Plan C

The next 30 minutes was a whirlwind. All the enemies that Bruce (and you now guessed Rhodes) had struck down on your way in, were still littering the floors of the rooms you went back through, but now more and more bad guys were appearing. Clint, Nat and Sam were shooting who they could off of Bruce's shoulders as he bouldered his way through, while Peter was swinging, jumping down and attacking, before climbing back up the green giant's arm and scouting for the next one.

Steve and Bucky had quickly upgraded their guns, taking down the first people in their paths and then taking the weapons from their hands, throwing away the worse ones. Bucky had a glare on his face the entire time, as though he was not satisfied with any of them. Tony and Rhodes were blasting people, and Thor was swinging his hammer left and right, causing enemies to fly into every single wall. Wanda and Vision were flying around and shooting enemies with their own coloured tendrils, and it all just looked like a fantastic collage of heroes. If you had time to take a picture, you would have.

But you were on your own mission.

Before Plan A went tits up, the original idea was for you to use your new permeable powers to sidestep into surrounding rooms, which Rhodes had given you the general layout for, hoping to find the stash of bioweapon. Rhodes and Bruce both thought that if they were keeping the Avengers here, they would want the bioweapon also close by. And just because the first part of Plan A hadn't worked out, it didn't mean that you couldn't try and finish the job.

So while the team was fighting back to the front door, or rather, the final room where you had left the vent open, leading to the outside where Thor could fly them to the dock where the quinjet was hovering invisibly for your arrival, you ran sideways through wall after wall trying to find the tubes. You could hear the team talking in your ear, realising that they were now in the second to last room before they'd be at the exit point, which meant you didn't have much time left to look.

They couldn't exactly hang around waiting for you, when the entire prison was after them, could they?

So you started running faster, unsure where the extra energy came from for a second until you remembered - Super Soldier, duh. You raced through another three, four, five rooms before you felt like this was a futile task. Deciding to check one more room, and one more room only, you stepped through the wall and found yourself in what looked like another cell. A large cell. And this one was made of stone rather than...whatever the medical looking walls in the other cells were. This room was more like a cave.

A cave with boxes in the corner.

Quickly scanning the room, you couldn't see any cameras, so you shivered visible and started opening the boxes. Each one was filled to the brim with the bioweapon tubes, the liquid glowing as if it was radioactive. You gulped as you thought that this stuff was in you, but quickly shook the distracted thought out of your head. It looked different than the tubes you'd gotten before. Maybe it was a new version, because you didn't remember the others looking this...neon. Either way, that wasn't what you needed to focus on right now.

"Guys." You said after you tapped your ear comms. Nothing but static. "Guys?" You repeated, but there was no reply. Maybe the room was blocking the signal somehow.

Time for Plan...C?

You took as many tubes as you could, stuffing them in your belt. It was surprising how many you managed to fit in there, as though the material was magically expanding as you put more and more tubes inside. Way easier than the first time you did this.

After the first box was almost completely empty, your belt was finally full, and you physically couldn't shove anymore into the pockets without risking breaking them. Although, it's not like you could get any more Super Soldier-esque, so if one broke again, it wouldn't exactly be the worst thing.

Then, you started tipping the boxes over. Breaking the locks with one hand, and pushing them until they fell over. The tubes tumbled to the floor. Some smashed, some didn't. You stomped on the ones that didn't smash, and you didn't stop until you had emptied every single tube.

You spent a second staring over the fluorescent liquid on the floor, some of it starting to seep into the rock. You wondered if that would have any consequences.

You figured that it would stall the baddies enough to overpower any consequences.

Then you heard a rumble, and a horrible sliding, grating sound, and turned around to see a door you had never noticed was opening. You shivered invisible, and ran through the wall.

You screamed when you started free falling towards the black, rough water below.

Then your body jolted, and you felt an arm around your waist.

"I have you, Miss Luka." Thor smiled, as he paused mid air, then held his hammer above his head, and you were suddenly shooting upwards, away from the alarms that you had only now realised were sounding from the prison.

"How did you find me?" You shouted at him as you flew.

"You had been gone for five minutes, I was circulating." He answered, as if flying around a secure prison was a normal activity for him. "The others are waiting."

In a few seconds, Thor landed on something invisible in the air, and you were both carried forward. The Quinjet.

You kept your arms wrapped around Thor's shoulders while he just crouched on top of the invisible plane, and you silently thanked yourself for never getting flying powers. This was not your favourite thing to do, at all.

It felt like hours before the compound came into your sights, and you were descending down to the floor. Just before the jet touched down to the floor, Thor jumped, still holding you, and carefully landed on the grass beside the jet.

"Are you okay? You look pale." He asked.

"Not a fan of flying." You admitted, your voice a little croaky from the queasiness in your stomach. "But I appreciate it all the same." You added with a smile, which made him smile. Then he reached his hand up to your hair and ran his fingers through it.

"You look a mess."

"Oh thanks!" You laughed. "Not all of us have God hair that looks perfect all the time."

"A shame. You might look better as a God." He smiled back. The words themselves could have been taken as flirting, but you could see in Thor's eyes that he meant them as just a playful tease.

"Are you two done?" Bucky snapped from beside you, and it was only then that you realised the team were all filtering out from the jet, and there were two strange things about the group.

One - Bruce was now not green and wrapped in a blanket.

Two - Bucky's face looked like he could murder someone. And he was staring right at you.

"Why is my compound locked up?!" Tony gasped, walking towards the building where all the shutters were still in place. You were thankful for the interruption, and broke your staring contest with Bucky. The conversation you clearly needed to have with him was better done in private.

"I had to." You explained, heading over to the door as well. "I was on my own and I didn't know who to trust until Bruce got here."

"Wait, where were you?" Nat asked, looking at Bruce.

"Bruce was visiting Asgard." Thor answered.

"That explains why he's here as well then." Steve muttered. You turned around to his comment, and saw that he had been whispering it to Bucky. The two of them were now eyeing you, questioning why you were looking at them.

You realised that you wouldn't have heard that, if you hadn't had the serum in your blood. So you pretended to just be looking generally around the team, before turning your attention back to Tony, and explaining that other than going through his coffee, his computer, the weapons, and your suits, you hadn't actually touched that much at all.

The team filtered into the compound, the large shutter doors slamming shut behind them and echoing around the dark halls. Tony was automatically leading everyone to the conference rooms, but once inside, and once everyone had dropped off the weapons (if they were holding any), they started filtering back out, one by one, each stating that they needed a shower and sleep, before they could do anything else.

You spotted Bucky leaving, and leapt up.