Alien Hitler

"I don't work for anyone." You said. "Now, if you weirdos could do me a solid-"

"Weirdos?" Tony laughed. "You come in here turning invisible and you call us weird?"

"Umm yeah you guys fought the Alien Hitler stuff and the metal snake thing. That's pretty weird."

It was quiet for a couple of seconds before someone started laughing. The dark skinned man had started laughing. Everyone turned to him, as he tried to stifle it. He was unsuccessful, and he was making you want to laugh as well.

"Sorry," He chuckled. "Sorry. It was uhh..." He coughed. "The Alien Hitler stuff. Never heard anyone call it that before."

"Who sent you to come here looking for money?" Steve asked, ignoring his friend with a roll of his eyes.

"No one." You answered honestly, but you knew they didn't buy it. Not with the innocent smile you were giving them. "I just followed him -" You jerked your head towards Tony Fancypants. "And then you attacked me. Which is odd, because the Internet said you were the good guys and well," You paused and lifted your hands as high as they would go in your restraints. "This doesn't seem very friendly to me."

There was another pause in the room. It seemed that none of them knew what to say. Each one of them was frowning at you, like they were confused as hell.

"Why do you keep saying The Internet like that?" Natasha asked.

"Like what?"

"Like you don't know who we are."

"Well I didn't until I googled the things I found in your weird little storage room."

Another silence. This time they were exchanging odd looks with each other.

"She's telling the truth." Someone said suddenly, and you turned to look at the lady with red eyes, which were now glowing brightly, like you'd seen in the conference room.

"Are you some kind of telepath person?" You questioned, fully intrigued now. "Or like...all knowing?"

"She can read minds. So don't get too comfortable." Natasha answered with a smirk. It made Beautiful Man huff out a laugh too, drawing your attention back to him. He was leaning against the wall, arms folded over his chest, his tongue darting out to lick his bottom lip as he looked between her and you.

Ugh what you would do to that tongue.

"She definitely doesn't know who we are." She spluttered, and you looked back over to her to see her blushing and looking at the floor.

"Oh," You giggled. "Right. Read minds." She caught your eye and shook her head, like she was trying to say it was okay. Maybe she was used to it. Maybe she'd heard worse with-

"I have." She answered out loud, making you laugh again, and making the others thoroughly confused.

"Okay you two stop with your half conversation!" Tony snapped. "We need to think about what we do next."

"If she isn't a threat, why don't we let her go?" Gem forehead man suggested.

"I vote for that one." You interrupted.

"We can't just let her go. She broke in and tried to steal from us." Steve reasoned.

"Again I didn't break in I-"

"Did she even take anything? Who has her purse?" Dark skinned man asked.

"I do not consent to any bag searches under -"

"I got it." Beautiful Man replied, picking it up from the floor and handing it over to Steve.

"No, not you too!" You pouted at him. He just looked away from you, but you could see his lips twitch, like he wanted to smile, as he moved back to his position against the wall.