A Plan

You wondered why Thor didn't live at the compound. You'd like him to. He had set up a cosy corner of the quinjet for you to sleep on, using the team's sleeping bags. When you woke up, he gave you some water. Whenever he and Bruce discussed something, his eyes would light up happily. He was like a golden retriever puppy, with Wanda's caring, mothering side. It was enough to make you forget about all the shit that was currently happening, and that would have been really nice to have when you first joined the team.

If Thor had lived at the compound, you believed that you would have warmed up to the others quicker. You felt safe around him. Maybe that was because of his giant height and wide muscles though. He was built like a brick wall, and you were certain that anyone who tried to run into him would crumple and disintegrate into dust like a 70 year old car.

Once you had a quick shower in the quinjet's fully kitted bathroom, and were dressed in some clean, comfy clothes you stole from the safehouse, you joined Thor's discussion with Bruce, who was sitting in the pilot's chair.

"We can't get close enough to just barge in. The snipers would take us out. Steve and Nat had a whole plan last time." Bruce sighed.

"Well what was their plan?" You asked.

"There was a vent in the centre of the floor, which led out to the south east wall, we had to crawl through it and drop into a shielded Wakandan boat which they had waiting for us." Bruce explained.

"Okay, so we'll just do the same, but backwards. The quinjet can shield up." You shrugged. "What's the issue?"

"The issue is that we've already done it once. They'll have covered it."

"Just hack into the big scary Raft boss' computer and find the new vent layouts. I can make us all invisible, Thor can fly us there, then you can smash. We just need to know where to go."

"I don't have time to figure that out, and while I was imprisoned there I wasn't exactly playing Candy Crush, so I don't have their network blueprint to even start looking into their system."

"You're being a bit of a downer here Banner." You scoffed, making Thor laugh loudly. Then you picked up the arrowhead from Clint, which Bruce had placed near one of the levers. "What about this J-r-h-o thing on the other side? Maybe Clint was giving us a clue to get into the Raft."

"I thought about that." Bruce sighed. "I haven't come up with anything though. I'm convinced he notched a letter wrong."

"If you say it like J-rho, it just makes me wanna say J-Rod, and makes me think of that conspiracy theory from Area 51 a few years back."

"What is Area 51? Another planet?" Thor asked.

"No, it's in Nevada. People think the government hides aliens there." You explained, before turning to Bruce. "You must have heard it, I kept seeing it on newsstands. Sir military man J-Rod or something, appeared from a plane crash supposedly."

"Well yeah but..."

Suddenly Bruce's eyes widened, and he snatched the arrowhead from your hands.

"Hey!" You protested.

"J-RHO was right." Bruce muttered, leaping out of his chair and grabbing his phone from the table and dialling a number. "Clint, you're a genius!"

"You gonna explain anytime soon?" You asked as both you and Thor frowned at Bruce starting to pace.

Then Bruce stopped, and smiled. Clearly the person he called answered the phone.

"Rhodes!" Bruce said into the phone.

You watched for a few seconds in complete confusion while Bruce started chatting away to this Rhodes person on the phone.