down, which didn't taste great seeing as they'd been out all night thanks to your emergency evacuation. Throwing it in a bin, your eyes caught sight of a room you'd only been in once before.

The security room.

The security room!

The Manor had cameras, you had looked at some of them with Nat! If you could get into the cameras from last night, you could see exactly where the team was taken, how many baddies there were, work out an escape route, and see what happened with that blood-covered woman.

You were now half-racing to the lab, because you were trying not to spill your coffee on the way, and that's where the fancy computer was. Again, it felt weird and creepy rushing into the lab and not seeing Bruce or Tony there, but you pushed the uncomfortableness out of your mind and went to the computer, putting your coffee beside it.

"Okay, security...hack...cameras..." You muttered, tapping on the screen and swiping through programmes trying to find something that would help you achieve your goal. Nothing looked like it would work, so you tried again from the start. "FRIDAY help me out here!"

"How can I help Miss Starr?"

"I need the cameras from the Manor. How do I get into those?"

"You would need to hack into their mainframe to access the security camera subsystem."

"Great, can you do that?"

"I have no access."

"No I know, I'm asking you to get access."

"I have no access."

"No I..." You stopped yourself from repeating your reply. "So...how can you get access?"