Utter Chaos

Tony had added a small padded fabric bag that hooked onto the waistband of your suit, which was meant for you to put the bio weapon inside to get it back to the quinjet. You put the three tubes in there, being as careful as possible to not squish them too much as you closed it back up. But the thought of the fourth space in the big container was worrying you. What if the bad guys took one of the tubes, just in case? Then they'd at least have one on them if things went tits up?

It's a tactic that you used to do. If there was a lot of something you wanted, but you weren't quite finished with investigating the house or the building, you took at least one with you in case you had to leave in a hurry.

You decided to tap the comms in your ear.

"Umm..hello?" You said, your voice slightly hushed as you watched the door.

"What's up Rambeau? Did you get it?" You recognised it as Tony's voice. You didn't appreciate the nickname.

"I got it. But it looks like there should be four tubes, and I've only found three."

No one said anything on the other end for a few seconds. You tapped it again.

"Hello?"

"We heard you." It was Nat responding this time. "He must have the last one. Anyone got eyes on him?"

"YEAH!" Sam's voice was loud, shouting in your ear suddenly. "WE'RE WITH - HIM - NOW!"

His voice was broken, huffy, and you realised that he must literally be fighting the guy while he was talking. You left the room.

"ON THE FOURTH - FLOOR!" Sam yelled again, and then you realised that the third floor, which you were now on, was completely empty. All of the bad cronies must have run up to help their leader.

"Don't let him break it!" Tony warned the others in the comms as you started running to the stairs, taking them two at a time and bursting through the fourth floor door.

Luckily, the commotion of the fight on the other side covered the sound of the door banging open, and no one seemed to realise that it had swung of its own accord. It was much more difficult dodging people this time, as they were darting all over the place, swinging punches left and right, being thrown out the window by Nat.

It was utter chaos.

It was so exhilarating.

You finally spotted Sam and Steve fighting some guy towards the far corner, dangerously close to the giant windows. You caught sight of Bucky absolutely dominating his fight with a couple of people, but your attention was quickly brought back to the main attraction as your adrenaline fueled you to run over.

You stopped a few feet away from them, watching them helplessly for a few seconds while this guy held his own pretty well against Steve and Sam. You were about to start getting involved when Bucky appeared from nowhere and grabbed his arms, pinning them behind his back, and Nat appeared and kicked him in the back of the knees, making him fall down to the floor.

Sam and Steve took a couple of breaths, and it was then that you noticed the room was suddenly quiet. Looking around, the floor was littered with ....dead bodies? Unconscious bodies? You weren't too sure. That would have been why Bucky and Nat came over.

"We know you have it." Steve said to the guy, who just smiled back at him. Steve grabbed his shirt. "Where is it?"

"You'll never find it." The man laughed menacingly. "And you'll never stop this from happening."

Sam punched him round the face.

"Try that again." He said when the guy looked back at him angrily. You set about carefully frisking the outside of his pockets while Bucky held him, making sure he wouldn't feel your fingertips. The guy had a belt on that looked like an old army utility belt, lots of compartments and pouches. You felt a long, hard object in the back one on the right, just out of the way of Bucky's hold on his arms, and you started unzipping it slowly while they talked.