Trump 2.0

The light hitting your face through the window woke you up. You groaned as you squeezed your eyes shut, waiting for the impending hangover to hit your body, rolling over and breathing in deeply.

You opened your eyes again when you realised that you felt relatively okay. There was no pounding headache. Your mouth didn't feel that dry. Your body didn't feel gross.

Kicking the sheets off you, you sat up, pausing for a few seconds, just in case your body was having a delayed reaction.

Nope, still nothing.

Of course, you thought with a roll of your eyes - the liquor was probably watered down or something to prevent the team getting hammered.

You showered numbly, noticing under the water how you had finger shaped bruises on your ass, and your hips. Yeah, you remembered everything from last night.

You changed into new, clean pyjamas, and spent the day scrolling on your phone. And pointedly ignoring the texts from Wanda and Clint. And ...Sam apparently, who started texting you from around 3am different variations of asking where you were and each text getting progressively more misspelt with a 'Hey starfish', 'hiiii starghost', and 'wassup ghostladyy' preceding each one. So maybe the liquor wasn't too watered down, or maybe Sam just had a lot.

There was a notable absence of texts from Bucky.

Maybe he was drunk, and didn't remember it.

Then you remembered that supersoldiers couldn't even get drunk, even on watered down alcohol, and you felt annoyed that it would mean you have to talk about it at some point.

There was a clench in your stomach that felt like you wanted to drink again. Or maybe just leave the compound altogether.

Maybe you should talk to him.

No, Luka. What a stupid idea that would be. Talk to the hot man you kissed and almost got naked with? Who you definitely wanted to get naked with? Just so Tony can kick you off the team for fraternising with a colleague?!

Your mind wandered back to the cameras. You needed to make sure Tony didn't see what happened last night. Surely there was a way of getting hold of the footage, and deleting it? That power would most likely lie with Stark, seeing as he built this entire place from the ground up, going by your research. You had asked FRIDAY a couple of times to delete the footage, but were told that it 'wasn't allowed'. So, it would be a case of getting into the security room and deleting it from there.

You avoided communal meals for the next two days, spending the time looking online about how to navigate program files, how to delete security footage from a range of security cameras. The hope was that whatever system Tony had in place, something would be familiar to what you had found online. The other hope was that Tony didn't review the footage that often.

One evening, three days after the party, you shivered invisible and left your room. You ventured down to the lab, checking that Tony was in there before wandering to the First Floor. You remembered from Tony's introduction in his office, that the first and second floor were for the admin staff, so it would make sense that the security room was also somewhere on those floors.

Sure enough, after 40 minutes of wandering, you came across a door that said 'SECURITY ROOM'. You pressed your ear against the door, but heard no noises, so pushed it open.

There was someone on the other side, sitting in the chair, now turning to look at the door that glitched invisible then opened by itself. Thank god you were still invisible, as you completely froze until he started to stand up. Then you slowly stepped around him as he walked closer to the door, reaching into your bag and pulling out the baton you brought with you.
Just in case.