Self-Wallowing

How could you have been so stupid?!

Throwing more things into your holdall, you chastised yourself in your head.

What kind of idiot shouts in the hallway about sleeping with a colleague? This idiot, that's who. Now Steve knows, and he'll tell Tony, who'll tell the rest of them, and then they'll all laugh about how you and Bucky had a one night stand and now can't communicate in a normal way and always shout at each other.

You knew what that would mean. Bye bye safe compound. Tony can't have a team that can't get along. That leads to mistakes, and Tony doesn't like mistakes. You've just fucked up entirely.

So you were preemptively packing. Leaving everything in the room that had been bought with Tony's card, you packed your own items, planning to store them in the vent until the day that Tony comes up to you to fire you. Who knows if that would be hours, or weeks?

You weren't sure if they'd been through this already, considering Bucky and Nat were both still here. Then again, they were probably smart enough not to scream about their sex life in the communal hallways.

The rest of that day you stayed in your room. The next day you went training with Clint and Wanda, leaving a second after you saw Bucky walk into the room. You hoped you were subtle enough. Three more days went by in the same fashion, and you only saw Tony once in that time, and avoided him completely.

Five days after your night with Bucky, there was a knock on your door late at night that worried you. It took you a few moments, and a couple of follow-up knocks for you to finally open the door.

Wanda and Clint were on the other side. Holding two bottles of tequila and a tub of ice cream.

"We thought you might need these." Clint grinned.

"Um...okay. Why?" You asked.

"Well," Wanda said, looking a little sheepish. "We may have heard something about you and a certain someone. And a certain...night."

"Jesus." You sighed, turning around and walking away from them, further into your room until you could faceplant your bed.

"Okay so I actually eavesdropped on Steve talking to Buck about it, but it's the same thing." Clint explained, but you kept your face buried in your sheets. Then he turned to signing. 'When were you going to tell us you and Bucky did the nasty?!'

"Never, okay?" You answered, finally turning over and sitting up as they both came to sit next to you. "Sleeping with him was a mistake and I never wanted anyone to know."

"But you've wanted him since you got here?" Clint asked, confusion on his face.

"I was an idiot. He was an asshole, then we argued and then Steve overheard. Just one mistake after the other."

"Let me guess," Wanda said, an eyebrow raising in suspicion. "You haven't spoken to him since?"

"Obviously not." Clint replied for you. "This is Luka we're talking about."

"Hey!" You defended.

"Well, have you?" He asked.

"....no." You grumbled. Wanda unscrewed one of the bottles and passed it to you. You had a sip, enjoying the burn of the alcohol in your throat. "I don't even know what to say. I never asked him any of the things we talked about-"

"Whoa you two have been talking about this without me?!" Clint gasped, his hand going over his chest in playful betrayal. 'Rude. I thought we were friends.' He signed to you.

"You're focusing on the wrong thing." Wanda said as she rolled her eyes. "So, what? You went over to talk and just ended up in bed together?"

"Umm.." You blushed. "Yeah basically."